“Memories Of Bihar”
Review of Singh's Roti Shop

Singh's Roti Shop
Cuisines: Caribbean, Indian
Reviewed 5 March 2021

Sattu roti, chokha, kachori! Brought back memories of Bihar which is where most Jamaicans originated. It is a hole in the wall and very reasonable priced. Order the veggie roti and you will get a humongous roti (like a lacha paratha) stuffed with sattu along with 5 different subzis. Very filling! All for less than $8.

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank ZenHealer7
Write a reviewReviews (19)

Reviewed 21 December 2019 via mobile

Love Mr Singh and the food is the Best. I travel from Texas and this is the first place I come too! They always have functions going on especially the weekends!!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 7 October 2019

We had dinner here and the neighborhood is a bit sketchy getting here but the place is located in a strip mall. We had the goat doubles and we each had a cup of dahl and shared one veggies roti. The portions were huge! The food was delicious. We were served quickly and the staff were so nice and friendly and answered all of our questions. This is a small family owned place and is more of a takeaway stand. They do have a few tables and sell a few kinds of beer. The food was awesome! I totally recommend this place.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed 5 January 2019 via mobile

A small place in a strip mall. The restaurant does a take-out business but also has limited indoor seating. I arrived when it wasn't busy. I ordered and paid at the counter, then took a seat.

Loud, lively Trinidadian background music that resembled Jamaican reggae bombarded the room. Normally this would have annoyed me while I dined, but it seemed to fit in with the atmosphere.

I started with the vegetable roti entrée. The veggie items (potatoes, green beans, garbanzos, pumpkin and a green leafy veggie that could have been spinach or collard greens) varied in spiciness and flavor. This food was above average. It came with lots of the roti bread.

Next was the goat roti, which came with potatoes and green beans. The goat meat was packed with bones and laced with trimmings. It had some flavor, but I couldn't eat much of it because of all the gristle and bones. I left the vast majority of this lousy entrée. I would recommend against anyone getting this.

The food wasn't cheap. I have no desire to return.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed 22 September 2018

This shop is amazing The Food amazing and fresh every time. The best part is the Owners they are so friendly and so kind. They speak with you about local events and Soca parties and Caribean Events are posted everywhere. They recently upgraded the small restaurant - with Technology. You may wait a moment for your meal but it is hot and SOOOOO good.

Date of visit: September 2018