Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
adam w

Bit of a convention/conference feel

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Feb 2024
So the hotel is nice featuring large rooms(and mine had an awesome view) and is walkable to the Brickell area of Miami. However, the hotel seems built for conferences and such if one were a tourist, you should consider other hotels. For example, the pool is tiny, with barely any sun.
Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 23 Feb 2024
Dear O8419NOadamw,

Thank you for choosing to visit to JW Marriott Miami and for posting a review. We are delighted to have exceeded most of your expectations. Our superior location in the heart of Brickell, Miami's hot destination for dining, shopping, and nightlife, offers our guests an enriching retreat to explore Miami. It is also wonderful to know you loved our spacious accommodations and the amazing views.

However, we regret the concern you had with our pool, and we appreciate all your feedback. We look forward to your next visit.

• Hampton
  • Algotels
    $319
0.2 km from JW Marriott Miami
Pool
Enjoy our bayfront hotel perfectly situated at Bayside and downtown Miami
$568
    $265
    $328
3.2 km from JW Marriott Miami
Room service
Gorgeous resort style airport hotel
$251
10.7 km from JW Marriott Miami
Free parking
View more hotels in Miami
1,279 results
All reviews the concierge lounge brickell ave brickell area valet parking very nice hotel fitness center cruise titanium downtown conference elite cvs metromover uber
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 January 2024

I stayed at the JW Marriot Miami for a business conference January 17-19, 2024. I valet my car with the hotel staff for 2 days, which costed me $114. I did not take my car out at all. When I received my car back at the end of the stay, my Gucci sunglasses worth over $550 was missing from its case inside my car. The sunglasses were at the front of my car. Only the glasses was missing from the box. The hotel took my info and said they would call back with a resolution or compensation. I called multiple times but no response. At one point, lost and found said they couldn’t find my report. The staff was rude and offered no solution. They keep saying the manager would call me but refused to give me a phone number. I told them I will report this to Marriot and they said to go ahead but there’s nothing they can do to help. Overall extremely unprofessional, and I felt robbed since I left my car to the care of the hotel staff. They were prescription sun glasses to help me drive but now I don’t have them anymore, making my 4 hours drive home very difficult.

Room tip: Things will get stolen from your car if you valet with the hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at JW Marriott Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2024

Dear Y6955WXkatien,

Thank you for taking the time to show us your concern. Your feedback and also your patience in this matter are much appreciated. We will share your message appropriately as we are committed to enhancing our services on all levels.

Reviewed 27 January 2024

My wife and I recently had an overnight at the JW Marriott (Miami).
The hotel staff made our trip OUTSTANDING! They surprised us with many special touches. Room manager Daniel's attention to detail and kindness is something we will never forget.

The room was spotless and the bed so comfy!
The buffet breakfast had everything we could ask for and more!

We are long time Marriott loyalists and have enjoyed our stays at JW properties. Our stay at the Miami JW was perfect in every way and we can't wait to come back.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank mbreggar
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at JW Marriott Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2024

Dear mbreggar,

Thank you for being our guest at JW Marriott Miami. We want to tailor each guest's visit so they can leave richer than when they arrived, and we are pleased to know how much you enjoyed your time with us, especially our inspired service, luxurious accommodations, and delectable breakfast. Our caring and devoted associates strive to anticipate the needs of our guests, and we will enjoy sharing your generous compliments with them, particularly Daniel. We appreciate your loyalty to our brands and look forward to having you as our guest again.

Reviewed 14 January 2024 via mobile

Old, dated junky hotel. The rooms were dog vomit yellow colored walls, yellow carpet that looks like it was second hand from a 90s cruise ship, and with absolutely zero plugs to plug anything in. Bathroom had traces of black mold, and black mold in shower on ceiling…absolutely gross. All of the evidence stickers on all bathroom products were broken which is a major health and ick issue. I went because it was referred by colleagues, but I screwed up and they said to stay at the Marriott Marquis…and then told me to NEVER EVER EVER stay at the junky JW Marriott. Lesson learned. And I was even on the 22nd floor - the “Presidential Level”. So bad.

*****Not Bonvoy Elite Friendly - violates T&C and lies and randomly calls themselves a convention hotel for no apparent reason in order to deny late checkouts. It is a 25-30 min drive to Miami Beach Convention Center. If they mean they have a ballroom…every JW has a ballroom. Doesn’t make you a convention hotel. It was ridiculous dumb arguing with them. Staff is rude and uneducated about the Bonvoy program. Also no upgrades. Only a warm bottle of water at checkin (many JWs offer sparkling wine at checkin). Nothing luxury about this hotel.

THERE ARE FAR BETTER MARRIOTT PROPERTIES IN MIAMI - DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. IF YOU NEED A JW - STAY AT THE TURNBERRY IN AVENTURA.

Room tip: Avoid at all costs if you are Marriott Bonvoy Elite.
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank ryanstumpp
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at JW Marriott Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2024

Dear ryanstumpp,

Thank you for your loyalty to our brand and for your review. We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issues you encountered and for the frustration caused. Our goal is to provide welcoming accommodations with attention to craft and detail, and we are disappointed that this was not your experience. We value your feedback and will work diligently to ensure this is not repeated. We are also sorry for the service issues you faced; these will be addressed so as to ensure no future guest has to go through the same. We hope you will consider staying with us again; we would welcome the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel.

Reviewed 25 December 2023

We had booked a 4 might stay in JW Marriott Miami during New Year's 2022, but we weren't able to get to Miami from Seattle as our flight was cancelled, rebooked, and cancelled again due to snowstorms and ice conditions at the Sea-Tac Airport. We were able to cancel and get a refund on all our other hotel, rental car, and event reservations, most of which were actually "non-refundable". JW Marriott was the only place we couldn't get a refund from. They first replied to our request with a nice email, telling us that we would get a full refund within 5-10 days. That gave us hope, but there were no replies to our inquires after that first mail and we never got a refund.

Date of stay: January 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank hakkitunc
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at JW Marriott Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2023

Dear hakkitunc,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and frustration you experienced with your New Year's 2022 reservation at JW Marriott Miami. We appreciate you bringing this concern to our attention. We will address your comments with the appropriate individuals, and we thank you for your patience during this time.

Reviewed 15 December 2023

Rude bellman
Awful buffet breakfast
Slow elevators
Staff constantly apologizing
This is not what a jw should be like
There are many other choices in the area

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 437laraineb
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at JW Marriott Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2023

Dear 437laraineb,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for letting us know about your stay. We genuinely care about delivering an exceptional experience to all of our guests; therefore, we sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered. We are grateful for your feedback as we are continually striving to craft enriching experiences for our guests through our inspired service and commitment to quality. Thank you again for choosing us, and we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Miami.