7,707 results
All reviews jambo house savannah view kidani village animal kingdom savannah room night vision goggles african theme watching the animals savanna view room boma restaurant the bus zebra trail african animals love animals bunk beds booked a standard room quick service
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

How this place warrants its 4 star rating is beyond me. The gloomy 90s chic gives you a depression - take a look at the pictures and you‘ll know what I am talking about. The hotel has apparently never been updated and it shows. The horrible bathroom lighting is cave-like (not the good kind), the room smells, housekeeping doesn’t come back when turned away at 8:00 am, service personal doesn’t greet you in the hallway and cleaning buggies congest the hallways all through the day. Luggage is not taken care of on arrival so we had to drag it for 15 min through the place to get to our room. Buses are notoriously late. The constant reference of ‚african‘ specialities is culturally insensitive and offending (it’s a continent people) the Swahili is badly translated and adds to the weird vibe of this place. Service in the restaurants and airline check-in is slow and inefficient. The breakfast is mostly beige food. I could go on...

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank noac2015
WDW_Parks_Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I am so sorry to hear that you had such a disappointing stay at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Noa. I appreciate, though, that you took the time to write this review. Please be assured that I am taking note of this feedback and sharing it with the appropriate Leadership. We're always working hard to ensure that every Guest who visits our Theme Parks and Resorts has a magical stay with us, and feedback like yours helps us work toward providing these better experiences. We hope to have future opportunities to host you around our Resort.

Rachel

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our first trip from the uk to disneyworld decided to treat ourselves and book this hotel for 2 weeks.
Unfortunately not long after booking we were informed the pool would be closed during our stay. After speaking to a lovely lady called Kathy she gave us a free upgrade to savannah view room from a standard. We were happy with this.
On arrival at 9pm after a very long journey we were surprised to see really how low the lighting is in the hotel. Like a yellow candle glow, very dimly lit. My 4 year old said it was spooky! It was Halloween after all.
Very pleased with room and view. Giraffes etc every day outside of room. Not far from lifts on 2nd floor. Perfect location really.
Used the mara restaurant alot. Very impressed. Lovely food and cakes. So much food on the disney dining plan.

Visited boma one night but we didn't enjoy unfortunately. Very busy loud and not to our taste. Also the most expensive table service meal we did.

Disney bus service a+ no complaints. Pool at kidani very enjoyable and shuttle provided was regular and comfortable.

Staff who worked on check in and concierge did not have the disney magic. They were reasonably pleasant but didn't crack a smile and weren't very welcoming.

One afternoon we came back to our room to find a hamper that had been delivered with a toy each for my kids and a cool bag with food for myself and husband. Very pleasant surprise.

Overall I would stay here again. It'll take a few years to save up tho!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jkw1984

Dumela! Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Two weeks at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge sounds like an absolutely wild time! I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment surround the pool refurbishments, but I'm glad to hear that Kathy could make some magic for you and provide you with a great view of the savanna. Seeing the animals is my favorite part about staying at this Resort -- did you know that Animal Kingdom Lodge is home to over 30 different species of African wildlife? Amazing!

I'm disheartened to hear that you didn't feel the magic from our Front Desk Cast Members, and I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your meal at Boma. Not every dining location will be a perfect fit for everyone, but I hope you were at least able to experience some tasty cuisine elsewhere during your visit. I'm glad that you did enjoy The Mara, and with delicious dishes like the Slow-Roasted Barbecue Ribs and Vegetarian Falafel Bites, it's not hard to see why!

For your next visit, I would recommend checking out Disney's Grand Floridian Resort. This Resort is bright, convenient to Magic Kingdom and is host to an array of delicious dining locations, from Grand Floridian Cafe to Citricos to 1900 Park Fare. I also think you might like Disney's Boardwalk Inn Resort. Situated right on Disney's Boardwalk which is home to a diverse selection of restaurants and nighttime entertainment, this Resort offers the charm and whimsy of turn-of-the-century Atlantic City. While you won't find any Zebras outside of your window, I think you'll love the convenience and overall feel of both of these Resorts.

Asante sana; thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Whether you choose to return to Animal Kingdom Lodge or decide to explore a new venue, we look forward to welcoming you back again someday!

Rachel
Disney Social Review

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have stayed at several on site resorts and this is by far my favorite! The Disney staff is AMAZING as usual. The beds are comfortable. No matter how many people are staying your room itself it quiet. Food options on site are fantastic (zebra domes yum!) This resort is themed so well. We love staying here whenever we get a chance. I will say that, if you are the type of people to go to the parks from open to close, then this is not the resort for you. This is the resort that you need to take time to appreciate not only the scenery, but also what the resort itself has to offer you and talk to some if the people that are out on the Savannah. They are a wealth of information. I had someone sing happy birthday to me in English and then in their native dialect. My daughter has colored out on the balcony while watching the animals.

Also, this resort is only close to Animal Kingdom. It is the furthest resort from all of the other parks. We don't care, because in all actuality it still isn't that far.

Will be staying again in a few months and can't wait!

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Breanna S
WDW_Parks_Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

You had me at "zebra domes!" Thanks for sharing your review of Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge with us, Breanna.

One of my favorite things about your review is how you said, "This is the Resort that you need to take time to appreciate not only the scenery, but also what the resort itself has to offer." This Resort truly offers so much to enjoy and explore, and I love to hear when Guests really spend some time soaking it all in. I really enjoyed hearing about your experience with one of our Cast Members at the Resort wishing you a happy birthday in both English and their native dialect.

It seems even your room and the included amenities were a huge hit with you and your family! A comfortable bed and quiet room are necessary when resting up after a long day of vacation fun.

Asante sana; it has been a pleasure! See you next time for more wild adventures!

Kristina

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is beautiful. We had an animal view and it did not disappoint. We saw so many animals from our balcony. Giraffes pretty much every day. Kids loved it. Pool areas are great. I would give the edge to Kidani Village. Unfortunately this hotel is just to far away from the parks. We stayed 7 nights and ended up spending about 12 hours total just on the bus going back and forth. Each morning we would go to a park (1/2 hour at least if you include loading and unloading) then we would take a mid day break as our girls needed abreak (another 1/2 hour) then after about 2 hours at the hotel we would go back to another park (1/2 hour) then at the end of the night come back. Animal kingdom is just around the corner so that day isn't to bad we also took a rest day at the pools and Disney Springs as well. If once does not need/want to take a mid day break then this hotel could probably work for you. Otherwise it is just to much time on the bus.

Room tip: Kidani village is awesome
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Charla T

Dumela, Charla! Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge is one of the most unique Resort experiences you can have at Walt Disney World. Each property here tends to offer something a little different. This one gives families an opportunity to immerse themselves in African culture and amazing animal experiences, like giraffes from your balcony or beautiful animal viewing from the lobby! Many of these experiences are only possibly because of the distance from the other Theme Parks. This, of course, means allowing time to travel between locations. Overall though, it sounds like you really enjoyed your stay!

For your next visit, I would recommend trying a property that is a little closer to our Theme Parks. Have you ever considered Disney’s BoardWalk Inn? This property is walking distance to both Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot, which makes mid-day breaks a breeze! Sadly though, you won’t find a giraffe off your balcony. Instead, you might get a glimpse of the shimmering Crescent Lake or Epcot nighttime fireworks!

Thank you again for sharing your comments and we hope to see you and your family again real soon!

Ryan

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was really looking forward to staying at this hotel but was a bit disappointed with the overall experience. We stayed in a Savannah room with one queen bed and two bunkbeds. These room are not cheap, but they are quite small and outdated. The balcony overlooking the savannah was very narrow with only 2 plastic chairs (4 people in room). The bathroom itself is tiny, the TV was tiny, and there was nowhere to plug in and recharge your phone by the bed-not even one of those radios that have a charging port that can be found in even the most basic Hampton Inn. We were able to hear the next door guests actually using the bathroom and flushing the toilet and we were awakened by them arguing at 1:30 a.m. -the walls are apparently very thin. The hotel I thought overall looked its 17 years of age. Food wise, we were tired so opted to eat in the bar - the service portions were...tiny (the pricey cheese board had one small rectangle of cheddar and one small dollop of goat cheese with a microscopic quantity of meat -it was comical and we wished we had taken a picture to post but I guess we were so shocked it didn't occur to us until afterwards). Of course, you expect to overpay for everything at Disney, but even with that in mind, I expected a much higher quality than what was delivered. The vistas overlooking the animal areas are very nice and the hotel is unique in that regard, with attention to detail in the decoration themes, but for the price you are paying I can't say its worth it. Also, none of the employees encountered knew where anything was (1 did) and/or were otherwise unable to communicate in English which at a resort like this, where the guests will often be asking how to find something, is problematic.

Room tip: Definitely want a room with the savannah view but you will pay for it
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank sbslaw57

I’m very sorry to learn about your disappointing experience at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. This is one of my favorite properties at Walt Disney World because of its unique theme and animal experiences, like the beautiful savanna room views. Didn’t you just love waking up and seeing those beautiful animals from your balcony? Of course, there is more to this property than the views off your balcony. I am very sorry you were awoken by unwanted neighboring noise. It’s understandable this would cause frustration. I hope the noise did not last and you were able to enjoy some uninterrupted rest.

Have you ever stayed at Disney’s Old Key West? This could be a wonderful place for your next stay as the rooms are a little more spacious, the views are absolutely beautiful, and the meal options over at Olivia’s Café are just wonderful. Guests rave about the Conch Fritters!

Thank you again for sharing your comments! We sincerely hope to see you again very soon.

Ryan