Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

More Info
from US$125.00
More Info
4,679 results
All reviews lazy rivers water park cabana bay water coaster drop slide trap door body slides rapid river universal app early access early admission popular rides big rides great park theme park roller coaster tapu
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 September 2021 via mobile

When it comes to spending lots of money I’m pretty critical about what I get in return.

For over $100 a head this place leaves a lot to be desired.

Extreme waits for rides (think 200+ minutes).
Waits once you get to the ride despite waiting.
Long waits for food kiosks.
Waits for tubes for the lazy river.
Waits life jackets for fearless river.
Just plan on waiting.

Oh also plan on burning because 95% of this place has zero shade.

This place is about as well thought out as their stupid queue system.
Despite all checking in at the same time for a ride, you’ll still be separated by about 15 minutes.

I live 10 minutes away and I don’t plan on coming back until some major changes take place.

Date of experience: September 2021
1  Thank rpearl555
UOGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Universal's Volcano Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2021

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I'm very disheartened to hear of your experience, as it is never our intention to inconvenience our Guests. We always manage attendance to provide a safe and enjoyable Guest experience, and I'm sorry to hear your experience did not reflect this. Please know that I've ensured your feedback regarding wait times and shade throughout the park has all been formally documented and will be passed along to the correct leadership teams for their further review. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Guest Services Team at 407-224-4233, or via email at guestservices@universalorlando.com. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to hear from you soon.

Samantha

Reviewed 3 September 2021

A good time had by all. Not sure the price is worth it for younger kids. We got a cabana which was nice for the littles to unwind and get out of the sun for a bit. The food we had for lunch was fantastic!

Date of experience: August 2021
UOGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Universal's Volcano Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2021

Hi there!

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you all had a good time and appreciate the feedback you have provided. Cabanas are a great way to enhance your day at our park! I hope you were able to try a delicious Waturi Fusion Ice Cream. See you again soon!

-Brianna

Reviewed 29 August 2021

Probably the most fun I've ever had at an amusement park. The moment you step inside you feel like you are in Hawaii, surrounded by lush vegetation and relaxing tropical sounds, it feels like you have beeen transported away from the city. The rides are thrilling and the food isn't bad, I had an amazing Curry chicken bowl! The tapu tapu system is genius. Wish they would use this at all parks. You just check in and come back when it's your time. The lines are not that long. Jump in the river for a fast moving tube ride around the park and through the volcano and wait for your watch to tell you it's time. Simple as that! I've been at least a dozen times and can't wait to go back.

Date of experience: August 2021
UOGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Universal's Volcano Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2021

Hi there!
Thank you for your review! Wow, what a great description of Volcano Bay! I'm so happy that you enjoyed your visit! Isn't Tapu Tapu just so cool? Make sure you ride the Krakatau Aqua Coaster next time, it's my favorite! See you soon!
- Victoria

Reviewed 28 August 2021

to start, I have never left a negative review in my life for anything in Orlando - but Volcano Bay was worst experience EVER

Now we were there on a Sat in august, so I did expect it to be busy. But for the cost to get in, it was the worst spent money I ever made. (also to be fair we've traveled to Fla for decades, and disney, universal theme parks, aquatica, sea world, etc.. all over years have been great)

This was our first time trying Volcano Bay and definitely the last. The one ride everyone wants to do is obviously the water coaster. So at a 3hr wait - there was no option but to tap in for it. Issue is that NOTHING else is available to ride then outside of the pool or lazy river. I could do that at the hotel for free. Even two times when a couple of the other slides would finally show up as ride now - getting to the entrance, we were always turned away saying it is a 10min wait and there is no option to ride without giving up our place in virtual line for the water coaster, which at that point in the wait would have been a waste. Well 3 hours ended up closer to 4. We wandered or sat in the pool in the meantime as literally there was nothing else to do.
food lines were no better as we waited an hour 15min just for a lunch option. Also for all the paths and ride entrances, it is impossible to find a map to show where you are or need to go.

so in the end for the hundreds of dollars cost of 5 tickets, we were there 6hrs, rode 1 total ride, and left extremely dejected by late afternoon.

I heard other guests with similar complaints at ride entrances that when a ride may show as ride now on the boards, they would also get turned away at the ride entrance. Also heard those with cabanas complaining as well as apparently there service times were also extremely lacking

I don't at all blame the staff, as everyone we encountered were as helpful as they could be and great. But the system itself is seriously flawed. Whatever capacity is, it should be reduced by at least 20-25%. There has to be at least 2 slides open as standby all the time to give options for those otherwise waiting in a virtual queue. Even if they are basic body slide or tube slide, give us something..

The park aesthetic is nice but with very little park map signage, just too many people allowed in to accommodate, and a ride system which doesn't allow you the option to do anything while in another queue.. my family decided 100% this was the worst park in decades we have been to, was a waste of quite a lot of $$ and ultimately what should have been a nice visit to a new park just made everyone dejected and ready to leave by afternoon.

Until universal works to improve some of the flaws, I could not and would not recommend this park to anyone ever.

1  Thank shaunsJ5846CM
UOGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Universal's Volcano Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2021

Hi there,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. While I'm happy to hear that our Team Members were helpful and kind, I'm disheartened to hear of the overall experience you've described. It is never our intention to inconvenience our Guests, and I'm sorry that your experience did not reflect that. Please know that your feedback regarding the TapuTapu, as well as wait times throughout the park, has been formally documented, and will be passed along to the correct leadership teams for their further review. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Guest Services Team at 407-224-4233, or via email at guestservices@universalorlando.com. We really appreciate you reaching out, and we hope to hear from you soon.

Samantha

Reviewed 25 August 2021 via mobile

This is the nicest water park my family and I have ever visited. The number and quality of the rides are outstanding. The atmosphere is great and the aesthetics are over the top. Food was very expensive but we expected it.

Date of experience: July 2021
UOGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Universal's Volcano Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2021

Hi there!
Thank you for your review! I'm thrilled to hear that you and your family enjoyed your visit to Volcano Bay! Isn't the park just so pretty? I hope you made it onto the Krakatau Aqua Coaster, it's my favorite! See you next time!
- Victoria