All reviews hilton app hilton honors points closet door hurlburt field nice and clean hotel fort walton beach santa rosa comfortable beds thoroughly enjoyed our stay whole week easy access good size wonderful hotel breakfast was delicious would definitely stay here again fresh fruit wonderful stay
Reviewed 15 October 2018

I am a Hilton Diamond member and travel very frequently for business and leisure. I often travel with my family including my wife who is partially blind and our service pet. At check in we made the staff aware that we brought our service animal and made our way upstairs to our room. We had just driven 5 hours to our destination and were very hungry. We decided to grab some seafood and went downstairs to ask the staff where the best food was. They suggested the beach and gave us directions. We thanked them went about our way. 30 mins later I received a call from the front desk manager that our service animal was barking and that the hotel was "not a kennel" and that "we need to return IMMEDIATELY. We quickly finished our meals and made our way back to hotel. Once we returned the staff informed us that a neighboring room had complained about the dog barking and that they were "concerned for the dogs safety." However they refused to let us back into the room until the front office manager arrived which was 20 minutes later. Once she arrived she promptly informed us we were no longer welcome due to the fact that we left our dog in the room unattended as she cited the hotel policy. I told her the hotel policy never mentioned that the animal cannot be left unattended as we have been on dozens of trips in dozens of Hiltons and never had a problem before, not to mention the front office staff saw us leave with out the dog and even gave us directions on where to eat. She refused to waiver on here position and we were forced back on the road to drive 5 hours back home. Worst experience ever.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank akwamewilliams
HamptonMaryEsther, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mary Esther-Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Dear akwamewilliams,

Thank you much for your feedback. I have been anticipating this feedback as it ranks amongst the worst situations in our hotel to date. The staff was courteous and professional to you every step of the way. As we spoke, we had no choice but to stare in awe wondering why a guest would say it was up to my staff to stop him from leaving the hotel and leaving his service animal alone in the room. As we are not police, we cannot stop you from coming and going from the property and always hope our guest exhibits common sense. What you and your partner did is a gross misrepresentation of how a customer should behave in any facility. The staff was simply looking out for the well being of an animal that consistently barked for an extended period of time, as well as the safety and comfort of our guests. Moreover, these rules are not made by the hotel and are stated in the ADA guidelines. Let me remind you we are not a pet friendly hotel, but accept guests with service animals as per the laws and regulations of our country and Hilton Worldwide. With that, comes a set of rules and responsibilities by both the guest and the hotel. One of these responsibilities is that the service animal must be “under your control at all times”. As a customer you are always appreciated despite any notion this situation may have created. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had to go to Destin for a family wedding. We did not want to pay a lot for a one night visit as we were just in town for a wedding. This place served the purpose and more. The location was great as it was 15min from Destin. The price was within our range. The hotel was clean (except for the floors could have been a little cleaner as our socks were dingy after walking on the floor) and the continental breakfast was very good for a hotel. There was a variety and fresh strawberries and blueberries for the waffles. My husband had the breakfast burrito wrap and enjoyed it. The check in was smooth and the staff was friendly. There are fast food places near by and a mall close as well.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Guestrelations2017b, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mary Esther-Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Dear MicheleRobBenson - Thank you for the amazing feedback and for being an amazing guest! We're happy to know that you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe hot breakfast. We are glad to know that you liked our location. We're really glad that you enjoyed the stay. We take great pride in our customer service, it's good to hear that we're meeting your expectations. Thanks for staying with us!

Reviewed 9 October 2018

The hotel was bright and cheery, and I am thinking it is a newer property. We arrived arrived after 9:30 pm after a long day of travel from Boston area and a delayed flight out of Atlanta. When we rrived, we were tired and weary and asked the front desk clerk if we could have a late checkout. She said she wasn't authorized to grant our request and would leave a note for the manager on duty the next day. We slept fairly well and went downstairs for coffee early even though we were not really refreshed from a short night's sleep. I asked the front desk woman about a late checkout, and she refused our request stating the hotel was full October 6. Let me just say, I rarely ask for late checkout and have almost 500,000 Hilton Honors points. This woman did not check our record to see what time we arrived the previous evening October 5, did not check to see if I am a Hilton Honors guest, or check to see what level HH we are. I did tell her we arrived late previous evening. She just said no, period.....no level of checking to see if we could be afforded a little extra customer service. Nothing extra. So, this is not a good experience to report. For sure we will not recommend to our family and friends for the wedding party (min. 5 rooms) for future stays. Sorry, Hampton, you blew this one. I do see opportunity for customer service training for this manager, however.

Room tip: Choose 4th floor
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank loist51
Guestrelations2017b, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mary Esther-Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear Guest - Thank you for taking the time to complete your review and offer your feedback about your stay. I am deeply regretful that we failed to meet your expectations and that you did not receive the level of excellent service that we strive to provide for all our guests. We will certainly take this opportunity to coach our team on these areas to prevent these issues from occurring going forward. We do hope that you allow us the opportunity to welcome you again and to prove that this was an exception from our normal offerings. Thank you again for your valuable feedback!

Reviewed 30 September 2018

I chose this Hampton Inn Hotel because of the excellent reviews and rating is has on Booking.com. My fiance and I came down for the weekend to get married on Navarre Beach. We consistently stay at Hampton Inn Hotels because of the consistently above-average experiences we always with them. Once again, we were extremely happy with our stay. The staff were always courteous and helpful. And when a front desk attendant found out we were marrying that Saturday, we came back to find a special surprise left for us on the bed. The house keeping was superb! We had my two step daughters with us and they can be messy but every time we came back in the evenings, the room was spotless. The girls and my husband and I all enjoyed the outdoor pool so much! And the breakfast menu was better than at any hotel we've ever stayed at. We're already planning to come back on our 1 year anniversary. We'll be staying with Hampton again! 10 out of 10 stars!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Guestrelations2017b, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mary Esther-Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Guest - Wow! Congratulations! I am so delighted that you chose to celebrate such a special occasion with us. I am glad to hear that our hotel and our staff were instrumental to make your celebration memorable. I am so glad to hear that your stay was so wonderful, especially during such a special occasion! Yes, definitely looking forward to celebrating your 1st anniversary and also you are welcome to celebrate other special events during the year! Wishing a happy future from all of us at Hampton Inn & Suites Mary Esther-Fort Walton Beach. See you soon. :)

Reviewed 27 September 2018

Good hotel and close to shopping, resteraunts, short drive to beach. They have a pool, gym and free breakfast area. Free coffee 24/7. Rooms are clean, up to date. Complimentary Internet was fast and suitable for my needs.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Guestrelations2017b, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mary Esther-Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Dear Guest - Thank you for taking the time to leave us such an amazing review! We truly appreciate your business and your trust in us. I am very happy to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us and all the facilities we provided. Maintaining a clean and peaceful environment is one of our priority. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you again in the future! Safe travels!