“Traveling through”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

If you want a speedy lunch this is not the place to go to. We were seated quickly but it took time before our order was delivered. We ordered smoked turkey sandwiches. The one one garlic toast was better than the one on the plain bun which was dry. For our sides we had fries Zandy beans. The fries were thick and soggy. The beans were good but a tad too sweet.

Reviewed 14 April 2018

We stayed at the Sleep Inn last night, which happens to be right next to Sonny's Barbecue. Being tired of riding, we walked over. We were greeted immediately by several staff and seated. The booth seats are nice and cushy. The hostess told us our waitress would be right with us. She was, within 2 minutes. Then the hostess came back after about 5 minutes to make sure our waitress had been with us. I took a look at the salad bar, which was very nice, but in the end I was starving, so I ordered the pulled pork which is just that, in 2 huge pieces of garlic bread. I really just wanted the pork, so I was able to take it apart and eat that along with a choice of 5 different barbecue sauces that were on the table.My husband ordered a side of cole slaw which was big enough for 2 to share. I believe them when they say it is homemade, because it tasted just like what I make at home. We also ordered an appetizer of these corn fritter things which were quite tasty and stayed hot through the entire meal. The whole meal for 2 was $21.00. So good and so reasonable. We were again acknowledged by several staff on the way out. I'd stop again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We were greeted and sat fairly quickly and told that Charlotte would be right with us. After 10 minutes, and watching Charlotte go to a few other tables, we asked the hostess if we actually had a server. Charlotte looked over and said she’d be there. Few minutes longer and she came over to take the order. We told her we were ready to order everything and she stated that she usually likes to get the drinks first. I told her that we’d been sitting awhile and were ready to order everything. Which she wasn’t happy about but maybe she should have been to the table within a few minutes of us sitting and it could’ve worked that way. She had every excuse in the book when she finally brought the drinks out about why it took so long to greet us. At this point we really didn’t care. We just wanted to eat. AYCE ribs were good. The sauces on the table tasted sour as if they’d turned or been combined to many times. We asked for reorder for the 3 adults who ordered the ribs. Upon asking for a second reorder, only 6 came on the first one for 3 people, she said she couldn’t bring anymore until those were eaten (there were 4 left on the plate). Uhh, 3 people eating 2 ribs each... these will be gone before she types it in the computer.
She never brought the second reorder so we just paid the check and left. Definitely will not be back. Not worth the money when you have to deal with customer service like this.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We needed a quick bite to eat and Sonny's BBQ worked for us. Service was fast, food was hot, and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I am a pastor in the community my wife I went to sonny's barbecue and they didn't knowledges us in the drive through then we went to the window didn't help us to order our food. My wife was very disappointed. We call the manager she was so rude and very MAD ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CUSTOMER SERVICE IS VERY VERY VERY ANGRY! WE ARE NOT GOING BACK! TERRIBLE SERVICE, TERRIBLE SERVICE, TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!