Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
tounderpar
Sarasota, Florida

Pretty Good!

Review of Econo Lodge
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 24 Aug 2019via mobile
Would’ve given it 5-stars if I could’ve checked out properly. Office was wide open and no one was around for several minutes. You are 30 minutes or so East of Tallahassee at this location with easy access there. Rooms were very clean and A/C was fresh. Location is right off highway. Beware though: no restaurants deliver. Stop at the subway at the gas station next to hotel if you are hungry. I would stay here again. Good value.
Date of stay: August 2019
  • HIExpress.com
    $268
39.8 km from Econo Lodge
View more hotels in Monticello
All reviews gas station bed was comfortable good nights sleep older location night's sleep road trip late check plenty of parking interstate
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 August 2019 via mobile

It was real late.. I was tired and wanted to sleep.
I was greeted with a smile and given required information.. She was genuinely concerned about my desired room.
I gave the hotel a 5 which it deserves.. It is well maintained and the landscape shows their quest for quality and pleasant stay.
However breakfast is a stretch... closer to a slim continental.. I had yogurt and I will say it was cold. I have had mornings with more that i didn't care for so i would rather the hotel focus on what it did right..
My room was clean and comfortable.. I felt comfortable with parking and my car was just outside the door..
I cant think of anything i would change... thus the 5 rating. Especially the employees. All three I came in contact were pleasant, helpful and happy to do their job.
They definitely deserve a par on the back.
I didn't meet the cleaning team yet they also had done a great job on the room..
I would absolutely stay again...

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank ronald692014
Reviewed 20 July 2019

Stained carpet and chairs. Thin walls. Heard neighbor's tv and conversation through the entire night. Next morn, we went to the motel breakfast at 7AM. Office door and bfast rooms were locked and dark even though bfast hours were listed as starting at 6:30AM. A young woman appeared and unlocked the door. She told us to "give her a minute." Less than 5 minutes later, bfast was out--packaged muffins, a half dozen bagels, a few containers of yogurt, and a puddle of leftover orange juice in a big container. Worst motel bfast ever.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
EconoMonticello, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2019

We are very sorry you had a bad experience. We will share this with our staff and make it better. Thank you for choosing us and thank you for your feedback it is very important to us.

Reviewed 3 July 2019

Four of us were checking out kayaking venues in the area and this motel was the most conveniently located, but it didn't have a pool or even a decent sized meeting/breakfast room. To top it off, one of the guys found bedbugs in his room.
The rooms appear to have been updated and solar panels used to generate more energy efficiency, but the basics are lacking.

Room tip: there are two floors only and the hotel is shielded from the interstate so noise wasn't an issue
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
EconoMonticello, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2019

Thank you for your feedback it is very important to us. We are sorry that we didn't meet your needs. Your feedback is very important to us.

Reviewed 27 April 2019

Room was comfortable for overnight stay with my wife and our dog. However, the 2 chairs in the room had what appeared to be pet stains and we informed Manager about issue. Manager agreed to have issue addressed as soon as we left the room.

Room tip: Room was comfortable for overnight stay with my wife and our dog.
Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
EconoMonticello, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2019

Thank you very much for allowing us to serve you, your wife and your fur baby. We are very please to know you were comfortable. Also we would like to thank you for taking the time out to fill out our survey. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 23 December 2018

Only our 2nd stay at an EconoLodge and have to say that the name says volumes. Located right off the I-10, it was convenient in an area where options are few. The room was clean, the bed comfortable and we had what we needed for a night's sleep and, out the door in the morning. This is an older location and the furnishings and decor are dated. We have no complaints, as the price reflected what we were getting. Very nice gals on the front desk. Helpful and accommodating!

Nothing outstanding about this location so we rate it an "Average"

Room tip: Only two levels but ask for first level because of parking in front and direct entry to room.
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank HotRodHappy
EconoMonticello, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2018

Thank you very much for allowing us to serve you. And also we would like to thank you for taking time out of your day to leave us a nice review. Please stop in and see us again in the future.