5 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$200
Hotels.comUS$196
eDreamsUS$200
1,218 results
All reviews broken shaker shared room south beach cool vibe pool area common areas enjoyed my stay nice pool hostel dorm miami backpackers block roommates hip privacy vibes
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 March 2021

I like people from different cultures, staff people was attentive and helpful. The hosel is one block to the beach, and has free bikes. However, Most hostels have a breakfast and give priority to their customers in common areas, so this is missing at freehand.

Reviewed 2 March 2021

We stayed here hoping to enjoy the pool and bar, which our friend had recommended. But the bar doesn’t open while the pool is open, and then a big crowd of people from outside the hotel came with reservations at the bar and restaurant. As guests paying an expensive room rate (almost $400) we were not able to get a drink or any food except from room service, but then the room wasn’t very nice. There’s a cool vibe at this hotel and I wanted to like it, but wouldn’t recommend staying here. Stay somewhere else and make a reservation for the bar or restaurant instead.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jermaine Andderson, General Manager at Freehand Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Alexdparsons, thank you for the feedback. Yes, our bar Broken Shaker opens in the evening and is open to all guest . Reservations are highly recommended if you want a table. For guest staying with us, we offer an area within our courtyard them to enjoy the vibes look for the red chairs. We hope to see you again.

All the best,
Jermaine

Reviewed 28 February 2021

My daughter and I stayed for two days. If you love old buildings and history THIS is for you. The staff is awesome across the board. The outside area is amazing and beautiful. The BEST linens and towels I seen in ANY hotel. We ordered from the resturant and it was DELISH!! If your looking for a modern new shiney building this is not for you. It's old and has some wear on her old bones, BUT it's like stepping back in history. You can just imagine the people that have come through this hotle through the decades. The smell people talk about is the sulfa water in the ground water. We only noticed when we first checked in. But I lived in south florida I know what sulfa water smells like. It's all over Florida. The Freehand smelled just fine. It's super close to the beach and EVERY resturant you can imagine. We used the FREE bicycles and had a WONDERFUL ride down to southbeach. The only negative was the parking. BUT thats a problem all over Miami Beach. We had a great time and would do it all over again. If your looking for the Hampton Inn or Hilton this is not for you. BUT if you like to try new unique things while still being safe and comportable, then this is a great little adventure.

Reviewed 26 February 2021

The generous and kind staff, concept of sharing space, the herb garden, and the location was a moment of heaven in a challenging tender time we are all living through. I so appreciated the time alone, and the possibility of community when desired.

1  Thank laura Marie t
Reviewed 26 February 2021

I've stayed in both the hotel and the hostel part over the years. I love that it's close to the beach, and the atmosphere is chill and relaxed for Miami. Everything is clean, and the staff always goes over and beyond with customer service. I love this place.