All reviewsscreened in porchtiki hutzero entryfull kitchentime sharehurricane holeduval streetpool areamaster bathtimeshare resortminute drivesmall beachwasher and dryerold townman made beachsecond bedroomgulf of mexico
Reviewed 1 February 2016

We are huge fans of the Hyatt and all their properties because we know we can count on it always being clean, friendly and beautiful. This was no exception. The units are very large two bedroom, two bath with a full kitchen, living area and a great deck! We felt very much "at home" on our recent stay. The overall property was well-kept and very pretty. It was also nice and quiet.

We discussed at length on whether to stay at the other Hyatt property which is located on Front Street right in the middle of all the "action". I think there are pros and cons to this. While we had fun walking all over the area on and near Duval, there comes a point when you just want to have some relaxation and quiet time. Because Key West is so small, it was only a 10 minute drive from the Hyatt Beach House to anywhere we wanted to go. So, we were glad we chose the Hyatt Beach House. They have a GREAT little Tiki Bar right on property that makes terrific drinks and actually some really good food. But it's not all touristy and loud which was great.

Also, the Hyatt Beach House is close to where the grocery store is (about a mile from property), so you can save money by stocking your full size fridge and cooking some meals. That's a huge plus as then you have more $$ to spend doing other things.

We would definitely stay at this property again. It would be great for two couples as well if you want to give yourself a luxury vacation without a huge cost. The two bedrooms/baths are at opposite ends of the unit, so you do have your privacy if you travel with someone.

Oh, and they also have kayaks and paddleboards for rent. I did my first kayak here, and it was so zen and peaceful. Lots of fun!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank hunnylvr
Derek N, General Manager at Hyatt Residence Club Key West, Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2016

Hunnylvr,

It sounds like you had such a well rounded trip to Key West & the Hyatt Beach House. Thank you so much for sharing! It is great to hear you enjoyed one of our hidden gems, Jimmy's Ocean Blue Tiki Bar. It's such a great location, right on the Gulf of Mexico and has some of the best fish tacos in town. It's great to hear that you'll be returning to our serene resort. Please look me up when you come back. I'd love to say hello and would like to thank you in person for your thoughtfulness and loyalty.

Reviewed 1 February 2016

Spent a week in Key West with my family. We were very pleased when the resort was able to secure two units next to each other and on the first floor, which made coming and going easy with a young child. Many of the pictures of the resort appear to be outdated as we were presently surprised to find updated appliances, furniture and TV in the unit. The Pool and beach area was also much more landscaped than expected and felt like a serene little paradise complete with hammocks, cabanas and pool lounge chairs. We spent plenty of time by the pool soaking up the sun and enjoying a clean sandy beach area, which is rare in Key West. While some reviewers complain about the distance from Duval/Downtown, we enjoyed having the best of both worlds: the large space and amenities of a resort with a short trip to the narrow, crowded streets of downtown. An added benefit was the onsite Tiki bar. Shannon was our regular bartender and she made delicious handcrafted cocktails and offered great recommendations of restaurants to visit. The only cons were what was already mentioned by other reviewers: a few sugar ants in the kitchen, the floors quickly became sandy in our unit (we recommend adding heavy entry mats to every unit), and frequent sirens based on the location. Despite these, I would definitely stay again as it was the perfect, relaxing fit for our vacation.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family

Derek H,

First of all, let me compliment you on such a great first name! Secondly, thank you so much for your glowing endorsement of our wonderful resort! I'm so happy that Shannon at Jimmy's Ocean Blue Tiki Bar made your stay special. She does a tremendous job, loves what she does and is always a delight to be around. I do apologize for the hiccups you had while you were here but am glad they didn't deter you from having a great time. Thank you again for sharing your relaxing experience with the Trip Advisor community. Please come back and see us again very soon!

Reviewed 25 January 2016

Less than ok condo property. On the good side, the rooms were very nice inside, clean and well laid out. The pool area and lounge area are very centrally located and enjoyed very much. Easy parking. On the improvement side, our Unit (D11) was too close to the check in and was way too loud with maids and maintenance coming and going. There was no privacy. The exterior is very tired and needs work including paint. The deck surface needs immediate repair and is prone to slivers (make sure you wear shoes).The front desk was hot and cold....very nice guy in the beginning and a "could careless" women at the end.This property is too far out from old Key West and Duval. Each time we had to drive (not far, about 5 minutes and then find parking). We heard constant sirens from Fire and Ambulances (not Hyatts fault, just location.) Value did not meet expectation. Would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Do not get a room near the check in and get a unit on level 2 or 3
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Derek N, General Manager at Hyatt Residence Club Key West, Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2016

p2211aul,

Please accept my apologies for our resort not exceeding your expectations during your recent visit. I am glad you liked our rooms, pool area and easy parking but am sad to hear that you will not be returning to our lovely resort. We strive to offer warm, welcoming service and are perpetually looking for ways we can improve. I have already discussed your comments and concerns with our team leaders and genuinely thank you for sharing them.

Reviewed 18 January 2016 via mobile

We had a rainy week and spent more time than usual in the room, so we noticed more than we would have otherwise...

CONS: Tiny ants everywhere in the room..reviews on Yelp have been saying this for the past 3 years, unfortunately I only checked tripadvisor. Also, the cleanliness of the room was subpar. The shower rack had green slime in both bathrooms, outdated wicker furniture had dust imbedded in the armrests, and the floors needed steam cleaned. Our coffee machine was broken, but maintenance quickly brought us another (great!). The condition of the room was due to years of lacked TLC.

PROS: the resort was 3 miles from Duval, so we were away from the noise. But also required us to have a rental car (bikes/scooters would've been perfect had we had nice weather). The hotel had a decent sized pool and hot tub with plenty of chairs. Starbucks coffee in the lobby. Beautiful view of the water and others jet skiing and boating. Small tiki bar, but very fresh drinks - must get the watermelon mohito! Also, at a cost, paddle boards and kayaks are available to rent.

Overall, a nice stay. But would probably not return to this resort if visiting Key West in the future.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Derek N, General Manager at Hyatt Residence Club Key West, Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2016

Kelly K,

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the unsatisfactory condition of your room during your stay. We do have extensive pest control and deep clean programs in place to prevent complications like these and hope we were able to make amends for any shortcomings while you were here.

I wish the weather would have been better during your visit but am pleased to see that you enjoyed serenity of our resort, our daily complimentary Starbucks coffee and our Watermelon Mojitos! I wholeheartedly appreciate you taking the time to assess our resort and would be grateful if you had time to share some additional details. I can be reached directly at 305.809.5100 or via email at derek.nelson@hyattvoi.com. Thank you again for your sentiments. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 17 January 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt Beach House for 4 nights. The location is about 10 to 15 minutes to Mallory Square. The Hotel was very nice each unit is a 2 bed room 2 bath with a full kitchen. The pool and hot tub were very nice. A very small beach if u could even call it that. The only problem is we had sugar ants everywhere, we called the front desk they had someone spray, it only helped a little bit. I am not one to stay in bug infested hotels so I was a bit disappointed with the Hyatt Brand. They do have a Tiki Hut open 11-7 and the burger was Delicious. They also have grills, bocce and cornhole.

Stayed: January 2016

Toni S,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and observations with the Trip Advisor community. We love hearing from our owners and guests. I'm glad that your stay was pleasant overall and that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and the Tiki Bar's island fare. I'm glad our treatment helped with the sugar ants but regret that we did not exceed your expectations. If there is anything I can do to make things right, please call the resort and ask for me directly. Thank you again for your constructive comments. I hope to welcome you back again some day soon.