All reviews cookies sunrise room turn down service bed and breakfast across the street spa pool the main house creole room attention to detail carriage house my husband and i french toast mangrove suite wedding anniversary soft music playing beach chairs rose petals
Reviewed 17 October 2018

This was our 4th visit to Port d'Hiver. We have stayed in dozens of B & B's and this is the best. The accommodations are beautiful and so well-appointed. There is great attention to detail. The grounds are lovely. The staff is warm and hospitable and the food is fabulous. They keep a plate of freshly baked cookies out in the dining area at all times. My husband swears they are the best cookies he's ever eaten! Samantha made dinner reservations for us for two nights. Her suggestions were excellent. We will return.

Room Tip: We like staying in the South Cabana.
2  Thank JeannieK140
Portdhver, General Manager at Port d'Hiver, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Thank you for your continued support- we love seeing familiar faces walk through our doors! Trust me, it is difficult to work in an office where those cookies are made daily - I guess that's why it's a secret recipe that keeps our guests coming back for more! We can't wait to see you again. We very much appreciate your thoughtful review.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Spent my honeymoon here and my wife was amazed at how beautiful the scenery was. We had late check in but they made us feel even more special by giving us special notes for directions to the room, we had a congratulations letter on our door at arrival marked with our names. The whole experience was absolutely amazing. The room was very nice and my wife who is one of the pickiest people I know, was completely comfortable and happy and enjoyed every moment of our stay. I would highly recommend to anyone wanting to treat a special occasion ;)

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

We enjoy "picky" travelers because we are also picky! Comfort, cleanliness, luxury, and an attention to detail with warm service are our pillars - so happy you and your wife (congrats!) enjoyed it! We hope to see you all again, perhaps for a 1st anniversary!

Reviewed 12 October 2018

Wow- I'm seriously in awe of this place. I had read all the reviews online and decided this was where we wanted to spend our honeymoon, considering we went during hurricane season and didn't want to go out of the country. They FAR surpassed my expectations- the room was spectacularly clean, beautiful, spacious, and just what we needed to enjoy our honeymoon. This is pretty much how our days would go... we'd wake up, call downstairs to see what they had for breakfast (they wouldn't miss a single detail when they told us what the breakfast was because my husband is picky), they'd make our food (delicious mimosas included), bring it up to our room and set it up on our balcony, and leave us to eat all in a span of 10-15 minutes. We would then go down to the snack room and stock up on drinks, snacks, and back the provided coolers full of ice. They also had umbrellas and beach chairs for our use which was amazing that we didn't have to bring them with us!!! We would spend the day at the beach, come back for wine hour where they provide beer, wine, and hors d'oeuvres (which were amazing every single day). It was great to get to know other people staying at the place and also the staff. I loved how they would sit and talk to us and try to get to know us. They'd even book our dinner reservations for us and any excursions we wanted to take during the day. I cannot recommend Port d'Hiver enough!!!!! We will DEFINITELY be back!!!

Room Tip: Loved the Havana room!
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

You're so sweet to take the time to write such a glowing review, but most importantly, we enjoy hearing how much you loved your relaxing honeymoon - congrats! I love room service - it truly is such a treat. And I'm so happy to hear you had a nice time meeting other guests at our wine hour. Thanks again and best wishes!

Reviewed 10 October 2018

We live in Jupiter Florida, are foodies, and it is that love which originally started what has become regular visits to Brevard County. We often will make the drive to Melbourne to have Sunday brunch at Crush XI and of course we need Stu to make us a drink or two while we are there. Walking around and then the drive back home makes for a very long day so on our last visit we decided to stop by Port d'Hiver and check it out as a potential place to stay one day.

We entered the property, and were greeted by Mike Rydson, who along with his wife Linda, are the proprietors of this very fine establishment. Mike took us under his wing and showed us around the property, like a proud father and he, in fact, has much to be proud of. He showed us two of the rooms, told us about their passion and about the final two rooms that were currently under construction. We got a super good feeling about Mike and Port d'Hiver and vowed we would be back, with suitcases.

It didn't take us long, as a few weeks later we were planning a weekend away with 6 of our best friends to celebrate my wife's birthday, which somehow has become an annual ritual. We stayed in Ella Belle's room which is up the stairs in the original building and HIGHLY recommended. While it is one of the smallest rooms in the facility it is the one I will always plan our trip around. Not only is it super charming, but you wake to an amazing sunrise view of the beach through palm trees which beckons you to get out on the huge terrace and enjoy this amazing daily spectacle. The window next to the bed was open each evening and the ocean breezes were too good to be true as was the sound of the waves crashing at the beach.

The terrace is huge and wraps around two sides of the building and is shared by those staying in Walter's Suite. We had great friends in the room while we were there so the terrace became a meeting place for all 4 couples as we sipped rum, drank wine, laughed and had one hell of a great time.

I have never been a "bed and breakfast" guy but can tell you I will never book lodging in Brevard County again in any other spot. The bed part of this establishment are top notch and the breakfast part is simply unbelievable. Again, we are foodies, and I was blown away by everything each morning with perfect tables and food that was equally perfect and delicious. Do NOT forget to grab one of the freshly baked cookies that are always on the table and the combination of coconut, macadamia nuts and chocolate are so amazing they would turn a cookie hater into a cookie lover in the blink of an eye. They really are that good.

If that was as far as the experience went at Port d'Hiver, it would have earned 5 stars already but it truly is the staff that makes this Bed and Breakfast what it is. Each, and every, person we ran into had a huge smile on their face with a can do attitude for whatever you needed. It was clear that each lived being there and it showed.

Perfect weekends do not happen without the perfect place to rest your head. We had the true pleasure last weekend of living the dream and cannot wait to return very soon. I will be dreaming about those cookies unit then....

Room Tip: I can personally highly recommend both Ella Bella's Room and Walter's Suite. Stunning!
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Wow - your review is absolutely amazing, we are "blown away!"- we could not be more appreciative of your kind words when detailing your vacation. However, we are most excited to hear that you had a 'perfect' weekend. We can't wait to see you all again...we will have some warm cookies waiting upon your return!

Reviewed 4 October 2018

My husband and I visited The Kennedy Space Center and decided to relax on a nearby area. We discovered Port d'Hiver on Melbourne Beach: A delightful, elegant, friendly and generous B & B. The staff is wonderful, the amenities pentiful. The food and wine delicious. Port d'Hiver is the perfect place to enjoy hospitality at its best. We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: The Ella Belle's room has a wonderful balcony with delightful Ocean Views.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple