1,903 results
All reviews matador room matador restaurant ice skating rink le labo jean george white marble beautiful hotel mid beach pool staff an umbrella ocean view private beach resort fee beach service luxury hotel long weekend the ritz carlton
Reviewed 14 August 2018

This is a great hotel as far as service and amenities. The staff was extremely helpful and polite. The bowling alley, ice skating rink and beach were amazing. The only con I have is the price tag. The prices here are much higher than comparable hotels. Valet parking $50 (with taxes), food and drink prices were almost twice what you would expect to pay. The breakfast buffet was pedestrian at best. Eggs, bacon, pancakes, salads and carbs $33 plus tax and mandatory gratuity= $50. I was "upgraded" from a Bungalow to an ocean view room which confused me, as the Bungalow carries a higher price tag. This may be perfect for some, but I can find a much better value elsewhere.

Room Tip: Great amenities
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2018

I will spend well over 100 nights in hotels in 2018, I sure wish they could all be at The Miami Beach Edition.

On this combo business / pleasure trip I sought out the perfect higher-end resort in Miami and researched the choices fairly extensively. The Edition checked all my qualifying boxes in terms of location, style and overall services and offerings. And talk about offerings, they even have a bowling alley and ice rink!

Also, for those more budget conscience, right across the street just steps from the front door is a great liquor store, a convenience store and a Starbucks too. On top of everything else going for this property is their affiliation with Marriott Rewards.

What sold me on the stay, however, was the truly exceptional advance service and recommendations from their concierge staff. I had some specific ideas and was seeking options and pricing and the response was extraordinary. The recommendations ensured that I had a fantastic trip from the business aspects to the personal side trips.

Every member of the staff that I encountered was professional and courteous at the highest level of service orientation and delivery. Every aspect of the hotel and property met and usually exceeded my high expectations.

Finally, if you eat one nice meal in Miami, make it the Matador Room at The Edition. My dinner there was extraordinary with unique dishes and an amazing array of flavors. The Matador Room easily ranks as the best restaurant I have been to so far this year and was one of the top 10 dinners I have ever enjoyed.

I don't get to Miami that often but I know where I will stay in the future. Hands down the Edition.

Room Tip: There's a liquor and convenience store across the street plus a Starbucks too. Super convenient!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Alison S, Manager at The Miami Beach EDITION, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear Steve S,

We sincerely appreciate taking your time to give us feedback. Let us be the first to say, we're so happy to welcome you at The Miami Beach EDITION and are thrilled to hear that your experience was nothing short of amazing. Our location is well thought of to delight you and our service is made to be extraordinarily personal to your needs. We're so glad to hear that our staff personified our excellence values and made you feel satisfied, well taken care of, and right at home. Our ice rink is genuinely one of a kind, so thrilled to hear you were able to enjoy it. Matador Room is exceptionally genuine and unique in cuisine, we're pleased to hear that you experienced it to its essence and left a lasting memory. As always, we look forward to seeing you again and are committed to making your stay with us get better every time.

Alison

Reviewed 10 August 2018

We stayed here last weekend for my best friend's 40th birthday celebration. Overall, we had a really good time. We really enjoyed the food at the all the restaurants - especially the Matador Room which was amazing. Room service, the pool bar, and the Market restaurant were also good. The Nightclub in the basement was super fun - we enjoyed the music. We didn't try the bowling or the ice skating, but it looked like people were having fun there too. We also went to the spa and got massages and had a really nice, relaxing time. Although the steam room in the spa wasn't working and smelled musty.

All in all, everything at this hotel is very pricey. I ordered a glass of sparkling rose at the Matador Terrace (without asking the price) and was shocked to get a bill for $38. For one glass!! Lesson learned. Always check the menu price.

I think our real disappointment was the room. We booked a pool view bungalow. We thought the bungalows would be more of a bungalow and nicer than the regular room. Don't waste your money. I think the only difference is the patio. It's just a room, and a pretty small one at that. We were actually upgraded to an ocean front bungalow - but we must have gotten the crap "upgrade" room because it wasn't the ocean front bungalow on the website. It was right above the public restroom with a view of the trees. You could see a small sliver of ocean through the trees. The pool view room was actually larger with a better view. We asked to switch rooms and were able to switch the next day to a room on a higher floor. But it was the same room with a slightly better view. At least it was above the trees and we could see the ocean. But, there was no soaking tub, no nespresso machine, the internet was terrible - all in all not really what we thought we were getting and paying quite a lot for. So, don't waste your money on the bungalow room. That was the big damper on an otherwise super fun birthday weekend.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money on the bungalow room.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank allie459
Tyson N, Front Office Manager at The Miami Beach EDITION, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Dear allie459,

First, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review of your time here at The Miami Beach EDITION. We truly appreciate that you and your best friend chose to stay with us to celebrate such a special occasion and milestone in her life. We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed the many amenities and venues our hotel offers, such as the restaurants, the pool, room service, Basement and The Spa! It looks as though you were able to get a taste of the full EDITION experience! That being said, I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your rooms as much as you did the rest of the property. I appreciate your feedback on the Bungalow Suites, as we always want to learn, grow and improve every aspect of the services we provide our guests. I would love the opportunity to discuss this further with you so that we can help improve the quality of experience our future guests have and hopefully get a second chance to provide you and your best friend with the vacation and full EDITION experience you both deserve. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Tyson

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Im a local here in Miami ,I visited the hotel about three months ago with some family overseas. Came back this past weekend and lounged on the beach. The staff was excellent with accommodating with the best sits. The beach was clean and well maintain during the day. The pina coladas are to die for. Planning on visting this hotel again just for the beach.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Ramces,

We love our Miami locals. We're delighted to hear that your stay exceeded your expectations in every way. Our wonderful restaurants and property are made to enjoy at every aspect and are so happy to hear your family was able to experience that. We look forward to having you enjoy the Pina Coladas and excellent beach again. Thank you for choosing The Miami Beach EDITION.

Alison

Reviewed 7 August 2018

We booked our crew to stay for 2 weeks at the Edition and it was a wonderful experience! Great beachside suites with a superb beach. Atmospheer was cordial and service very professional....not the Soho House but a lovely spot if you are looking for an upscale property. Restaurants are good

Room Tip: ocean front
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business