Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
sskroll
Orlando, Florida

Good Night's Sleep

Review of Econo Lodge
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 Apr 2023
This is an older hotel but the rooms are very clean and i'm not sure I've ever dealt with friendlier staff. They were very helpful. The prices are reasonable and the hotel is right off i-10 and right near a gas station. There is plenty of parking and the room was very quiet.
Date of stay: March 2023
    • Choice Hotels
      $134
    41.9 km from Econo Lodge
    View more hotels in Monticello
    All reviews gas station bed was comfortable good nights sleep older location night's sleep road trip late check plenty of parking interstate
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 27 July 2022

This is obviously an older location but it was a good nights sleep. The staff were friendly and helpful due to the late check in. the rooms were clean and comfortable. There is no coffeepot in the room. The location is right off of the interstate and is easily accessible coming or going.

Date of stay: July 2022
    1  Thank CurtisF214
    Reviewed 20 June 2022

My son and his friends on a roadtrip recently broke down on the freeway and exited onto the closest road finding the Econo Lodge Monticello. They will be forever grateful for the amazing help and genuine kindness show to them in difficult circumstances ~ with no transportation and a flight to catch, the team at Econo Lodge could not not have been more amazing to a young group of tourists from the UK. The team at Econo Lodge pulled together to help and offer solutions. As a mother unable to do anything from overseas, I would like to say thank you to the team and in particular Danielle, for being such great people and showing them the amazing warmth and hospitality the USA is known for. I look forward in the future to visiting you all to say thank you in person.

Date of stay: June 2022
    1  Thank TahoeJane
    Reviewed 3 April 2022 via mobile

Not much sleep. On the back side of the hotel you hear the freeway, and the fishermen departing very early. On the front side, there is a concrete manufacturing facility that operates 24 hours, even on Friday nights. You'll hear the beeping of backing trucks all night and an incredibly loud buzzer, on the half hour.
    The pillows are rock hard.
    The room was very clean, the shower nice, wifi good and the help are all very nice.
    The price has recently increased dramatically.
    I'm very sorry that I won't be using this stop Any longer. It used to be so good.

Date of stay: April 2022
    Trip type: Travelled with family
    Reviewed 7 March 2022

We were only looking for a place to sleep as we traveled through, and for this purpose this Econolodge was adequate. The bed was comfortable and the shower had good pressure and hot water. We were greeted warmly when we checked in. We requested a room that wasn’t on the highway side so it was quiet. However, the building and room are very dated…clearly seen better days. Breakfast was disappointing - a very minimal continental breakfast that lacked many of the basics (milk for oatmeal, etc).

Date of stay: March 2022
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Megan R
    Reviewed 28 January 2022

I've stayed in this Econo Lodge in the past. It was basic but clean. So, I ignored the bad reviews thinking those folks were simply too picky. That decision was a huge mistake.

I checked in late at night. This is what happened:

- The room I booked (1 queen bed, 1 room suite) was not available so I was placed in a standard room without an apology.
    - The lock was broken so I had to get a different room.
    - The furniture was in deplorable condition. The dresser had a broken door. The chair had been sliced open and had a massive stain on it.
    - One bed was missing the mattress pad. The other bad had stained sheets.
    - The smoke alarm didn't appear to be function. There were no lights lit up or flashing.
    - The vent in the bathroom was caked in dirt and mold.
    - When I turned the light on it the bathroom, 5 or 6 roaches were having a party. Most scattered, but one stuck around for a photo.

When I returned to the Office to inform the woman I wouldn't be staying, she said there was nothing she could do. But, she promised that the manager would call me in the morning. It's been over a week and no one has called.

Choice Hotels Customer Service did try to make things right. Still, I'd rather have a refund of the money I paid to this horribly-run hotel instead of points.

It's sad how far this place has fallen. What used to be basic and clean is now dirty and unsafe.

Date of stay: January 2022