“What a Gem Mt. Dora has in Cuban Food”

Copacabana Cuban Cafe
Ranked #7 of 125 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Price range: US$5 - US$19
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Cuban cuisine! Opened since 2009! Delicious and fresh home cooking! Great quality! Voted best mojitos and Cuban sandwich in Central Florida! We take reservations for Special Occasions! We hold large parties!(Indoors & Outdoors seating!) Experienced staff!
Reviewed 26 April 2017

We came as a large group of ladies. Very accommodating. Wonderful Service. Pleasant atmosphere. Indoor & outdoor covered seating (with fans). Even had a piano player that asked if we had any requests. Nice touch. The menu was extensive with a large lunch choice. Fantastic flavors. Kudos to the chef. I had L9 $10.25, the lunch portion of Masitas DePuerco which was very generous. I got the red beans & Spanish rice. Oh my goodness was that delicious. But the pork chunks with a hint of citrus flavor was a hit. Others had a pork sandwich. Also extremely generous. The empanadas were also generous & the dough & filling, oh so good. All the dishes the others had were equally generous & tasty. Good luck in choosing. We will return to try other menu items. 5* Recommend.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

We love Cuban food and were excited to try this restaurant for dinner. Service was good, drinks reasonable but a big no from our group on the food. It did not matter what we ordered, all the dishes looked the same and were smothered in onions. It overwhelmed the taste of the meats. Won't be going back here!

Reviewed 16 April 2017

We always enjoy coming to the Copacabana and seeing Don Alberto. The food is consistently good, and as a fellow Cuban I'm very picky about this type of cuisine. We've been here many times and have brought our families… Always a treat . It does get a little hectic when it's busy, but I guess every restaurant can get that way. Highly recommend

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Yesterday, I had reservations for a restaurant in Mt. Dora to bring a group of friends. When we arrived at the restaurant, it was closed. I had not received a courtesy call and we were left stranded. Just a short walk from the restaurant was Copacabana. When we explained the situation, they were so kind and friendly and accommodated a dozen people in such a short notice. The food was unbelievably delicious and the service was excellent! If anyone is thinking of dinning in Mt. Dora, this is a definite stop to make!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

This was my second visit in the past few years and the food is always good. We did a business lunch with everyone trying something different and no one was disappointed. I had the Cuban sandwich and it was everything I expected. The waiter and staff were excellent with the exception of the checkout which seemed to be the place for the staff to hover. It is located on a side street so keep you eyes focused on the street kiosk sign out on the sidewalk to direct you down the side walkway to the entrance. Looking forward to going back in the near future for another excellent Cuban sandwich.