“Elegant With Exceptional Food”
Review of ANTONIO'S Maitland

ANTONIO'S Maitland
Reserve with OpenTable
ANTONIO'S Maitland is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 65 Restaurants in Maitland
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Maitland Ave South
Description: ANTONIO'S offers distinctively different dining experiences and one of the finest Italian market; all-in-one place. Upstairs is the RESTAURANT known by all the locals for greater Italian food, delicious fresh seafood, Certified Black Angus beef and daily Chef’s creations. The experience is uplifting and will impress with the blending of old world tradition and modern creativity. Downstairs is the MARKET & CAFE its casual yet modern dining experience, surrounded by one of the finest Italian market. Renown for its multi-awarded pizzas, the CAFE offers rotisserie chicken, appetizer’s, salads, fresh pasta’s, entree’s and daily specialties. with its unique Shop-and-dine concept you can select a bottle of wine from the boutique market and we will cork it at your table. The MARKET offers a selection of fine gourmet food imports, including Regional delicatessen of taste, authentic cold cuts, alpine cheeses, specialty products, and some rare findings.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I cannot commend Antonio's enough for accommodating my dietary restrictions and still providing me with a delicious meal. The chicken piccata was exceptional. And the wait staff was incredibly attentive. The atmosphere has an old world Italy feel and is perfect for a special occasion.

Date of visit: November 2018
Les C, General Manager at ANTONIO'S Maitland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We are proud of our kitchen. They take dietary needs very seriously and enjoy using other ingredients to create the best possible meal. Scratch cooking, while more time consuming, certainly affords us the ability to meet almost any dietary need or limitation.
We sincerely appreciate you sharing your experience and look forward to serving you in the future.

Les Callahan
Antonio's

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Antonio's was incredible! I came here with my boyfriend for lunch on a Saturday in the downstairs market. I didn't really know what to expect walking in, it looks like a wine and small food market. It was divided into food cases on the right, walls of wine on the right as well as three seating areas for dining.

The two gentlemen hosts inside the door were friendly, welcoming and engaging. They spoke to us briefly about the wine and scotch offerings and asked great questions to be able to recommend a wine to purchase from their many, many options on the wall to enjoy with lunch.

We sat in one of the three seating sections they have divided off with a half wall of shelving with things for sale: jams, salsas, crackers, dried pasta etc. The section we sat in was lower lighting, more intimate and cozy with smaller tables and less of them, which I appreciated. The other two areas are larger and seemed better fit for groups of four or more and were louder.

Our waitress came right over with bread, butter and water. She was attentive and checked back with us often as we took some time to order as I was looking at the menu and talking a little too much. The bread was soft, warm and they gave us a few varieties.

The menu offered a little of everything. Appetizers included caprese, garlic knots, bruschetta and a few others.
Main dishes included Italian classics: lasagna with meat & red sauce or chicken lasagna with white sauce, eggplant parmesan, ravioli, spaghetti, penne, lots of chicken options, soups, salads, pizza, and fish options.
It was very hard to choose, but I had the chicken lasagna and my boyfriend had the eggplant parmesan.

My chicken lasagna was huge! I should have cut it in half but we had plans after lunch so I couldn't take it with me. Naturally, I didn't want to waste it so I ate the whole thing! It was several layers with lots of creamy, incredible white sauce. I dipped several pieces of bread in the sauce also. It was very flavorful and filling. My boyfriends eggplant parmesan was crispy and delicious. The portions were very generous.

After the entrees, they offered dessert from the menu or you could choose anything from the cases in the market also. We were way too full to indulge but I will be trying something in the future.

It was a great experience. I will definitely be back for lunch again, buy something from the market cases offering things to go, sides, desserts, fish, lots of tempting options.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

If you sit downstairs, it is less formal and the food was quite good! We had the anti pasta appetizer and was plenty for 4 people. I had the fish special and it was amazing! The cheese ravioli and the tortalinni was fantastic. The spaghetti and meatballs were good and the meatballs were huge! We enjoyed our meal so much!

Date of visit: November 2018
Les C, General Manager at ANTONIO'S Maitland, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2018

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience.

Reviewed 1 November 2018

This is a nice restaurant with a deli/grocery/wine-liquor store on-site. Have eaten at the upstairs restaurant once and the downstairs cafe twice. All experiences were really terrific. The decor of the place could use some updating, but it is clean and inviting if you like the "old-world/old-timey" feel. Service is personable and attentive, and the food is above average. This is easily one of those spots that you find yourself going back to often because it is so good, or because you will appreciate its consistency. Prices are competitive.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 19 October 2018

Went twice within a month, once with my wife and once with a group. Both times the service was was professional and friendly. The food is always tops with a great selection of Italian dishes. I was surprised that my steak was as good as any I have had at steak restaurants. The oso buco is always a winner. This is a local standby for a long time and the downstairs deli is great for more casual times.

Date of visit: June 2018
Les C, General Manager at ANTONIO'S Maitland, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2018

Thank you for your review. Six week aged Black Angus Beef cooked over the Oak wood grill is hard to beat.
We look forward to your return visit