Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
b3schmidt
New London, Wisconsin

Clean and sufficient

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Aug 2021via mobile
My husband and 2 little kids ages 9 and 7 stayed here in August of 2021 for 7 days and 6 nights. We were in building number 2 room 2747. We bought this hotel knowing it was a value resort and knowing ahead of time the rooms were going to be very small. When magical express bus dropped us off at the front desk, We did have a hard time getting a room. Our bands did not unlock the doors and the kids had to wait even longer to get in and relax. We went back to the desk and some one was able to fix it. We got into our room. It was very small. Murphy bed and another bed. The non Murphy bed was comfortable but I was cold and wanted more blankets. We are from WI and I sleep with 2 huge comforters in the summer.. so you know the air conditioner works well. We had enough storage, a nice mini fridge and we asked for a microwave and they delivered it right away. The room has non carpeted floors and this was nice. The bathroom was clean and updated. We used the showers a lot and had good luck. Overall the room was tiny but we basically slept and showered there and that was it. I did order walmart groceries and supplies to be delivered on the first day. That was so nice. Water, protein, sunscreen, and snacks. Saved us a lot of hassle and money. We did go into the Cafe and bought the 20 dollar refillable cups. I assumed they would still work in the parks but due to COVID-19 they did not. It was so not worth it. We did swim in the 2 big pools and had a great time. Life guards and entertainment were awesome. I did use the mile running path every day. I only went very early in the morning before the sun came up and it was less humid. I loved this but hated not having a fitness center. I felt safe and ran at least 70 minutes a day. I just enjoy lifting weights too. We did not eat in the Cafe at all. The food always smelled good and looked good. We did not go in the shopping room either. The busses to and from the resorts and parks were so excellent. No complaints at all. We were treated well and had a nice vacation but this is truly a value motel. I do not think I would go back. I would pay more for a hotel with a fitness center and larger rooms.
Responded 19 Aug 2021
Thank you for taking a moment to review your most recent visit to Disney's All-Star Movies Resort. I'm sorry to read that this Resort wasn't the absolute perfect choice for your dream vacation. However, it's good that your room, even though on the small side, provided everything you needed to rest and recharge in-between your Theme Park visits. I suggest for your next visit you give Disney's Coronado Springs Resort a try. This Resort has a few more amenities that are appealing to our more active Guests, such as two fitness centers, fitness classes, and The Running of Coronado Fun Run.

I also want to apologize for any miscommunication you may have received regarding our Resort Refillable Mug. These mugs are eligible for refills at Beverage Islands at Quick-Service locations at any Disney Resort Hotel during the length of your stay. They do not qualify for free refills at our Theme Parks or Disney Springs. I'm truly sorry if this has any impacts during your visit.

Thank you again for your review and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your family again real soon.

Betty
$252
  • Tripadvisor
    $252
    $253
7.8 km from Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Pool
A 10-acre lake with fountains is surrounded by a walkway that connects the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek with surrounding Club Wyndham resorts and their pool amenities.
$419
0.9 km from Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Restaurant
View more hotels in Orlando
8,155 results
All reviews mighty ducks food court the toy story section love bug fantasia pool the bus buzz lightyear fantasia building preferred room rooms are small gift shop larger than life disney experience magic kingdom cast members online check magic band
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 August 2021

We stayed here for one night before heading over to Bay Lake Resort. I have always wanted to stay at All-Stars, but heard the rooms were small.
We stayed on the Mighty Duck side. Our room was small, but it was very nice and clean. I was surprised to see a coffee station in the room. Nice touch. The price is good for a Disney resort so it really is good for families. I think a family of four may be tight in a reg room. Not sure if there are bigger rooms or not.
I love the theme of the resort. The pool seemed nice, we did not go in.
It is a smaller resort and easy to get around.

Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank Wejoy
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at Disney's All-Star Movies Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2021

Thanks for checking out Disney's All-Star Movies Resort! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Being one of our Disney Value Resort, the accommodations are a bit smaller, but the recent updates to the room have definitely made is possible to make the most of the space. If you're looking for the lower price point and larger than life theming of a Value Resort, but needing a bit more space, you may want to consider one of our Family Suites. These accommodations can be found at Disney's Art of Animation Resort and Disney's All-Star Music Resort, and they provide some extra room to really stretch out and relax during your stay.

I can't wait to see where you'll stay next!

Quinn

Reviewed 11 August 2021

I'll be honest. Disney calls this a hotel. By definition it is but it looks more like an upgraded Motel 6 which isn't a bad thing. It has the same amenities as most of the other resorts including park transportation. The rooms themselves are an OK size. Not much closet space to hang clothes and the bathroom is not real big. You will either get two double beds or one king and you won't know until you arrive or make arrangements beforehand.

The downsides: You can't pick your building. Ours was in the back so it was a bit of a hike each day. The food court is OK. I'm not sure if it's pandemic related or not, but the menu did not change for morning or evening. For Your breakfast and dinner meals you are better off eating in the parks or relying on Uber Eats, Postmates or Doordash to get food. All Star Movies is not within walking distance of anything edible besides a McDonald's that's 2 miles down the street. So you're stuck relying on food delivery services if you want variety.

The pools and overall layout are nice. We had a downstairs room and it was quiet every night even outside the so called quiet hours set by Disney. Oh, average bus time to each park ranges from 10-15 minutes and is closest to Animal kingdom park.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank michaelpE992JJ
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at Disney's All-Star Movies Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2021

Thanks for stopping by to leave a review of your recent stay at Disney's All-Star Movies Resort, Michael. Although your visit was one filled with movie magic, I'm disheartened to read of some of the frustrations you shared. May I suggest for your next visit booking a Preferred Room as this will place you closer to the lobby and transportation offerings?

I want to apologize for the disappointment with our menu offerings. I certainly understand the need for variety between breakfast and dinner offerings and I'm sorry that wasn't your experience. Please be assured I will be sharing this feedback with our Resort Leadership team.

I hope wherever your next visit takes you and your family we'll be rolling out the red carpet for you again real soon!

Zoey

Reviewed 9 August 2021 via mobile

Single parent family vacation for my son and I, first time visiting Disneyworld.

Least costly of the Disneyworld Resort Hotels... You get what you pay for!

Disney themed however, I would classify this property as a motel not hotel. Does not have the level of customer service and Disney Magic upon entering lobby. Strong perfume smell in basic lobby.

All rooms have outside doors. Each building is three stories. There are stairs and elevators for room access.
Rooms are incredibly small and basic. The second bed was a dining table/Murphy bed. The room was sufficiently clean but again basic. No carpet, faux wood linoleum and tile. Wood floor very dusty/dirty. No microwave, lights burned out, usb outlets loose. 1 1/2 foot wide no door cabinet in bathroom for a closet, which made bathroom area even smaller. Had a broken hair dryer I could not use. Supplied 1 bar of face soap and refillable shampoo, conditioner and body wash in shower. Shower limited on heat and very poor water pressure.

The room doors have auto closures on them which makes them slam shut. The room walls are so thin and poorly insulated, you hear slamming doors and flushing toilets all day and night long.

There is a small coffee pot they provide coffee sugar cups and creamer for. There is an ice bucket and ice machines.

Beds were decently comfortable on raised platforms.

Air conditioner lowest setting was 68 and didnt blow to hard.

There was one restaurant working on property with basic rotating food chooses which were a little expensive for quality.

Pool was large but always crowded. Understandably as it was extremely hot.

Buses to and from parks were awesome and huge plus in my opinion. However, the drop off and pick up locations at each park were the furthest away from all front gates. I assume this is because the hotel cost is lower than any of the other hotels.

They really encourage folks to utilize the disney app for everything in Disneyworld from checking in to the hotel, ordering food from hotel restaurant as well as food places in the park to making park reservations and line queue reservations.

