1,191 results
All reviews front desk cracker barrel pool and hot tub the breakfast area a pet friendly hotel great staff hot breakfast great job sausage went out of her way great place to stay upon check the entire staff waffles cookies pleasant stay beds were comfortable
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stay a couple of nights a week in Port Charlotte, FL for business and have tried several hotels as options over the last few months...Since my experience at La Quinta was of high quality and great value I have made it my permanent home away from home while in Charlotte County...great rooms, very friendly staff and an excellent free breakfast each day...high value for money spent!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
BruceGM0997, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of LaQuinta Port Charlotte, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, which our guests expect. Our outstanding team believes in providing that personalized service. We look forward to another opportunity to host you at our property, and once again, thank you for your positive comment.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Outstanding service and assistance from the staff, Facilities clean and comfortable, Staff very knowledgeable and helpful concerning local information, services, attractions, restaurants, and shopping.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have stayed here several times in the past year and this time by far was our worst experience. The front desk lady with the brown hair acts like she is above her guests and is rude, we found a roach under the bed cover that they put on the bed and the front desk acted like it wasnt that big a deal. Went swimming in the evening and there are no signs posted on how or if you can turn on the lights to the pool. NO hot water at all, like barely even warm. And the breakfast area is so cramped together your packed in waiting on waffles to cook next to toasters. Acted like it inconvenienced them when we had to have our key card fixed cause it wouldn't let us in. Yeah, we will be trying a different hotel from now on.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
BruceGM0997, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidents that you experienced during your stay with us. We don't have any records of your stay. I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel policies.
I would invite you to contact me personally at 941 979 4200.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

The rooms are super clean. The beds were okay but not great. Good enough for only 2 nights. The A/C was great!! Most places put a governor not allowing the A/C to go under 70, not this one. I wish I had this one in my house!! The employees were very nice & friendly. Will stay again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
BruceGM0997, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Thannk you for your review. we hope to see you again the next time you are int he area.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

We booked at La Quinta because it was ranked number one on TripAdvisor of the ten total hotels in Port Charlotte. We chose a king suite because the price was so reasonable.

Upon arrival at about 3:00 pm, we waited a bit in line to check in. The front desk clerk was warm and welcoming. The hotel interior smelled new and fresh. We appreciated the 100% non-smoking policy here. They are pet-friendly.

Our suite was at the end of the hall on the second floor. The elevator was slow, but not excessively. Key cards worked immediately - always a relief. We were delighted upon opening the door to our room - approx 500 sq ft of living area, including a very large bedroom, bathroom with doors connecting to two different areas of the suite, a comfortable living room, and a mini-kitchen. The room had two separate temperature controls for the bedroom and living areas.

Everything was spotless clean, and the room was well furnished with a king bed, two large dressers, two night stands, two flat screen TVs, sofa, easy chairs, coffee table, end tables, desk, microwave and mini-refridge.

Amenities included plenty of lamps and electrical outlets, hair dryer, iron and board, full length mirror, coffee maker, black-out curtains in the bedroom, alarm clock, and "clean" remotes, which I really like.

The bathroom had a full size tub, plenty of counter space for personal care items, and an adequate supply of thick towels. Toiletries included shampoo, bar soap and body lotion.

We had a nice view of the outdoor pool from the bedroom window and a lovely view of the wooded area from the living room. We liked the 12:00 check out time because we don't do mornings. Complimentary hot breakfast was served till 10:00 a.m (9:00 on weekdays), but I can't comment because I slept in. Really good coffee is available 24/7 in the lobby, and we helped ourselves several times.

The free wi-fi worked well, and I did utilize the guest business services room, printing a dozen copies after accessing email on the computer. The desk clerk was most helpful, providing instructions and assisting me when I was stuck.

The hotel has a large selection of snacks and drinks for sale, accessible 24/7 via its Bright Side Market. There's also a very small fitness room with three machines and a weight bench.

We encountered only one issue during our stay, in that none of the bathroom's electrical outlets worked. I thought my curling iron died and was about to have a panic attack because I had limited time to get ready for an evening soiree. Hubby suggested I try an outlet in the little kitchen area instead. It worked.

My one suggestion for improvement would be to have the windows cleaned. All in all, this was a lovely stay. La Quinta will be my first choice in accommodations the next time we visit Port Charlotte.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
BruceGM0997, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

We are so happy you had a great stay! We will take care of the issue in the bathroom. Our aopolgies for that. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area.