Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,988 results
All reviews rent a golf cart magic kingdom trails end the bus tent sites rv park dinner show disney world boat rentals disney experience love disney cast members bus service disney springs cabin loop movie
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 June 2021

We really missed Fort Wilderness and it is good to be back! As usual, Disney does it right. From guest services to transportation, to the entire experience, Disney gets customer service and does know how to create a "Magical Experience." On this trip, we had an A/C problem with our motor coach when it was 90 degrees. I asked guest services if I could pay for a one-night stay at the Cabins, next door, but they went well above and beyond (not having any cabins available) and put my family up at Saratoga Springs for a night. This is a DVC club resort and it is most certainly 5 star. They did this without charge and did so many little things to ease our pain that it was amazing. They offered two nights, but we were able to get the A/C working again and didn't need to take them up on it. The Campsites is a great place to stay, is clean, and has everything you need, including transportation to the parks. The staff does a great job dealing with stressed visitors coming back from the parks after a hot day with their kids. I'm amazed at their level of patience and kindness.

Date of stay: June 2021
4  Thank Scott B
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2021

Oh my goodness, what an unexpected and absolutely wonderful surprise! I'm sorry to hear that the A/C was having some problems in your motor coach, but I'm overjoyed that our Cast Members truly went above and beyond to arrange alternate accommodations and ensure you were comfortable. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your villa at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, but also had the opportunity to return to our campgrounds and enjoy the beautiful grounds. I appreciate you taking the time to share this spectacular review, and I hope we'll be seeing you back again soon!

Quinn

Reviewed 18 May 2021

Fort wilderness is a beautiful campground, don’t get me wrong. But we had a TERRIBLE experience. I booked a site with a request for the 100-500 loop only to get a confirmation day of that I was in the 1600 loop, which is the OPPOSITE end of the park. When I called they very kindly switched my site, HOWEVER... after specifically telling the cast member the length of our travel trailer and truck we were put in a site that we couldn’t even fit it... we had to sit in the middle of the road basically while waiting for room control to call us back about getting a different site. We got a different site but it was barely adequate for the size of our camper. And let me preface all of this with the fact that the campground WAS NOT full by any means. Once we began walking around the campground we noticed the 400-500 loops have MUCH larger pads that are ALL concrete versus ours with was half concrete/half gravel... and we had to pay more!!!!

TRANSPORTATION IS AWFUL. On our last night We waited for an EPCOT bus for over an hour (and still never saw one) until we gave up and went back to our camper. In this hour I asked multiple bus drivers where the EPCOT bus was. I also called the hotline several times and was assured the bus was on the way. At 9:15 PM I finally went to Fort Wilderness front desk and they offered to get us a taxi but by the time we would have gotten to EPCOT (17 min drive) we would have basically had to turned right back around because they closed at 10 pm. Disney is WAY to expensive to have that poor of service. Tickets are expensive and we didn’t even get to enjoy the park our last night because of the bus. If I had known a taxi was an option I would have done that WAY earlier.

Also waited 30+ minutes for a Disney springs bus at the campground and 45 minutes at Disney springs for a fort wilderness bus on the way back. Waited at animal kingdom 30+ minutes for the fort wilderness bus. The campground is absolutely beautiful but the transportation is ridiculous. As much as people pay for resorts/campgrounds and park tickets, the poor transportation service is unacceptable. Buses definitely DO NOT run every 20-25 minutes at fort wilderness. You’re looking at 20-45. And just hope you’re not going to EPCOT because you’ll probably never get that bus. Do better Disney.

My advice: take the boat to magic kingdom and grab a bus from there. Or call an Uber.

Really bummed to write this review because this was our first experience actually camping at Disney and we had high expectations.

Date of stay: May 2021
3  Thank Brettellen_54
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2021

I appreciate you taking some time to share your experiences while staying at The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. We certainly do everything we can to get you into a great spot during your stay, and although there were some hiccups with an ideal RV site, I’m happy to see our Cast were able to correct the concern. I’m sorry we didn’t deliver on the high expectations we have set for our transportation offerings. No matter how you plan to get around the campgrounds, whether by bus, golf cart, or simply walking, it should not take away from your stay.

I sincerely apologize for all the frustrations caused throughout your visit. I truly hope we’ll get the opportunity to welcome your family back home for a much better camping experience in the future.

Zoey

Reviewed 5 May 2021 via mobile

Campsite way to small and there is a big dip where you need to get out of rv, I pray we don't break ankle, they don't spray for bugs help! Front desk not friendly , yes bring ur golf cart way big here, no neck masks allowed in parks,

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2021

Campground is clean and picturesque. Check in was fairly easy. Site was not as spacious as we were expecting. Really need to be prepared to rent a golf cart to get around the massive campsite as parking is very limited at the restaurant area or shop, all for golf carts. Considering the cost of the site the cart added another $500 for the week. No fire ring so no camp fire. Not allowed.

Date of stay: April 2021
2  Thank dundeeb0y
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2021

Our beautiful campgrounds are absolutely breathtaking, and I appreciate you coming to stay with us. The golf cart rentals definitely do make it easier to get around, as the property is rather spread out. However, we do have an internal bus to transport Guests around, and it's also a lovely area to walk through if you're looking to get in some extra steps.

I do appreciate you taking a moment to share your review, and I hope we'll be seeing you back at the Walt Disney World Resort!

Quinn

Reviewed 11 April 2021

Maybe it’s better pre or post pandemic. We came for a weekend just to hang out at the camp and pool. Arrived at pool “sorry the pool is broken”. Tried to rent a golf cart “sold out.” Also the main dining area and show are still closed. I was also rudely accosted once at the campground and once at Disney Springs for not having a mask or using a neck gaiter as a mask. Now I’m not a crazy anti mask person but we were outside nowhere near any one and were very aggressively lectured by a Disney employee about needing to have a mask. Holy s**t they literally hired extra employees to police masks but can’t staff their restaurants. The campsites themselves are nice but keeping it in perspective for the 200 a night they were not significantly better than what you get for 30 at a state park. This campground was overpriced and under delivered. Will not be back. Not feeling the Disney Magic.

Date of stay: April 2021