1,245 results
All reviews canyon ranch fitness classes thermal experience atlantic pool thyme restaurant juice bar amazing spa publix supermarket beach team spa facilities south beach steam room beach experience beach service special thanks guest services living room
Reviewed 23 December 2015 via mobile

The hotel is lovely, with lots of good energy around it. The beach area is kept clean and it's just perfect location. The 4 pools were magnificent, my favorite one is Sunset, gets the most sun. My sister and I were provided service by Adriana at one of the downstairs pools. Did I mention they have 4? Wonderful! Adriana was awfully kind and very attentive and respectful. Great sense of humor. I recommend this hotel to anyone staying on Vacation on the beach. Service is great and environment is relaxing. Management seems to be doing a good job, keep up the good work.

Stayed: December 2015
1  Thank Luis9441
Reviewed 23 December 2015 via mobile

As a frequent visitor to the carillon I was upset to find that although the spa and
classes are as terrific as usual, the food is worse then ever. We ended up ordering off the kids menu after trying salads one day and sushi the next. No one in our group liked the food.
The sushi rolls were pre made and cold, right from the refrigerator,tasting like grocery store sushi.
Our server arnell was terrific and and did everything to accommodate us. He made us terrific drinks w fruit and was a total sweetheart.
Cody, the the pool manager was great and very hard working. I was very impressed at the service at the pool and beach and Felt it was a step up since the last trip. All the servers did a nice job. The food was the big disappointment of the trip and until it improves we will be eating across the street for lunch at Fifis or burger fi.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2015 via mobile

The Carillon is a true 5 star hotel. What sets it apart is the quality of the staff. They are friendly knowledgable and professional. I recommend the taking the tour when you arrive to see all that the hotel has to offer. The fitness center and spa are incredible, the beaches and pools are great. Our concierge Jased made our stay memorable he had great recommendations for resteraunts and we did a day trip to key west for which he helped plan our itinerary.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John C
Reviewed 20 December 2015

We traveled here in early DEC for Art Basel after selecting Carillon based on several amazing online reviews. But readers beware! The location, situated between South Beach and Bal Harbour is ideal for those looking to stay just outside the fray of South Beach and be on the ocean, but still want to be in close proximity to great shopping and dining; South Beach, Bal Harbour and the Miami Design district are all an easy 10-15 minute drive or Uber. But this property still needs a lot of help if it wants to compete head to head with other hotel properties at the same price point.

The Good: location, proximity to the beach, amazing spa/gym that was developed by the prior owners -- Canyon Ranch, and friendly staff.

The Bad: the rooms in no way justify the price point and need a complete renovation -- from the cheesy pictures on the walls, to the kitchen cabinets falling off the hinges, to the worn floor and carpet. In addition, the bathroom is far too small given the total square footage of the room. And for those looking for an ocean front view, be prepared to have 2 queen size beds; all the rooms with kings only have a partial ocean view. And the furniture on the balconies looks like it was purchased from a garage sale. And for those using Uber, make sure you call the driver and let them know exactly where you are, as Carillon is on a one-way street and finding the entrance can be difficult - so Uber drivers will pass right by and cancel your ride.

Undecided: the food -- while new management has put a lot of effort in to revamping the restaurant, including hiring a new chef -- the food, decor, or service does not yet stand out nor hold its own when compared to the local restaurant competition.

Bottom line, the new owners and management should take a page from the Miami Mandarin Oriental playbook, a property that far exceeds the Carillon on all dimensions at half the room rate.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2015 via mobile

My friends I had such an amazing time during our stay. The hotel is beautiful! My girls and I loved the spa and the beach the most! The customer service on the beach was extremely impressive! Our attendant made sure we all had EVERYTHING we wanted and we made some pretty odd requests! Lol THANK YOU STEVEN D ON THE BEACH!!! We really appreciate you!!! You were the cherry on top for our stay on the beach! :-) People like Steven really make the experience so much better! See you soon for trip #2!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends