Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Suzymittens
Osseo, Minnesota

Some good, Some bad

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 Apr 2021
I will start out saying I had high expectations for this hotel. The reviews I read were mostly good and there was many good things about my stay, but feel I need to mention both the good and bad.
Like some have mentioned, check in was slow. There was always a line, but once it was my turn, the people working were all very nice. My first room was on the third floor. It had an adjoining room which was occupied by a couple with small children and a dog. All was okay until the family left the room for the evening and the dog started to bark. It was one of those little, yippy dogs and never quit barking. I had just arrived after a long plane trip and just wanted to relax for a bit. Finally, I went back to the desk (waited in a long line again) asking for a different room. I was offered a room on a non-dog floor (I should have asked for this when I booked) and that room was great.
Although I was there to visit the Disney parks, I also wanted a hotel with a nice pool. This hotel didn't disappoint. The pool was large and very clean. The downside was that the hottubs were not operating correctly. The jets were not working so it was like sitting in a big bathtub of hot water, not very appealing.
My BIGGEST complaint was the shuttle service. A person could only leave two times in the morning and could only be picked up after the parks closed. For example, EPCOT opens at 11:00 and closes at 11:00. That is a LONG day at the park in hot weather. Magic Kingdon opens at 8:00 and closes at 9:00, again a very long day, especially wearing a mask in the hot sun all day. The shuttle driver will tell you that she will pick you up at an earlier time, but you have to pay to do that. I was not impressed with this service as I've stayed at many hotels with shuttles that run many departure and pick up times for free.
Another downer is that the hotel is located on a VERY busy highway. I like to walk around a bit when at a new hotel, and there wasn't much opportunity to do that unless you wanted to stay on one side of the highway.
Finally, the bed was fabulous! I loved it and the room was large and clean.
All and all, the PEOPLE who work at a hotel make for a good or bad stay and the people at this hotel are great. I'm sorry I had to mention some of the bad, but I appreciate reading reviews that state both the good and bad.
Date of stay: April 2021
Room Tip: If you don't have a dog, you may be stuck in a room next to one
2.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 14 Apr 2021
Dear Suzymittens:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us! We love reviews with the good and the bad as well so that we can improve and make our experience better for all of our guests so thank you so much! We will have our management team look at the shuttle schedule again but it is currently modified from our normal schedule due to the hour and Park Hopping changes at Disney. We look forward to being able to get more stops in again as things get back to their normal transportation schedules that have more stops. We are glad that you enjoyed our pool area and the bed. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Disney area.

$249
    $232
    $235
1.8 km from Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista, an IHG Hotel
Pool
A 10-acre lake with fountains is surrounded by a walkway that connects the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek with surrounding Club Wyndham resorts and their pool amenities.
$446
11.4 km from Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista, an IHG Hotel
Free parking
View more hotels in Orlando
2,989 results
All reviews kids eat free movie room applebee's restaurant chick fil bunk beds pool area kids suite disney parks lake buena vista splash pad near disney fridge and microwave booked this hotel shuttle service convenience store nice pool disney trip
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 April 2021

Based on reviews that the hotel was clean, I booked the family suite with double bunks for our visit. The rooms are spacious but I didn’t feel the property was overly clean, possibly because it is really dated. I definitely wouldn’t call it a “resort”. They do not have the gaming system in the room as shown when booking and the theatre area is closed I’m sure due to Covid which was not an issue for us, just adding in case anyone is hoping for those things.

There was only one staff member at the front desk every time I went down and had to wait in line. At check in while staff was very nice they did not tell us we needed a voucher for kids eat free at Applebee’s...and you need it each time. One of the draws was the kids eat free. We had dinner there the first night and again staff were kind but they really have no staff. Was soooo slow, painfully. We attempted to go in the morning for quick bite and coffee but no one ever came to greet us so we left. We didn’t visit the restaurant again which would have saved us money to be able to utilize it.