Magic bands, even though I had to purchase them, were awesome! We used them for park entry, photo pass to save our park pics to the app as well as pay for items Disneyworld Resort wide.

I was disappointed in the hotel, just didn't have the Disney quality or magic. We just had to make it work as it's all we had.

2  Thank Binobayb
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at Disney's All-Star Movies Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2021

I'm sorry to hear your stay at Disney's All-Star Movies Resort wasn't magical in every way, Toni. You are correct that this is one of our Disney Value Resorts, so that does mean there are fewer amenities than our other categories. However, you should always be able to count on a well maintained room with everything in working order, and I sincerely apologize that there were some items missed in your room. If ever you notice something like a light bulb out, your hair dryer not working, or anything else, I would definitely urge you to dial the Front Desk from the phone in your room. They'll be happy to partner with our Housekeeping or Engineering teams to get this taken care of as quickly as possible. This even goes for the temperature in your room. While there is a limited range for the temperature setting, our Engineering team is happy to make an adjustment if you find that it's not quite cool enough. Please know our Cast Members are always there to step in and help ensure you're enjoying every aspect of your visit.

While this particular location wasn't the perfect fit for your family, I do hope you'll come back and check out one of our other Resorts on your next visit.

Quinn

Reviewed 2 August 2021 via mobile

We stayed for one week in mid June. Our family had two rooms, which was great. With three teenagers, this was a lifesaver. Having 4 Queen beds and 2 bathrooms worked out great! The only downside, our magic bands did not open both rooms. We had one reservation, but Disney could not figure out., how to get our magic bands to work.The front desk tired but could not get it to work. The CM gave us cards to open both doors, but that still did not work. The front doors to our rooms, would slam shut. We have stayed at values and never remembered this being a problem. Those doors are loud!
The food court was good, the CMs were so friendly and helpful. We also did use the laundry, and it was nice to have a attendant in laundry room. Kids enjoyed the pool. We drove to the parks, so I can not comment on the busses.
Overall, a great vacation, the rooms are nice and we would definitely stay here again

Room tip: Preferred rooms are a must
Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank carolyn p
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at Disney's All-Star Movies Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2021

I'm thrilled we were able to roll out the red carpet and welcome you and your family to Disney All-Star Movies Resort. It sounds like although there were a few bumps during your stay, your family still had an award-winning visit. I sincerely apologize for the frustration caused by your MagicBands being unable to open both connecting doors. Even though our Resort Cast Members were able to assist, I'm so sorry for the inconvenience that this challenge caused.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your blockbuster event of a stay and are thrilled you are already thinking about returning in the near future.

Zoey

Reviewed 29 July 2021

Our family had a good experience at this hotel. The lobby staff were very friendly, helpful, and promptly waited on us every time we went down to get information. People in the gift shop were friendly. The restaurant staff just ok. The pool has a cute little bar and the one bartender was always happy and smiling- however, they could have definitely used another bartender or two at peak times. The pool itself is huge with 3 cool water sprinklers blasting out. And it was never overcrowded, with plenty of chairs and shady spots, and 4 lifeguards always on duty. It was only 3 of us, so i thought the room size was ample. The bathroom was nicer than the room- more modernized. Buses came on time to take you to the parks. The only negative- and other people commented as well- housekeeping never came to take our towels and our trash kept piling up as well. Only thing I wish is there were more restaurants close by.

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank Use the sheld b... M
Disney Social Reviews, Owner at Disney's All-Star Movies Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2021

I always love seeing how our Cast Members really bring the show to life; thanks for shining a spotlight on them! Knowing how this set the scene for your practically perfect blockbuster hit of a vacation is truly fantastic. I'm sorry there was a bit of a snag with Mousekeeping, just know that should you ever be in need of anything at all, you can always use your in room phone to call and we'll make sure you get the assistance needed. Likewise, we want our service to shine, so I'll be sure to mention this and the staffing at our pool bar to Resort Leadership as they're always looking to make each visit as awesome as possible.

We can't wait to see your crew strolling the red carpet again soon for another star-studded stay!

Brie