Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
MMA1963
Larose

Quick stay while attending a wedding.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 Apr 2021via mobile
A quick Orlando trip for a wedding of two Disney cast members. This is my second stay at AOA. My first was in The Little Mermaid room. This trip we were in a Finding Nemo Family Suite. Check in took a few minutes but actually getting into a room took hours after being told my room would be ready in 45 minutes. All cast members were nice but I have to say the baggage area cast members were awesome. So kind and friendly and very helpful. The suite was great. You have an actual room with a so call queen bed which was more like a full size bed, tv and bathroom with a huge walk in shower. Then there was a table/murphy bed and also a sofa bed. There are two extra chairs around the sofa area near the tv. The second bathroom was a shower/tub combo with a separate sink area. There was a small sink, dorm type refrigerator, coffee maker with coffee, tea and condiments. There was individually wrapped bowls, plates, cups and utensils. Also there was a roll of paper towels on the paper towel holder plus an extra roll in the cabinet. I have to say this is definitely the way to do Disney. A family suite is great especially with a second bathroom. The decor in the suite was terrific down to what looked like seaweed on the blue floor. The decor on the Finding Nemo buildings were so vibrant. The big blue pool was crystal clear. There’s a splash pad kind of area for little kids plus a playground. We were in the middle building which was very close to the sky liner. The sky liner was a great mode of transportation. You do have to get off the sky liner to catch another sky liner to get to your final destination. Everything was great except the food court. There wasn’t much of a food selection like what was offered before the coronavirus. The cast members did everything in their power to shove mobile ordering down our throats. When we told them we prefer to order in person they kept trying to make us use mobile ordering. They kept saying “you will have to wait the same amount of time for mobile orders or in person orders”. They made it sound like mobile ordering was the only way you could get food. All of our food came out room temperature actually almost cold. Other guest around us said the same thing about the food court meals. We actually walked to Pop Century one night to eat the pot roast from their food court. The gift shop has been reduced in size. All the coolers where bottle water, milk and other cold items were are no longer available. You can order milk (by the half gallon) in the food court. I only know this because we seen a guest picking up his half galling of milk where you pick up your food orders. By the way mask had to be worn at the resort and in the theme parks. Besides those few minor downsides I mentioned we still really enjoyed our stay at AOA.
Responded 21 Apr 2021
You certainly enjoyed so much of what this character-filled Resort hotel has to offer and I must thank you for sharing your insights with other Guests. I wholeheartedly agree that our Family Suites are a fantastic way to spread out a bit with that extra bathroom being a lifesaver for larger parties. Topping that with the enjoyment of our Disney Skyliner, a fantastic new addition to get to nearby Disney's Hollywood Studios and Epcot, and you surely had a pretty spectacular stay.

I am very sorry to see Landscape of Flavors didn't fully deliver the same stellar service you'd experienced elsewhere. While we navigate newer offerings, such as Mobile Order, these processes are being continually evaluated. Feedback like yours allows us the opportunity to improve and is greatly appreciated.

I hope we'll welcome you back another time with all the bright, amazing service you've come to enjoy here!

Brie
Disney Social Reviews
A 10-acre lake with fountains is surrounded by a walkway that connects the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek with surrounding Club Wyndham resorts and their pool amenities.
$399
    $309
2.8 km from Disney's Art of Animation Resort
View more hotels in Orlando
8,811 results
All reviews the lion king little mermaid finding nemo big blue pool family suite nemo pool food court murphy bed cars area the bus mermaid room radiator springs cars suites nemo suites table bed main building themed areas
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 April 2021

I normally stay at Disney's luxury resorts but decided to give this hotel a try due to their available family suites. We stayed in the Cars family suite. The resort theme is extremely well done. The room was large and comfortable. The pools are great, with many lifeguards paying close attention. Disney did not disappoint with this one... we will return.

