“Work Lunch ”

Athena Roasted Chicken & Deli
Ranked #4 of 7 Quick Bites in Maitland
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Came in today for the first time with a few co-workers. As soon as we got close to the front door you could smell the chicken. As far as I'm concerned, that was very inviting. The restaurant was very clean and you could tell that they were just starting to get busy (it was around 1130).

It felt a little loud while trying to order and the cashier and I had to ask each other to repeat each other a few times.

I got the chicken, rice pilaf, and roasted potatoes. The chicken was delicious and the rice was really good. The potatoes were a little on the salty side, which is good and bad because I love salty foods but I'm currently trying to lower my sodium intake.

I also got a baklava, which I found to be a little smaller than I'm used to, but it was so darn good!

The outside seating only seats two people per table and the 4-seaters inside the restaurant were a little too tight for four average-sized men.

I would definitely be coming back here.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (84)

Reviewed 23 January 2021

When my food was being prepared, the fat sloppy owner grabbed my pita bread with his bare hands and I called him on it. I asked him to replace the pita because that's unsanitary especially in a Pandemic. He almost cursed me out and told me not to return, which I will not of course. Be careful...

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 8 April 2020 via mobile

I stopped by on a business trip and it was delicious. The prices were good, and the chicken makes your mouth water from the second you walk through the doors.

The inside is inviting and cozy, with plenty of seating. There are plenty of options, but I've only tried the gyro. It was delicious and filling!

If you're in the area, give it a try.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 10 December 2019

First time at this restaurant, and I wasn't disappointed. Less than $7 for a nice sized pita wrap. I got the Chicken Gyro, which has roasted chicken, homemade tzatziki sauce, and Mediterranean salad, all wrapped in a hot pita. I wouldn't change a thing and will most likely be coming back when I'm in town.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 27 July 2019 via mobile

I eat at Athena Chicken all the time. The food is always great. Extremely consistent and fast. Great to eat in or carry out. Certainly a very popular place for the locals to dine.

Date of visit: July 2019