26 people are viewing this hotel
US$234
Expedia.comUS$369
Agoda.comUS$237
Hotels.comUS$369
All reviews vending machine hotel design is party crowd limited sun small luxury hotel single sink rooms are pretty small great location on collins pool area fantastic hotel your luggage front desk staff amazing service public spaces free chairs rooms are beautiful lincoln street
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 March 2021

OK, so I research EVERYTHING. This especially applies to where we stay when we go on vacation. When looking over resorts at South Beach, I kept seeing the same thing over and over; people's comments about "the rooms and resort looked old and dated."

So I decided to narrow my list to hotels or resorts that were recently renovated within the past 5 years. This narrowed my list down to a small handful of large resorts and small boutique hotels.

Ultimately I chose the Lennox based on the location, looks of the rooms and public spaces, room rates, and recent renovation status.

I read one reviewer who said the Lennox had "dated facilities and horrible service." This could not be any further from the truth. From my research, I found that the Lenox completed a $71 million renovation in 2019. Shortly after completing the renovation, they remained closed because of Covid. So basically the hotel has been open about 6 months. Dated facilities? WTF. There just is no pleasing some people no matter what you do. My observation was that EVERYTHING was brand new and spotless. For example, the entire pool is tiled with little chuckle tiles. I believe I found one chipped tile. One. You just do not see that these days.

The rooms were completely new. There was a plaque with details about the wood furnishings and sustainable materials and where they came from. Yup, enough pride in your rooms that you provide a plague to showcase the attention to details. Does that sound like “dated facilities” to you?

The public spaces were a combination of what I would consider art deco and a revival of natural elements. No bland hallways needing paint here.

Another reviewer commented about horrible service, basing this solely on believing he was overcharged for something. This IS NOT a reflection of the overall service at the Lennox. The staff was friendly, attentive, and they seemed to genuinely care about their guests. On the day of our checkout, one of the managers actually opened to front doors and himself helped us with getting our luggage out to the street side curb. One day sitting at the pool, I watched an employee walk through and hand fluff the pillows on the empty lounge chairs. Does this sound like a place with sub-standard service?

I saw a couple reviews here complain about not getting daily maid service. Boo hoo… grow up. It is a new environment with COVID. We simply picked up the phone and requested maid service. Within 5 minutes there was a knock at our door for maid service.

Another positive, at least for us, was the location. It was not located right on Ocean Drive. It was a little off the high-trafficked areas of South Beach. At the same time, it was only a short 3 block walk, and we were right on Ocean Drive. The hotel is not located right off the beach. I is however only one short block and you are right on the beach. There is a well marked shack, with an attendee ready to provide you with your own private beach chairs and umbrella, all offered to hotel guests.

The crowd at the hotel was not a party crowd. There was a good mix of business travelers, people from Europe, and from across the U.S. Some reviewers commented about their poolside walkout rooms being a little noisy. REALLY? In my travels I am yet to see a poolside walkout room NOT be noisy. That is what you get by nature of making that choice. Choose building 3 or a room with a walk-out balcony because you are going to get the most privacy with those rooms.

Now for a few small negatives. The new hotel restaurant still is not open. It is a bit inconvenient not having room service. For us, one of the niceties of a vacation is to have a late night snack delivered to the room. It was a bit of a pain to have to get dressed and hit the street just to get some drinks and something to snack on. They say the restaurant will hopefully be open in another month or two. Because it is a small boutique hotel, don’t expect sprawling pool. It definitely is a small pool… but it was about exactly what I expected from a smaller boutique hotel like this. We found that we would have to be out to the pool by 8am to stake out a good lounge chair. That said, people were coming and going on a regular basis, so it did not look like it would be too difficult to find a spot. With the restaurant closed, that also meant the bar at the pool was also closed. This meant bringing in your own drinks.

I will still give this place a 5-star review. At that, it would have been absolutely the PERFECT stay if it were not for the closed restaurant and pool bar. But I had called the hotel to ask some questions before my visit (something I always due, especially in these COVID days), and I already knew in advance about the close restaurant, so my expectations were already properly set.

Room tip: I would defiantly suggest going for a room with a walk out balcony or a room in building 3 for the most quiet rooms.
Date of stay: February 2021
The Guest Experience Team at Lennox Miami Beach, Guest Services / Front Office at Lennox Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2021

Dear Valued Guest,

Words cannot express our gratitude for this amazing review! We are so thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel, our amenities, as well as our location and surroundings and cannot wait to welcome you back for another stay soon!

Sunny Regards,
The Lennox Experience Team

Reviewed 3 March 2021

Really regret staying at this place. The rooms are dated, with no views to speak of. The pool area is crowded.

Worst part is the service. I had emailed them in advance to confirm that they would provide daily housekeeping. Then when I arrive I had to fight to get that benefit since they ordinarily flat-out refuse, even when guests request it.

They also overcharged me and did not honor the benefits associated with the rate I had booked.

Finally, to add insult to injury, they refused to promptly return requests for a copy of the folio after I left -- and failed to credit my stay to my Hyatt account. (I had booked through Hyatt and was entitled to points and elite night credit on this stay.) It took multiple phone calls already and still is not resolved.

Basically terrible all around. Many better options in the area.

Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank jjhughes3
Judith Fernandez, Guest Services / Front Office at Lennox Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2021

Dear Valued Guest,
We deeply regret that your stay was not the typical experience that our guests have at Lennox Miami Beach - please know that all of your concerns are being addressed with the executive management team to ensure they are rectified.
Sunny regards,
The Lennox Experience Team

Reviewed 1 March 2021 via mobile

My wife and I checked in here on 2/23 and checked out 2/27! The experience from the moment we arrived was amazing!! We checked in with Cam and Joe helped us with our bags! Cam took the time to walk us to our room and show us all the features of the room and where everything was in the hotel!! Joe also helped with everything we had he answered all of our questions of where to park and what do or where to eat!! The hotel is like a big beautiful resort but way downsized and more personal! We had a walk out room to the pool!! Yes you do hear a little noise from the pool but that’s expected! Friday was our anniversary we arrived back in our room from dinner and there was a note and a complimentary big bottle of champagne!! They really do try their best to make your stay the best it can be!!! The beach is a very short walk the chairs and umbrellas on the beach are great also!! The smell and ambiance of the hotel was just what we were looking for. We spent weeks looking for that romantic hotel with a reasonable price!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
The Guest Experience Team at Lennox Miami Beach, Guest Services / Front Office at Lennox Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2021

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for capturing your experience in this amazing review! We are thrilled to learn from you and your wife had an amazing Anniversary. We pride ourselves on providing that serene atmosphere and the finest amenities that make our boutique property so special and will always stay committed to that ethos. We look forward to welcoming you back for many future stays!

Reviewed 28 February 2021 via mobile

Joe was there for every request and need. He helps make the Lennox. Joe is a master of finding and assisting with all of your needs. He's an old school guy at a new school property. I look forward to seeing Joe in the near future.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank BrightEnergy

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this amazing review of our hotel! We will be sure to recognize Joe for his commitment to our guest experience, and greatly look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again soon!

Reviewed 26 February 2021

I've stayed at numerous hotels in Miami, and this one is by far the best! The details in the room, pool area, and restaurant are incredible. The front desk staff, and the restaurant manager, Ingrid, were stellar. You cannot beat the customer service that was offered here, so I highly recommend staying at Lennox.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Layla Medina,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this amazing review of our hotel! We will be sure to recognize Ingrid for her commitment to our guest experience, and greatly look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again soon!