I don’t think we would stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank JLettmann
Keith Di Natale, Revenue Management at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2021

Dear JLettmann:

Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay. Please accept our apologies for the room not being up to your expectations and not having the X-Box. We will share your comments about Applebee's with their management team about your experience in Applebee's. We do look forward to seeing you again as we move further past the COVID environment that has affected so many areas.

Reviewed 19 March 2021 via mobile

Service has improved since my last visit,i was disappointed back then,I gave it a chance and I can’t complain,love that is very clean,and on top of that this hotel use made in the USA natural soaps,shampoos and conditioner from J.R Watkins products,we love it!keep it up guys :-)

Trip type: Travelled with family
Keith Di Natale, Owner at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2021

Dear Cubang2015:

Thank you for giving us another try and letting us know we improved! Our team is constantly training and working to improve our service and keep our property looking awesome, thank you so much for the feedback. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 14 March 2021 via mobile

5 stars for this hotel! Was definitely skeptical just because the price point, and I am sooooo picky. This hotel really proved me wrong. Amazing rooms, clean, well kept. The staff was so friendly. Particularly Dan, at the pool running the hourly games with the children. I had to compliment him as much as I could.. I even seen the manager and also let him know what a great job he was doing, and he actually recognized him on the spot! My husband and I were so happy. He was running the entire pool show, entertaining the kids, picking up towels, helping people on the pool table. I could go on and on. Dan is such a asset to this hotel. I was elated to stay here. The only actual suggestion I would make, is to eat at the steak house next door (not the Apple Bees inside the hotel.) but again I am so picky! Way to go Dan & Holiday Inn. 6 stars.

Dear Taylorballance1222:

Thank you so much for the incredible shout out for our Recreation Director Dan and the Resort. He does run a tight ship out there and loves doing it! We find it awesome to hear how much you and your husband enjoyed you time with us and look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 14 March 2021

The property is the perfect mix of clean, family friendly, tons of amenities and fun for everyone all the things you would expect from an IHG resort. But what puts this review over the TOP beyond any star rate is the courtesy and pure human touch that the front desk staff displayed during my families recent stay. Massive shout out and kudos for the excellent care and helpful service that Ancel extended to us, IHG are truly lucky to have such a fine outstanding shooting star on their team! Way to go Holiday Inn Buena Vista! You have a customer for life!!

Dear Gaylec409:
Thank you so much for your feedback about our property and especially the shout out for Ancel. We love hearing how well he took care of you and your family during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again on your next Disney World trip.

Reviewed 9 March 2021

I really loved this place! I had a few questions that weren't answered online, so I called the property & spoke with Keith. Super-helpful & friendly! So, I booked. My first & several subsequent experiences on premises were with Ancel. Such a delightful, helpful man! Talk about top-notch service! The room itself was large, clean, very comfortable, & dog-friendly. Sleep quality was great, & the shower had great water pressure! I especially appreciated that the property uses refillable pump bottles of shampoo & conditioner in the shower. The pool area is absolutely beautiful & very well maintained. While I did not actually get into the water, I lounged at the perimeter, & enjoyed a poolisde snack & a few bottles of beer at the Applebee's Tiki bar. I was also impressed that they provided an, albeit small, fenced dog walking area at the rear of the property. While this place IS technically walking distance to Disney Springs, I recommend a rideshare company rather than a walk. Although the provided shuttle to any of the parks requires an advance reservation, the shuttle driver & (again) Ancel were very helpful & accommodating, & I got to the park(s) & to the hotel again without a single problem. Also, there is a full-service Applebee's restaurant attached to the property. This, my fellow travelers, is the place to stay.

1  Thank Kates9999
Keith Di Natale, Owner at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2021

Dear Kates9999:

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback about your experience with our resort and team members. We love hearing how much Ancel was able to help you and make your stay special. We hope to see you again when it is warm enough outside to enjoy the heated pool but love hearing how much you enjoyed the atmosphere.