1,861 results
All reviewsmatador roommatador restaurantice skating rinkle labojean georgewhite marblebeautiful hotelmid beachpool staffan umbrellaocean viewprivate beachresort feebeach serviceluxury hotellong weekendthe ritz carlton
Reviewed 10 July 2016

I have mixed emotions about this hotel. Not sure we'll be returning.

Pros:
Decor and staff are in all white. Walking in-the hotel is beautiful! My husband and I were greeted by Alex as soon as we exited our taxi and he quickly helped us with our luggage and escorted us to our room. He was very kind, personable, and professional.
We were originally given a King Ocean View Suite on the 7th floor. Our room had a partial ocean view. The view was nice.

Ammenities:
The pools, cabanas, chairs, umbrellas, beach access, and staff are absolutely fantastic. The drinks are pricey but they are positively delicious. The bartenders were great. Funny, personable, very helpful. My favorite bartender has to be Nick. He made the best Strawberry Mojito I have ever had in my life! The only thing free out of the amenities is the pool and the chair on the beach. Jakub was helpful when we hit the beach. I would rate the staff (not management) STAFF, a 10 out of 10!!

Cons:

Expensive. Very expensive. A cup of cranberry juice $7. Mojito and Crown/Sprite almost $50. If you have money to spend, than by all means!

Misinformed by front desk staff. These things were a great inconvenience to us, and it made it seem as though the staff that is responsible for checking in guests are not as professional and informed as they should be.
1.) I contacted the hotel 2 days before we arrived to confirm what fees, if any, needed to be payed at the hotel and the staff member told me none. At the end of the stay we had to pay additional resort fees and resort fee taxes.
2.) Upon placing a hold on my husband's credit card we were informed upon check-in that at check-out our funds would immediately be released. At the end of our trip we were informed that the funds would be released in 5-7 business days.

(pictures are included)
Unfortunately our first night there, 3 pieces of porcelain slabs fell off the wall in our restroom. The porcelain was heavy and it nearly fell on my husbands foot! We immediately called Guest Services and informed them of the situation. They sent up an engineer to look at it and promptly moved us to a new room on the 11th floor but further from the ocean. The room was exactly the same, King Ocean View Suite with partial ocean view/city view. At the end of our stay we were given a $52 credit and 2 free drink "chips" to use at the bar. I'm very disappointed in the way that the management was so unaccommodating given the severity of the situation.

By the way, I would highly suggest using the Uber app-everyone uses Uber in Miama-its about $20 - $30 cheaper in a nicer vehicle.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DeSanchez33
Tyson N, Resident Manager at The Miami Beach EDITION, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2016

Dear DeSanchez33,

Thank you for your candid review of The Miami Beach EDITION. While I am glad to hear you and your husband were able to enjoy our pools, beach and outdoor restaurant Tropicale, I am deeply disappointed with how management dealt with the issues mentioned. This is not the service you should come to expect from EDITION Hotels. The issues you outlined above are being addressed with all teams- front desk, management, and guest experience. We appreciate this feedback as it will help us improve for the future. My sincere apologies for this far from desired experience, and I do hope you’ll give us another chance to see what you can come to expect from our hotel. Please check your messages so I can personally address your experience with us.

Reviewed 10 July 2016

I stayed in this hotel for business so did not get to use the pool, beach or other facilities. The hotel opened about a couple of years ago after the renovation of the historic shuttered beachfront Seville Hotel. The Edition anchors the residential development of the residences designed by the world renowned architect John Pawson. The hotel however is designed by the international design firm Yabu Pushelberg. While the design is light and very modern, I found it to lack warmth and was cold. The guests and staff were mostly young and I did not see too many families. The food at the Market was good and in general the service was friendly and accommodating. The rooms are on the small side and the corridors smelled of cigarette smoke. While this is not a luxury hotel, however, it is a pleasant hotel more geared for young hip crowd.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank foundtravel
Tyson N, Resident Manager at The Miami Beach EDITION, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016

Dear foundtravel,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Miami Beach EDITION and give us your honest feedback. While we are glad to hear you enjoyed our Jean-Georges restaurant, Market At Edition, we are sorry your experience was anything short of enchanting. The issues you outlined are being addressed with housekeeping in order for us to improve for the future. I do hope you’ll give us another chance to see what you can come to expect from EDITION Hotels. Please check your messages so I can personally address your experience with us.

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I traveled from Naples to come to the Miami Edition Hotel. It was amazing! It was raining when we arrived but their are still a few things to do on the property. They have a marble pool table, front lobby bar and the Market Restaurant available .
We walked around the lobby, stunning, all marble. Front desk staff were very professional and generous. We got a ocean view room with a few amenities waiting inside. Room is very modern, chic for a small space. Hearing the waves from the ocean after the rain stopped made it feel so serene.
Went to the fine dining restaurant to have a drink and a few snacks before we went out. Came back late and went to "The Basement" where they had bowling, ice skating and 3 DJ's. It was so much fun! I would definitely recommend staying here when traveling to Miami Beach.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Tyson N, Resident Manager at The Miami Beach EDITION, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2016

Dear Charlotte S,

Thank you for your generous review of our hotel. I am delighted to read that you and your boyfriend enjoyed our Jean-Georges restaurants, Matador Room and Market At EDITION as well as our nightclub Basement. We love to hear you appreciate our contemporary design around the hotel. On behalf of all of us at The Miami Beach EDITION, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

One of my favorite trips! Everyone that works there is friendly & helpful. The people at the concierge were great! And one of my favorite things were the bikes that the Edition loans you. We rode bikes all over south beach. The wait staff, pool boys, beach staff, everyone was so accommodating & friendly. I highly recommend the Edition. Elite customer service is alive & well at The Miami Beach EDITION!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2016

Stayed here for my fiance's bday with one other couple and we had such a marvelous time. Everything about this place was amazing. We arrived at the hotel very early and they were able to accommodate early check-in. The lobby is so modern chic beautiful. The plants were tropical beauties and the scent throughout the hotel is so wonderfully calming. The front desk gentleman with the light hair and suit was such a delight from the first to last moments of our stay. Guest services sent us a delicious surprise which made us both feel really special and welcomed. We went to the beach everyday and the beach staff was such a pleasure. Ihor helped us get set up on the beach each day. He was extremely nice and thoughtful, he even wished us a good morning by first name as we approached the beach. Ernesto was our beach server and he was so friendly and attentive. He was beyond excellent. I miss them both already! We ordered a bunch of different items off the beach menu and all were really tasty. The free flavored ice water by the pool and beach was perfect. We had an ocean view room and it was on the larger side compared to other hotel rooms we've stayed in. Nice top to bottom windows. Loved the modern decor in the room. Bathrooms had an enclosed shower and water closet. Bathroom sliding doors could be opened or closed depending on your preference. We kept them open because we liked the open layout. We loved the turn down service with the complimentary bottles of water. We were so happy to stay at the hotel. We can truly say the hotel grounds are magnificent but the staff really make it such a spectacular place to stay! We can't wait to go back! Thank You! -Christine & Jason

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Tyson N, Resident Manager at The Miami Beach EDITION, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2016

Dear ChristineBunny,

Thank you for your endearing review of our hotel. We are thrilled to hear our superstar staff was able to make your couple's weekend even more enchanting. We strive to offer personalized service to each of our guests and we are glad to hear Ihor, Ernesto and the rest of our team made that happen for you. We also love that you enjoyed the contemporary design around the hotel and were able to take advantage of our lovely pools and beach. On behalf of all of us at The Miami Beach EDITION, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.