2 people have started booking this hotel
Expedia.comUS$179
Hotels.comUS$179
Agoda.comUS$179
4,084 results
All reviews sea world tradewinds restaurant resort fee pool area directly across the street per day self parking international drive hotel is beautiful business conference rooms are large water slides concierge desk nice pool gift shop love this hotel game room
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 March 2021

The Renaissance is a really huge hotel that feels pretty much empty. Maybe 20% full, max. Some days there weren't more than 4 or 5 guests at the entire pool. If I'm being honest, it was very depressing to be staying in a huge hotel that was so empty.

I experienced a couple of issues, including one significant issue, that were eventually resolved after being escalated. It took more than a day because there wasn't management or anyone empowered to make executive/managerial decisions on-location when the issues first arose. After the issues were resolved I was treated like a VIP by staff. Meanwhile, my boss staying in a different room (he has the same ambassador elite status with Marriott) was treated like a nobody and totally ignored. I don't know why an empty hotel wouldn't go out of its way from the beginning and show all of its elite status guests some appreciation and extra recognition.

The food (both at breakfast in the breakfast restaurant on weekends and at dinner in the lobby bar/restaurant) was actually pretty good for hotel food. Prices were also reasonable. Yolanda and Thomas in the restaurants and Tiffany in the pool bar provided great service.

Owners or managers are clearly cutting costs to stay afloat. Some of that is expected but blaming Covid for everything a year after Covid started is also an excuse for cutting costs without reducing rates. If you can't provide service at the expected standard then close the hotel. They have cut costs by closing the spa, greatly reducing the hours of the gift shop and convenience store, reducing the hours of the Starbucks coffee shop, closing the breakfast restaurant except on weekends, reducing the hours of the pool bar (closes at 4pm on week days), and even limiting the hours of the gym. At the same time, the resort fee is not reduced. I knew about the resort fee ahead of time but this fee should really be reduced or even waived on weekdays.

For the most part things were clean (outside of an issue I had in my room) though pool chairs and and tables were not cleaned or sanitized between guests or even overnight. I know because the same stains from spilled drinks and food were in the same place on the same pool furniture day in and day out.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank dmoncefs
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2021

Dear dmoncefs,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We are sorry for the issues you encountered during your visit, but we are glad that it was resolved to your satisfaction. We also regret your disappointment with some of our amenities not being available during your stay due to the current circumstances. Everything we do is in our guests' and associates' best interest, and we are very grateful for your patience. Please know, we look forward to providing our full services again once it is safe for our guests. Furthermore, our guests' well-being has been and continues to be an integral part of our safety policies and procedures, particularly during these challenging times. We appreciate your valuable feedback; you have our assurance that we will look into your concerns and take any necessary action. It was our pleasure serving you, and we hope you will stay with us again when your travels bring you this way.

Reviewed 1 March 2021 via mobile

After staying here many times I swore I wouldn’t again after last time management thought it was okay to have a group have gun raffles in the lobby. But I needed a place to stay for a weekend and the large room and pool fit the bill. Hotel was busy over Presidents’ Day weekend but still got a late checkout as a titanium member. Only issues were at times slow valet and the pool area was loud with a DJ or music. I know that’s a vibe for some but I prefer a quieter atmosphere. Internet here is super fast.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank charli3601
Reviewed 27 February 2021

Worst visit to any Marriott property EVER. As an Ambassador member my family had to endore POT SMOKING in the rooms and at the Bar location. When we ask for the manager on duty Gabriel Rooziohk to handle the situation it was not dealt with at all. Never EVER stay at this hotel, they do not handle confotation at all even for an Ambassador member. If I could rate this ZERO I would. BEWARE!!!!

Date of stay: February 2021
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2021

Dear K7649ZVchristopherg,

We appreciate your loyalty to our brands and thank you for being our guest. Please accept our apologies for the issues you described and that we did not handle your concerns promptly. Our team strives to provide impeccable service and timely responses to our guests' needs; therefore, we sincerely regret not meeting these expectations. We hope you will give us a chance to show you the hospitality for which we are known on your next trip to our area.

