Review Highlights

Danielle M
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
via mobile
Exceptional 5 star

The best hotel in the world I have visited , Staff are extremely friendly and helpful Breakfast I... read more

Reviewed 16 January 2019
cathrionar2016
Tralee, Ireland
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Orlando
from US$171.99
from US$56.69
from US$64.99
from US$59.99
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 December 2019 via mobile

Went to the spa while on a family vacation. I had high expectations for the spa given it was at the Waldorf and had prices to match the name. I’m a frequent spa patron, so I have several spas to compare this with. This is probably on the bottom of my list.

When I arrived I was greeted quickly and service all around was good. The issue that gives the three star rating isn’t with customer service but condition of the spa, amenities and cleanliness. Other than the salt room, which was amazing, the other areas of the spa looked old. My robe was a brown thin one and didn’t keep me warm. I’m used to soft and cozy robes.

There was chipped paint and ripping wall paper, mold in a few places and fixtures that were broke. The jetted shower did not work right and there was no hook or table nearby to put my things. It also had so much mold growing around the nozzle and holes in the main shower head; the shampoo and conditioner fell off the high ledge every time I tried to use them. The wet area was so small, filled with people and chairs completely uncomfortable without any cushions. There was no soothing music and felt awkward. The pedicure chairs do not have heat or massage and limited nail colors. The woman who did my pedicure was lovely and kind but barely provided the massage that was listed in the description of the $120 pedicure.

I didn’t like the layout of the spa and how you had to walk through a maze of rooms - I felt like I kept going back and forth for what I needed. The waiting room was fine but not as opulent or relaxing as what I am used too at other spas. Furniture is dirty and looking worn, snacks were stale and limited and every time I went back in the room they kept moving the ottomans I moved near the couch to put my feet up. I had to move it 3 times back and forth.

Overall, I would not spend the money to go to the Waldorf Astoria Spa again until they remodel it and change a few things. The salt room was the highlight and really did help my asthma. It was relaxing and in great condition. The only issue is that random men kept looking into my room on their way to the co-ed lounge. It made it so I had to keep my robe on in a more conservative way than I would I have liked.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed 6 November 2019 via mobile

Great hotel and amenities in a wonderful location. We keep coming back yearly since our first visit to this gem in 2012

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed 16 January 2019 via mobile

The best hotel in the world I have visited ,
Staff are extremely friendly and helpful
Breakfast I would 100% recommend to include this with your stay it amazing and variety of food is over the top everything was so delicious
Waiters & chefs are just so friendly and prompt
The hotel is exceptionally clean and so beautifully decorated our room so spacious and was spotlessly cleaned every day from porter to managers it’s 5 star all the way
Really child friendly
Shuttle bus to parks were perfect and on the buttton. Not a minute late
Posters at front entrance so friendly and inviting
If it 5 star you want well this is you place
Waldorf Astoria

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Easy process of booking a massage online prior to arriving at hotel. Check in was smooth and staff was courteous and very professional. Facility meets basics but doesn't offer that wow factor of some top spas. It seems a bit small but very clean and zen.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

A wonderful experience with a couples massage. Stayed in the relaxation room and enjoyed some quiet time. Loved the rain shower.

Date of experience: August 2018