“Refreshing New and Unique Laotian Food Place in Pinellas Park”
Review of Sap Sap Lao Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sap Sap Lao Cafe
Ranked #77 of 157 Restaurants in Pinellas Park
Reviewed 3 April 2021

While Pinellas Park is home to a huge variety of Asian restaurants, this is the first Laotian one and it is fantastic. Just remember, Laotian is it's own cuisine so do not go expecting Chinese, Thai, Korean, Vietnamese, etc. Enjoy it for what it is. They are located in the former Bich Nga Restaurant space.

For starters, we shared an order of Fresh Spring Rolls and the Grilled Calamari. Rolls were very fresh tasting and decent size for the price. Two in an order. I don't care for peanut sauce but my husband used it on his and said it was the best tasting peanut sauce he has ever had. The calamari is a whole tentacle grilled and then sliced into rings. We loved it. Not sure if the sauce that comes with it is served over it or always on the side. Thankfully we had ordered it on the side not knowing what to expect. Suggest that you do too. I did not care for it but my husband did.

For entrees I had the LAAP Beef which was extremely flavorful with the taste of a great combination of fresh herbs. Just so you know what to expect, because I did not know, the sirloin beef is not slices of meat. It is chopped or minced and mixed into the dish. That is not saying anything bad as it was great! My husband loved his Basil Stir Fry with Tofu. It's nice they offer a choice of white rice or sticky rice. If you have never tried sticky rice, do it!

Overall the food was great and tasted fresh and full of wonderful flavors. Prices are reasonable for what you get. They packaged the food extremely well for take out.

Try it, you'll like it! But....don't set your taste buds for Chicken Feet or you will be disappointed like my husband. Even though still listed on the menu, they no longer serve them.

Date of visit: April 2021
2  Thank William W
Write a reviewReviews (2)