See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Very basic price and room. Tight of of interstate, close ( a few short exits) from downtown Orlando. clean and surprisingly quiet. Also a surprise was the number of travel or aids—iron and board. Economic bed for a night.

By the way, does it mean anything that many pay in cash?

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 February 2018

On Feb 17 2018 my husband my self and our son were evicted from Motel 6 in Winter Park Florida all because my husband asked the lady Dolores Princeton for some towels. Any time housekeeping comes by they never bring you back anything you ask for and you're left either with nothing or having to go to the front office to get what housekeeping was suppose to bring to you. She accused my husband of being rude to her every time he went to the office which is a line of crap. She ca!led the Sheriffs to have us removed and we were trespassed. Mind you were have been at motel 6 for almost 5 months now due to losing our home during Hurricane Irma and never had any problem until this lady decided she didn't want to do her job. Also she would always get rude and disrespectful my husband because he would ask her to rinse off the glass dish that was inside the microwave saying it's not their job to do dishes for the customers and that it would c!og their sink. Also she would never get up from her chair and address any patron that walked in unless absolutely 100% a necessity. Rude as all hell. She tried to say that we had problems with everyone at that motel, which is a flat out lie. We've never had a problem with anyone but her. She even went as far as to say to another girl named Ivory that works with her that " she can freaking stand him " as my husband walked out of the office after yet again housekeeping forgot to bring us our things. The microwave that they have in the laundry room for the guests to use is never c!eaned by housekeeping nor do they have any rags a sink or anything there to use to clean the microwave and she's the only one that says the microwave is a courtesy and they don't have to clean it when corporate says it's motel 6 property and yes they do have to clean it. So now she tells corporate what to do i guess. She told my husband that if he doesn't like what she has to say to go knock on her managers door and then when he does she comes out of the back door screaming " I know you're not knocking on my managers door" he said "yes i am you told me to" and she said no she didnt. The manager that lives on site is a freaking joke and while I am standing in the office trying to get my 6 day refund calls the front desk and says that he is still knocking on her door when I'm looking at my room on the surveillance camera where the one female cop is standing as my husband is emptying our room i pointed it out to her she looks at it and says nothing. I know for a fact that she's not happy with my husband because he saw her taking a bribe from a pimp that was trying to rent a room there for his short girl and didn't want to show any form of id. He hands her money and she smiles and gives him a room key. They knew our circumstance of being homeless until March 1, 2018 they still just threw us out onto the street because my husband asked for towels. Thank you also to the Orlando Sheriffs office for allowing such a blatant act to happen and he!ping it to happen. Because of Dorothy Princeton having no freaking clue to what customer service is the poor housekeeping at this motel and the very poor excuse for a manager that didn't even come out of her room to address the problem the correct way my husband a disabled Iraq war veteran injured in the line of duty i.e broken back plus severe ptsd myself a survivor of 2 heart attacks the last one happening March 3 2017 plus battling many other serious medical issues and a minor son we have been sleeping in our car in the parking lot of Wal-Mart for the past 2 night no place to shower or heat up food and no money to buy any food.
The only shining star at the Motel 6 is the on!y housekeeper that knows about customer service and does her job better than all the other housekeepers combined is a beautiful woman named F!ora. I will tell everyone I know family and friends about the treatment we received especially having spent approximately 8 to 10 thousand dollars at these Motel 6 establishments. What a disgrace for a motel to treat a veteran and his family this way.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie P
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Orlando-Winter Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Stephanie, Thank you for sharing your concerns. Please know the service issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment, and as such, we apologize. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience, we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

We originally booked for 1 night. Before attending the Pro Bowl we decided to stay another night. Both days of checking in, the front desk clerks were great, friendly, no complaints at all! The room was very basic but clean, which is the most important part. I failed to see if room had micro/fridge, this one didn't have it. The AC didn't work properly, but at least it was blowing air. I called front desk, she said it just needed time to cool down & that it should be set to 77. Informed her it was set on 85 & I couldn't adjust it. Not too big of a deal, since it's not summer. The only bad part was we were unable to get towels the 2nd night. It would have been nice to shower before sleeping, but it was OK, we got rained on some at the Pro Bowl, haha :-) Good thing we were able to get towels the next morning & shower before hitting the road. No breakfast at all, but saw there was coffee. Noticed quite a few people staying there were out of town workers. We did have a neighbor that was playing loud music & hanging out, nothing too rowdy but you know, a little loud for a motel. I feel asleep around 10-10:30, they still had music playing so i don't know what time they cut it off. If it had been too late we would have called. But we were all sleeping so we didn't say anything. Would I stay here again? 50/50. It's inexpensive which is great. It was clean, which is a deal breaker. I was worried about it being gross, but it wasn't at all. The no towels & AC issue was bearable bc the weather was forgiving, so I can overlook that. But if it was summer w/ no AC & no towels to shower after being hot & sweaty all day would have been a bad situation. Just a quick overnight stay is fine.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2017

While trying to find a place to stay during the Hurricane Irma evacuation, I found room availability at this Motel 6, which also allowed animals. I booked two rooms and asked what time we can check in that day. The operator advised me that check-in is normally at 3pm, but with the Hurricane arriving that day, she would make sure that it was ready within 3 hours - the approximate time of arrival.

After arriving with my entire family (and 3 cars) I was told by the gentleman at the front desk that our rooms will not be available until 3pm, even though I was told differently on the phone. When I asked where we can wait until 3pm (it was currently 11am) we were told 'our cars'.

Also, due to the long drive, several people in my group had to use the restroom and were told that they had no bathrooms for us to use. Keep in mind, a Hurricane was bearing down on Florida and the weather was awful so everything was closed so we had nowhere else to go to use the restroom. It was a horrific situation and the gentlemen at the front desk was very insensitive and made absolutely no attempt at trying to help us...even if just to use the restroom.

As I sat in my car crying, in the pouring rain and high winds, I was able to find an available room at the Hilton at Universal who went above and beyond to accommodate us and our pets and made a horrible experience much better.

I will never never recommend this motel to anyone. As I sit here typing this I'm getting upset just thinking about how coldly we were treated during a very stressful and fearful situation....the fact that we were told to sit in our car for 4 hours to wait....with a hurricane hours away from us and not even offering us the courtesy of using the restroom. Unbelievable is all that I can say.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Made reservations got there did not get room on ground floor as requested or no smoking room , no room service ! I will not recommend this hotel to anyone ! Cockroaches in the rooms ! Every room needs to come with a can of cockroach spray !

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Orlando-Winter Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

David, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We have procedures in place related to our pest policy that should have prevented the inconveniences you describe. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.