Date of stay: April 2021
5  Thank kkjohnson521
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at Disney's Art of Animation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2021

Your review is a true delight! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on your recent visit. The theming throughout Disney's Art of Animation Resort has to be my favorite all across property, I could walk around The Lion King sections all day singing "Hakuna Matata!"

I am glad you made time to check out the pools around our property and relax with some Florida sunshine. It is wonderful to know our Recreation Cast Members were friendly and alert as well.

On behalf of all of our Cast Members, we look forward to sketching up many more magical adventures for you on your future visits!

Alexa

Reviewed 13 April 2021 via mobile

My son and I stayed in a Little Mermaid room for five nights last month. It was very comfortable with fun theming. Our only complaint was that the bathroom door was almost impossible to fully close. The grounds are nice and we thought the movie-themed decor throughout the resort was really cool. The Skyliner stops there, and we loved flying off to Hollywood Studios and Epcot. Even with lines, the wait was not bad and the ride was pleasant. The not-so-pleasant? We requested a room on the top level away from elevators to get the quietest room possible due to my son’s insomnia. Now, I know a request is not guaranteed, but we received a 3rd floor room next to an elevator despite the fact that there were plenty of other rooms available. Our impression is that there was no effort whatsoever to accommodate our preferences. As a result, the people above us stomped around for hours at night and we heard people coming from and going to the elevator as well. In addition, the food in Landscape of Flavors was absolutely terrible. We would recommend bringing your own food with you or eating elsewhere daily.

4  Thank anthro92
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at Disney's Art of Animation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2021

Thank you so much for stopping by to share this review and wonderful photos of your recent stay with us at Disney's Art of Animation Resort. While I'm so thrilled to learn you enjoyed your stay overall, I'm very disheartened to read about your concerns.
It is true that requests are not always guaranteed, but I can assure you our Front Desk Cast Members do try their best to accommodate special requests when they can while maintaining our current protocols. I so apologize for this disappointment, as I can certainly understand the frustration. Whenever a Guest is not comfortable in their room, or when there is an issue like the door you mentioned, we always encourage you to reach out to the Front Desk to see what solutions may be available as we are always very eager to ensure you have the most magical stay possible. I'd also like to apologize for your disappointment with Landscape of Flavors. With this being one of my personal favorites to dine at Walt Disney World Resort, I'm so sorry it didn't meet your preferences. I hope you took an opportunity to hop on Disney Skyliner and maybe try some options at neighboring Resorts.
While this may not have been the experience you were hoping for this time, I hope we will be able to welcome you back again some time for a more magical visit.

Reviewed 12 April 2021

We wanted to take a little overnight trip to get away before the holidays. We usually stay at Port Orleans Riverside and that was not available. We decided to give Art of Animation a try for the first time. We are a family of 4 with two kids ages 15 and 10.

We arrived on property around 2pm. Our room was ready and we were able to move our car near our room and unload before hitting the parks. Our room was very clean. Not the largest, but plenty of space for a place to sleep for one night.
We were able to hop right on the Skyliner to Epcot.

After we returned for the evening we were able to order food from the quick service restaurant via app. It was prepared relatively quickly. They were limiting guests from entering until their order was ready. Then you go to a specific line to get your order. Very smooth process.

In the morning I was able to have a nice 5 mile run around hourglass lake through the resort and the neighboring Pop Century resort. We loved seeing all the pets being walked on the grounds and never heard any barking or encountered any messes in the resort.

While we are still partial to Port Orleans Riverside, we would not hesitate to stay here again...especially if the price is right!

Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank Parrothead6706
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at Disney's Art of Animation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2021

Hello there, and thank you so much for stopping by to share this review of your recent stay with us at Disney's Art of Animation Resort. I'm so happy to know you tried something new by booking this magical Resort. While I can certainly understand partiality when you have a specific Resort that you love, I'm thrilled this was a win for you.
One of my favorite things about this hotel is the larger-than-life theming of some of our favorite Disney films. Whether you're swimming under the sea with Ariel and her friends. taking a joyride with Lightning McQueen going on an adventure with Nemo, or exploring the circle of life with Simba and his pals, there is so much to take in here. Also, did you know this location's Big Blue Pool is the largest pool in all of Walt Disney World Resort?!
When you add all of this with the incredible proximity to all we offer at Walt Disney World, you get some of the most pixie dust we have!
Thank you again for your review, and we can't wait to see you again real soon!

Reviewed 10 April 2021 via mobile

I have stayed at the Art of Animation before. They have the most family friendly sized rooms for a family of 5. We had a great time at the parks, we were very happy with the precautions and changes that were in place but I don’t think I would stay at a Disney resort again. Our room was dirty, I had to request it to be cleaned multiple times, our fridge didn’t keep anything cold, and we found a large roach in the kitchenette one morning. I reported this to the front desk and it was not a priority for them. No one ever checked back to see if everything was fine, no one ever reassured me that it was taken care of. It’s impossible to get someone on the phone at the “front desk” called multiple times and no answer. When we arrived the spare blankets for the couch were missing. It was late, we had a long day or travel and then a hot day at the park. We had to search the halls to find someone to get them for us and then it was over an hour before they arrived. The quality of a resort, let alone a Disney resort is no longer at this property. The activity board was completely wrong, so we never got to take advantage of those benefits and the pool had a wait time, yet I noticed several guests leaving our resort pool and heading over the bridge to the neighboring resort. There could have been more information provided in the rooms to explain the changes to the dinning and pools as well as the time those could be accessed.

The manager at the gift shop is very rude also. I needed to exchange a shirt and they didn’t have any other sizes, no one offered any problem solving for this situation and now I am stuck with a credit that is absolutely useless to me. The manager was rude from the moment she walked over. I didn’t request the manager the associate said that the manager could override the issue.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at Disney's Art of Animation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2021

I want to thank you very much for taking the time to share your honest review of your recent visit to Disney's Art of Animation Resort. I also would like to apologize that your visit was not one that left you with the fond memories you have had with us in the past. It is disheartening to learn that there were opportunities we, as Cast Members, had to turn situations around for you that were missed. I can assure you the feedback you provided in your review will be shared with various areas of Leadership so that we may continue to monitor and evaluate our services and offerings to better serve our Guests.

I do truly hope that you and your family may reconsider and either come back to our Resort or try out another Walt Disney World Resort for a future holiday. Thank you again for sharing your vacation with us as well as your review.

Alexa

Reviewed 30 March 2021

So, with all fairness i have given a 4 verses a 1 simply because of the manager/supervisor/cast person/understanding human being named Ashley! We arrived exhausted from a long drive and desperately needed a great night of rest. It was a bit less than that for sure. I was in hopes that our issues could have been resolved while on our overdue vacation but it just wasn't in the cards for us. Spoke with Ashley this morning. While she was the 4th person I spoke with she was not only sympathetic but had all the right emotions to deal with my issues. Congratulations to Disney for having such a wonderful person on staff. I will indeed take her advice and plan another trip and attempt a more magical vacation. Thanks again Ashley! The below question answers do not reflect Ashley, She came into the picture after the trip was completed

P.S. If I had it all to do over again this very minute I would ONLY change the accommodations. The other stuff that has changed since covid are bearable. I would suggest to some people. BE NICE TO OTHERS!

Room tip: Ask for a room closer to the resort entrance
1  Thank AlabamaDisnerd
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at Disney's Art of Animation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2021

Hello, and thank you so much for stopping by to share some thoughts on your recent stay with us at Disney's Art of Animation Resort. While I'm disheartened to learn you didn't enjoy your visit overall, I'm so happy to learn Ashley's pixie dust helped to turn things around for you. I will be sure to pass along your kind words so she can be recognized for making some magic for you. I certainly do hope we will have the chance to welcome you back again real soon for a more magical visit!