“Bring your own hot pepper!”

Silver Spoon Thai & Sushi
Ranked #9 of 141 Restaurants in Miramar
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Thai
Reviewed 3 May 2018

This is a casual Thai-Sushi restaurant in a strip plaza. The food was fair to fine. My one gripe was that they did not have any hot pepper in the house! Upon request, they provided some pepper flakes which were too large to pass through the holes in the dispenser, but that was not a problem - I unscrewed the cover and shook some out but it barely made any difference. They also had one other liquid hot sauce which had no heat to it. They did not have the usual array of hot condiments which I was hoping for and when taking the order they did not ask how hot (spicy) we wanted the food to be. Perhaps the clientele in the area is not pepper-intensive but I was a little put out by the lack of "heat"! The soups were a good portion and quite tasty, but mine was lukewarm and I had to ask them to zap it in the microwave for 30 seconds. We also ordered Jumping Squid, Chicken Pad Thai and Thai donuts, all of which were quite acceptable. They did not serve any white rice with the pad thai and they charged $2 for a side of rice. Prices were in the medium range and service was OK - food was quick to come out of the kitchen.

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

Stopped in late for take out. Quick service 10 min. Food was about average for Thai. We got the Squid oyster sauce was a little watered down. Tofu curry was pretty good but spicy for mild request.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Our regular place burned down so we tried this place. That was 5 visits ago. The Seaweed salad, Sushi, Miso Soup, Pad Thai, Volcano Chicken, Massaman Curry, Yaki Soba, Thai Iced Tea are all delicious. We will continue to come back & order something new their from extensive menu with every visit. Parking can be an issue, best to park at the northern end and walk. Service is OK. The place is not big, most of the business is phone orders.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

Good selection of dishes from sushi to a variety of Thai food. The spicy dishes are not that spicy but are tasty. The service was not the greatest but passable. The small restaurant does get packed at night so I would get there early.

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

When I moved to Miramar 7 years ago A friend of mine recommended Silver Spoon. I became a regular. We use to love the food and service there. Couple years ago they changed the management/ownership and the restaurant started to go downhill.
Yesterday my son requested to go there and we decided to have a dine in.
There were just ONE server, restaurant was full and there were two guys one just taking orders over the phone and one kid that probably still learning. The waitress tried hard, but it's not easy to do everything by yourself.
Food is NOT the same. Yellow tail with jalapeño was not cold, it was served at room temperature, they forgot to put the ponzu sauce at fish lovers, it was a lack of service from kitchen.
I WON'T RETURN.
Still gave her 20% tip because she was trying so hard to do her job and it was mostly kitchen's fault.
I miss the old crew and chef ( Alex ). So sad that I need to find other sushi place. ( actually I love RA Sushi ).
I Don't recommend Silver Spoon.