“What a Treat”

MOJO Federal Swine & Spirits
Ranked #62 of 473 Restaurants in Lakeland
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My fiance loves BBQ, so I knew he'd love this place. We were leaving Sun N Fun and looking at restaurants in the area online and stumbled across this place and were sold.

To begin, I was aware that this was not a restaurant designed for vegetarians. Being from Tennessee, I know that even vegetables are typically prepared with meat. I love side plates, so I knew that doubling up on any meatless sides would still be enjoyable for me. There was a 20-25 minute wait when we arrived. They let us know that we could order drinks at the bar or see a floating server who was helping others waiting in the entry area. We got a drink at the bar just before happy hour ended. About 10 minutes later, we were seated.

Our server was awesome. He was young and had light blonde-ish hair. I told him I didn't eat meat and he helped me pick out which sides were safe. He also helped my fiance pick his entree. We weren't familiar with BBQ styles from regions outside of our own, but with help we figured everything out. I asked for my water without a straw and he brought it without a straw. He saw us finishing our drinks and helped me pick my next drink. He was perfectly attentive! I ate 95% of my food and could not handle any dessert. I had a lot of fun and would recommend this place to anyone visiting the Lakeland area.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

10 of us and a toddler turned up as they don't accept bookings and only had to wait about 15 minutes for a table. We sat outside on a very nice patio area which apart from being a little close to one of the BBQ smokers was very pleasant.
Drinks were great value as we arrived during happy hour ( 4-7pm ) and there was a good selection of beers and cocktails included.
Food was way above the normal BBQ fare. I had the 2 meats plate which was dry rubbed ribs and some of the best brisket I've ever had. Hand cut fries, great beans and texas toast completed the plate. Very good. My wife had what she described as the best buttermilk fried chicken she'd ever tasted. High praise indeed. She also got some monster size onions rings... no honestly, I wish I'd taken pictures.
The rest of our party were also very happy with their choices and we will definitely return. I've a funny feeling that next time we may have to wait longer for a table. This place is going to be popular.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When I arrive I requested a table & was told I could wait @ the bar till I was called. I sat at the bar & the bar man put a menu in front of me, when I asked about happy hour, he sighed, mumbled something & gave me another menu, I requested my water to come without straws & he gave me straws anyway.
I was then called for my table, where i was served by a lovely waitress, the food was greasy.
Not worth visiting unless its for happy hour only.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

You can’t go wrong here me and my wife stopped in for lunch great food nice atmosphere. I had the portobello sandwich and my wife had a vegetable plate both were delicious, plenty to choose from plenty of food on your plate prices are more than reasonable. Since it is downtown you may want to park in the garage and take the nice little walk to get their wait times are usually reasonable if you’re in town I definitely recommend you stopping in.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Mojo Federal

This place is new since my last visit to Lakeland, and boy what a fabulous addition it is. I only had drinks so can’t comment on the food.

The building is spacious, airy and spotlessly clean. The great thing here is that even outside of happy hour drinks are sensibly priced, but inside they represent unbeatable value. In addition they have a special deal every night on a fixed rotational basis, so if you fancy a few beers with friends you know that Thursday is a great night to visit as that’s the night for that particular deal.

Staff were attentive and friendly. Beer choice was all you could need and there were great selections of other drinks available, most notably scotch.

If you want a drink in downtown Lakeland then look no further. Highly recommended.

In summary:

+ Great beers at keen prices
+ Variety of deals all of which you really can use
+ Friendly and helpful staff
+ Good atmosphere in a well presented interior

- Nothing

Key question: Would I eat or drink here again?

Yes, definitely