“Great Buffet”
Review of Curry & Kabab

Curry & Kabab
Ranked #28 of 221 Restaurants in Port Charlotte
Reviewed 3 May 2018

After passing this restaurant many times and seeing the "Lunch Buffet" sign, we finally got to try it. We were promptly greeted by the friendly staff and allowed to select our seating arrangements. The restaurant decor was remarkable and the establishment was very clean. Since we came for the buffet, that's what we chose. The food was very tastefully presented and the aromas most pleasing. We tasted most of the items and sauces. None of the foods were disappointing. I even liked the rice pudding available for dessert. We look forward to future visits to Curry and Kabab.

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

We were invited by my brother and his
wife to this place. The decoration is very
attractive but we found it too much for
quality of the food served.
There was no dish that called our atten
tion and the service was horrible.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

This place looks quite plain from the outside. Don’t let that fool you. The food is fabulous! Service excellent. Employees/owner friendly and helpful. Very pleased to see you enjoy the fruits of their labor.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

It was a long wait for our food. One diner said his lamb dish had tough meat. I had chicken fried rice. It tasted like it was several days old and very dry. Chicken pieces were very tiny and hard and dry. One diner thought his dish was fine.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I was passing by about a week ago and made a hard right off Rt.#41 - wanted to step in and out to grab a menu and bring it home to check out the descriptions of the meals. Place was closed-- it was about 2:30pm. Noticed they close for awhile after lunch and reopen at 5:00pm.Told wife and we decided to just go blindly on Saturday-Yesterday Mar.03. We arrived about 6:20 pm -were greeted by the host --a very pleasant young man - he guided us to a booth. My wife and I noticed the place was redecorated tastefully from when it was the Mexican restaurant and Morales the Cuban restaurant. We advised the host we had never been to his restaurant and needed sometime to check out the menu . We were told "No problem --and were asked if we would like something to drink?. They serve wine --Pinot - Merlot and Chardonnay also beer ( I 'm off beer for a while) my wife ordered a glass of Pinot (properly chilled and A FULL GLASS -that's right-- FULL-- not the trendy 1/3rd glass at New York prices !) I ordered a glass of Merlot -it was at room temperature the way red wine is supposed to be served! AGAIN A FULL GLASS ! Both wines were very good -not to citrusy or dry on the Pinot and Merlot was very good and the price --$5.00 each . My wife ordered L4 -Lamb /Goat Shahi Korma --MOST EXCELLENT ! I ordered T5 Tandoori Mixed Grill - even better than my wife's - the Hariyali and the Malai are to die for,so were the other meats on the plate ! I can't eat much so I couldn't try more or any of the desserts-that's why were going back SOON ! I want the GULAB JAMUN with MANGO Ice Cream FIRST! Then KASHMIRI NAAN bread or the KEEMA NAAN ! The service in this restaurant is EXCELLENT -when we first arrived there was only one other couple dinning -by the time we left -almost an hour and a half later- there were only 2 tables empty ! If you are curious or a little daring -DON'T MISS THIS restaurant . REMEMBER ! CURRY COOKED HERE -BUT very Tastefully done -Not too heavy handed with the seasonings--just a touch of WOW ! There are HOT (spicey ) dishes if you are very daring ! I must mention -I had some questions about the different meats on my platter -the host asked us to give him a minute to seat another couple and stated "He would be right back--and he was ! He answered my questions , very pleasantly and thoroughly ! This restaurant--IS A MUST TRY ! YOU DESERVE A BREAK ...FROM THE SAME OLD SAME OLD !

1  Thank Thomas W