Open today: 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Review Highlights
Deep sea fishing

We booked a 10 hour trip during red snapper season. This was our sixth year booking with Captain... read more

Reviewed 7 January 2019
derrickb2019
McDonough, Georgia
via mobile
Best deep sea fishing ever!

This was our second time fishing with Chris and Matt on the Lady S. Once again, we caught plenty of... read more

Reviewed 8 July 2018
beckyw62180
Abbeville, Alabama
via mobile

All reviews deep sea fishing these guys red snapper hour trip mate captain outfit blast
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Rented Lady S to take my two boys deep sea fishing while vacationing at PCB. Chose this company based on great trip advisor reviews it had. It was very dissapointing.
The good:
1. Reservation process was very easy and staff was very friendly.
2. When we arrived to the pier at 7:00 am, staff was there and boat was ready to go.
3. Lady S is very clean and beatiful boat with adequate room and facilities.
4. It was an absolutely beatiful day for going out to fish. Weather was sunny and warm, waters very calm.
5. The boat staff was very friendly but unfortunately we did not experience great customer service that so many people have written about in their reviews.

The Bad:
1. We did a 5 hour boat ride and less than 1 hour of fishing.
Every time we stopped wehad to wait for the captain to sound a horn before we could fish. However, there were times he would sound another before boys even had a chance to cast their fishing rods into the water and we went for another ride.
Even in places where fish were biting, he would still interrupt fishing and move to a spot that was far away and certainly no better than previous place.
2.If there is still fish in the ocean, we did not see or catch it. The only two decent sized fish we cought we could not keep: one was out of season and the other was 2 inches too short of the required size.
We cought very few fish and they were so tiny we could have done better fishing off the pier. Nothing like the photos they show on their website.
3. The captain was in way too much hurry to return to shoar and almost brought us back 1 hour early. He finally realized he had made a mistake and that we had departed at 7 am not 6 am.
4. For us it was a big deal that we did not get to fish on our chartered fishing boat while vacationing. But the staff just made a very matter of fact commeny about " it's slow fishing". I would really call it "NO fishing" given over $800 price tag not including tip or fee for cleaning your fish. There were two guys at the pier who had fished for 4 hours and caught over 160 lbs of fish (the three of us had about 20 lbs).
5. The staff smoked on the boat with two kids on board. The stinch did not help their asthma or my sea sickness. He did stop after I said something.

Overall, it was very dissapointing and expensive boat ride. I think we could have done way better with another company. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Shop around for a better customer service, experience, and probably price.

Date of experience: March 2014
21  Thank Hightowertrail
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Sometimes it is good to hear from another Captain that fishes day in and day out and has watched other captains. I have watched Captain Mike since he was a young man decking on some of the best charter boats in Florida. He has learned well from this experience and carries that experience over to his charters. I am a local native and charter boat owner myself and I know the time and dedication it takes to take care of your customers and Mike goes above and beyond to do so. If you are looking for a great charter I highly recommend Captain Mike Sullivan.
Captain John Black "Captain Black's Hooked Up Charters"

Date of experience: February 2014
5  Thank CaptJohnBlack
Reviewed 25 September 2013

What an awesome experience we had with Captain Mike's crew. We actually ended up on Captain Hank's boat because Capt, Mike's had a problem, but boy am I spoiled now. No more 50+ people fishin trips for me and my family. The cost is almost the same and you get personalized service and tons more fishing time. We left at 6am and we were fishing by 7am and did not stop until noon. The chairs and fighting belts were great, but I never knew how much hard work it was to actually fish. I mean really fish. Everytime I dropped a line, we came up with at least one, sometimes two or three fish. It was what they called a "hat trick". I caught so many fish, I didn't have time to even drink a beer. had to wait and do that when we got back to dock while they were cleaning all our catch. I caught over 20 pounds of fish myself. Captain Hank and Captain Mike are the best!!!

Date of experience: September 2013
5  Thank Melinda P
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We have been numerous times deep sea fishing but this was the best!! Cpt Mike's boat was first class....Air conditioned, TV, Microwave and the cleanest bathrooms ever! A huge plus was the 4 fishing chairs....few boats have anchored chairs so this was a plus-who wants to try to stand the whole time slipping on water and waves when you can sit comfortably? Cpt Mike knew all the spots to fish too....if we got to a spot and fish were not biting-he didn't waste any time moving on to another spot-have had many trips where the boat captain would stay at a place for a long time when the fish weren't biting-maybe the other cpt's were trying to save gas? The 5 of us caught way over 100 fish(lost count) on a 6 hour trip!!! The mate Darren never stopped-we had fresh bait and we never had to wait for him to bait our hooks-he was on top of it before we reeled in our lines! Darren also got your fish off the hook in seconds so you never had to wait to get your next baited hooks in!! Cpt Mike is pretty handy if you get a hook caught in your skin too!! Cpt Mike also gave us his home phone number in case we had any questions during our trip about restaurants, attractions or anything! How is that for hospitality!!! The local marina will clean the fish for 50 cents a pound and pack for shipping.

Date of experience: August 2013
4  Thank GypsyPearl
Reviewed 1 August 2013

On July 23, 2013, we had a group of nine on the trip and had a wonderful time on Captain Mike's boat! His boat is very clean and comfortable. Alan, his first mate, was a fishing ninja! He was incredible to watch in action! We caught a lot of fish but had to throw some back since they were not in season. Both Mike and Alan were very polite, friendly and very experienced. We will definitely use them again. Thanks Mike and Alan for making our first deep sea fishing experience awesome and unforgettable!

Date of experience: July 2013