Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,993 results
All reviews rent a golf cart magic kingdom trails end the bus tent sites rv park nice campground dinner show disney world other resorts disney experience love disney cast members bus service disney springs cabin loop
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 October 2021 via mobile

We had a marvelous 5 night stay. It was fun to ride our bikes around the campsites and see all the Halloween decorations. We were very glad we had our bikes. We rode our bikes to the ferry boat landing and were at the Magic Kingdom in no time. We got a treat at the food trucks when we came back after a long day at the park

Room tip: Bring bike or golf cart.
Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2021

before you go DO YOUR RESEARCH! Be nice with the staff they are actual people remember! Do not be afraid to ask questions, and listen to their answers, the FTW staff clearly takes pride in the facility and they can really make your trip so much more fun.

It takes several visits to really get the hang and understand all the amenities/charms/services of the campground. Talk to someone that has been there many times for pointers. The "premium" and "preferred" sites are more about location within the campground. If you want big spots you need to get on 1600-1900 loops the "cloverleaf", 2100 has big spaces too. 2100 has many spaces that are close to the main road. I like being near the road it lets me get the dogs out for a walk, without passing many other campsites. Frankly the the road noise does not really bother me. 2000 & 1500 loop are tent/pop up loops, water power no sewer (no dump station in the camp ground), we have had our pop up and our 31' TT on these spots in the past, and used the bathhouse for major transactions (S/S).

The outside of the loops have better bigger spots and more room between them than the inside. (when you check in ask to see "the book" it is a basic map of the campground and you can see where every site is) If you have a bad time at fort wilderness, I am not sure what your expectations are. It is a very nice place but you are in Disney World and you have to keep that in mind. If you are expecting a wilderness camping experience this place is not for you. They do a tremendous job is providing a low stress outdoorsy vibe.

There is no wilderness camping experience close by. Nearest state park is Lake Louisa, not a lot of sites or shade and I assume in the summer the bugs are ferocious. I saw someone complained about the bugs in FTW it is Florida it is a swamp. DW does and excellent job on mosquito control. Yes, you will get bit, set up a fan or two and it will be much more tolerable. There are times the weather makes the mosquitoes almost uncontrollable, it is swampy central florida.

There are deer and turkeys in the campground. The squirrels will get into your food if you leave it out. Back in the day there used to be aradillos and racoons in the campground but I cannot remember the last time I saw either.

For us it is a no brainer two dogs to board would cost $100+ a night, and eating out is more than the spot.

There is a bus service within the campground, with 2 sometimes 3 routes to get you around. At the south end where you check in there a buses to everywhere movie studio, epcot etc. At the northern end is a boat to the magic kingdom and launches to the contemporary to get the monorails and wilderness lodge.

We get there set up camp and usually the truck does not move the whole time we are there.

There are a couple of loops for really big rigs.

Yes there are a few sites that are not very desirable.

Yes waiting for the bus is no fun.

Yes it is expensive (I paid more for a MEH spot in a KOA in St Petersburg)

Yes the swimming pool gets crowded, but you can go to any pool, pool jump.

But other than Golden Oak I would say this is the least stressful resort

I have camped all over florida, yellow stone, zion, yosemite, many places in arizona, georgia, idaho on and on. Fort Wilderness is what it is, to me it is a wonderful place. I have been 20 or so times had a crappy spot once. Even that was not such a big deal still better than being in a hotel room.

If your loop backs up the the creekside meadow group camping area, know when groups are there you will here children running playing and screaming. The second night they usually all crash pretty early.

The comfort stations are generally the best I've ever encountered, if something is wrong call house keeping and they get on it right away. There is laundry available the machines are small and expensiveish. We travel with laundry pellets.

I have camped in all seasons in campers and tents there. It is very hot and rainy in the summer, it can be very pleasant to downright cold in the winter. Have woken up with ice on the tent. Fall and Spring are hit or miss with weather, generally more hit has been my experience. Usually we cook outside but a morning or two with large groups between the cold 30's and trying to manage people it was easier to go to trails end. Going there on the spur of the moment is tough these days.

Fishing, canoeing, bicycles, horseback riding, hayrides, kiddy movies, smores and a bunch of others things are available there.