Reviewed 26 February 2021

The Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld despite carrying Marriott's Renaissance brand does not look and feel like a Renaissance.

Instead, it's a giant convention hotel better suited for the Marriott, Delta or Gaylord brands. Outside of some superficial furniture in the huge lobby atrium, there is nothing boutique or design-focused about the property to make it upscale like other Renaissance properties. This is just a boring convention hotel. Chances are you'll forget ever staying here.

Calling it a resort is dishonest. The resort fee is a scam because most of the restaurants and bars are closed or operating under very limited hours, there is no room service, the gift shop isn't open during the week, there was no bellman or doorman to assist with luggage. No newspapers or even local information given. The gym is NOT 24 hours. They don't even provide you with a free bottle of water.

The only resort-like amenity is the outdoor pool, which admittedly is huge. But there is no towel or poolside service. Part of the kids pool area is closed for renovations/maintenance. There is a pool bar, but the food consists of things like cold salads and a wine list that features white zinfandel as one of the selections. I can get better wine at Walgreens.

But the hotel and pool was poorly designed because to get to the pool guests have to parade themselves through the lobby atrium in their (wet) swimming attire. I can only imagine the scene when the hotel is busy with a convention or other big event. You would think there would be a separate elevator for the pool.

Speaking of the lobby atrium, many (maybe half?) the rooms face inwards toward the atrium and have doors that open to the atrium. This may not be a big deal when the hotel is empty but during a meeting or convention I imagine the atrium noise is substantial. I would avoid these rooms. The rest of the rooms have views that range from a glimpse of SeaWorld to views that overlook parking lots, neighboring suburban developments and the hotel trash/loading bay. Hardly resort views.

Rooms are classic and feel like a Marriott and Sheraton from about 2010. The room decor does not feel like a resort in Florida, let alone a resort at SeaWorld. There is nothing in the decor to reflect this -- even the colors, despite some photos online showing tropical blue accents. The decor was mostly dark colors, like brown and back.

The TV was not the 55 inch TV that most Marriott brands have these days. There were no USB outlets by my bed or at the desk. The only accessible electrical outlets at the desk were two outlets embedded in the lamp, which are difficult to use with some power adapters.

Furniture was scratched, chipped and damaged.

The bathroom shower-tub looked original to whenever the hotel was built. The tub was chipped and the fixtures had rust or discoloration.

I could not imagine how disappointed my family would be if we went here for vacation, expecting a resort. Additionally, this property is just not reflective of where Renaissance is positioned by Marriott as a brand these days.

Also, the complete lack of amenities and services during the week makes it a poor value, especially with the resort fee.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank travelbefore20wasfun
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2021

Dear travelbefore20wasfun,

Thank you for being our guest. We appreciate your nice rating and hope overall you had a good time with us. We also welcome feedback regarding what you wish was different about your stay. Kindly know, our resort fees are listed on our website and are compatible with other equivalent resorts in the area. Our fee covers a variety of amenities that we hope you were able to take advantage of. We regret if this value did not meet your expectations.
We are always seeking to improve our guest experience; therefore, we are grateful for every comment. It would be an honor to host you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 19 February 2021 via mobile

We had a great rate for this hotel which made it an ultimate win. I had an upgraded suite which was stunning (though I’m not sure the “Sea World view” is anything to hype—it’s the parking lot) the bed was comfortable, the gym had 4 Pelotons, the hotel eating choices were extensive and the staff were all wonderful. Parking is easy to get to from the hotel and location was good for my client site. Ask for a room away from the elevators—that was definitely the bummer of the week but otherwise, fully enjoyed the stay.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2021

Dear marypK8536MS,

We are glad you had a comfortable stay at Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld and that you particularly enjoyed your suite. We are also happy to read you loved our ideal location as well as our devoted associates and well-equipped fitness center. Thank you for your kind review, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.