I assume like a lot of places rude, demanding, unlikeable guests get different treatment/resolution than a guest that is reasonable and understanding. People do not understand the extremely complicated organization that exists at WDW, It blows me away how much the get right dealing with Millions of people a year. To put it into perspective when the parks are full there are 400,000 people present. Plus the water parks and disney springs. how many reading this are from a town with more population? the city of St Louis proper has about 300k people.City of Miami has about 420k. I believe their bus fleet in the 9th largest in the US.

let that sink in

Date of stay: March 2021
3  Thank mikeaT3201BL
Reviewed 6 July 2021 via mobile

Not worth the Florida rate much less than the full price. Could only park our trailer. Couldn't use the grill or picnic table as our campsite was flooded. Useless to use. Totally had our reservation mixed up with other family members. Will not be coming back and cut our stay from 4 days to only one night.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Janet S
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2021

Thank you so much for sharing your concerns, Janet. I absolutely understand your experience has not been what you've expected, and we never want our Guests to leave disappointed. If you're still at our campgrounds, I'd encourage you to speak with our Front Desk Cast Members at the Resort. Our Cast will do everything in their power to ensure your visit is memorable. I appreciate the time you took to share your feedback and we hope to share more memorable visits in the future.

Zoey

Reviewed 30 June 2021

We really missed Fort Wilderness and it is good to be back! As usual, Disney does it right. From guest services to transportation, to the entire experience, Disney gets customer service and does know how to create a "Magical Experience." On this trip, we had an A/C problem with our motor coach when it was 90 degrees. I asked guest services if I could pay for a one-night stay at the Cabins, next door, but they went well above and beyond (not having any cabins available) and put my family up at Saratoga Springs for a night. This is a DVC club resort and it is most certainly 5 star. They did this without charge and did so many little things to ease our pain that it was amazing. They offered two nights, but we were able to get the A/C working again and didn't need to take them up on it. The Campsites is a great place to stay, is clean, and has everything you need, including transportation to the parks. The staff does a great job dealing with stressed visitors coming back from the parks after a hot day with their kids. I'm amazed at their level of patience and kindness.

Date of stay: June 2021
4  Thank Scott B
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2021

Oh my goodness, what an unexpected and absolutely wonderful surprise! I'm sorry to hear that the A/C was having some problems in your motor coach, but I'm overjoyed that our Cast Members truly went above and beyond to arrange alternate accommodations and ensure you were comfortable. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your villa at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, but also had the opportunity to return to our campgrounds and enjoy the beautiful grounds. I appreciate you taking the time to share this spectacular review, and I hope we'll be seeing you back again soon!

Quinn

Reviewed 18 May 2021

Fort wilderness is a beautiful campground, don’t get me wrong. But we had a TERRIBLE experience. I booked a site with a request for the 100-500 loop only to get a confirmation day of that I was in the 1600 loop, which is the OPPOSITE end of the park. When I called they very kindly switched my site, HOWEVER... after specifically telling the cast member the length of our travel trailer and truck we were put in a site that we couldn’t even fit it... we had to sit in the middle of the road basically while waiting for room control to call us back about getting a different site. We got a different site but it was barely adequate for the size of our camper. And let me preface all of this with the fact that the campground WAS NOT full by any means. Once we began walking around the campground we noticed the 400-500 loops have MUCH larger pads that are ALL concrete versus ours with was half concrete/half gravel... and we had to pay more!!!!

TRANSPORTATION IS AWFUL. On our last night We waited for an EPCOT bus for over an hour (and still never saw one) until we gave up and went back to our camper. In this hour I asked multiple bus drivers where the EPCOT bus was. I also called the hotline several times and was assured the bus was on the way. At 9:15 PM I finally went to Fort Wilderness front desk and they offered to get us a taxi but by the time we would have gotten to EPCOT (17 min drive) we would have basically had to turned right back around because they closed at 10 pm. Disney is WAY to expensive to have that poor of service. Tickets are expensive and we didn’t even get to enjoy the park our last night because of the bus. If I had known a taxi was an option I would have done that WAY earlier.

Also waited 30+ minutes for a Disney springs bus at the campground and 45 minutes at Disney springs for a fort wilderness bus on the way back. Waited at animal kingdom 30+ minutes for the fort wilderness bus. The campground is absolutely beautiful but the transportation is ridiculous. As much as people pay for resorts/campgrounds and park tickets, the poor transportation service is unacceptable. Buses definitely DO NOT run every 20-25 minutes at fort wilderness. You’re looking at 20-45. And just hope you’re not going to EPCOT because you’ll probably never get that bus. Do better Disney.

My advice: take the boat to magic kingdom and grab a bus from there. Or call an Uber.

Really bummed to write this review because this was our first experience actually camping at Disney and we had high expectations.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Brettellen_54
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2021

I appreciate you taking some time to share your experiences while staying at The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. We certainly do everything we can to get you into a great spot during your stay, and although there were some hiccups with an ideal RV site, I’m happy to see our Cast were able to correct the concern. I’m sorry we didn’t deliver on the high expectations we have set for our transportation offerings. No matter how you plan to get around the campgrounds, whether by bus, golf cart, or simply walking, it should not take away from your stay.

I sincerely apologize for all the frustrations caused throughout your visit. I truly hope we’ll get the opportunity to welcome your family back home for a much better camping experience in the future.

Zoey