“Lovely Retreat”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Lovely Retreat”
Reviewed 20 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

I live in NYC and recently stayed in Papaya Place for six days with friends. It provided me with a much-needed retreat from my hectic life. The bright, clean and colorfully decorated Papaya place is both spacious and cozy and has all the comforts of home. The pool and newly refurbished beach area are spectacular as are the grounds and gardens on the property. After swimming in the beautiful pool, the outdoor hot tub relieved the stress, aches and pains of my usual action-packed work week. Located across from a Nature preserve, I was overjoyed listening to the birds and watching them fly through the lush vegetation as I felt healing energy relax and calm my overactive brain. Spending time on the deck gazing at the many indigenous plants, birds, and flowers was awe inspiring. Attractions and restaurants are a short bike or cab ride away, but I was looking for more rest than recreation and enjoyed the fact that Papaya Place is not too near the hubbub of Duval Street and is so near the water. I can’t wait to plan my next visit to Papaya Place!

Robin R
Key West, Florida
“Tropical Paradise in Paradise”
Reviewed 28 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

At night, the frogs in the bird preserve next door sang me to sleep. In the morning, the cooing of the doves awakened me. What a splendid, quiet place to rest and write. The Olympic-sized pool has two marked lap lanes and plenty of lounges. It is surrounded by acres of gardens festooned with orchids and flowering shrubs. The Japanese take "Forest Baths" by walking through the native trees. With two bird preserves, the Garden Club and McCoy Indigenous Park all within walkng distance my wilderness longings were satisfied even in the "Where the weird go pro" craziness of creative Key West. The decor of the apartment is warm and comfortable. I loved the open shower, but used the hot tup beside the pool to ease my aching back. The kitchen was fully equipped so it was easy to cook up a meal. Everything was spick and span throughout the apartment.

Travelling group: Solo
Lichtfull...
“Keeps getting better!”
Reviewed 8 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

My wife and I have been staying at Papaya place for years and it just gets better! The beautiful colors and homey touches are our favorite. It is always immaculate when we arrive. If you are looking for a cozy retreat this is it! It is in an established complex , perhaps a little retro but we enjoy it for just that reason. Since we have been visiting, the king and twin beds have been upgraded as well as all major appliances in the well-equipped kitchen. The owners have added wifi, and 3 flat screen televisions. Every time we arrive something has been upgraded. This year an attractive new finish on the wet bar and bright new sofa cover and cushions. We love that we can be on the beach in a flash and that the pool has one of the best views of the water on the island. We are a 10-15 minute bike or cab ride from the best restaurants in Key West and don’t have to put up with the constant noise of Duval Street. There is also an assigned covered parking space, but we rely on bikes and do fine. We love the grounds which are filled with orchids and other local flora & fauna and always feel we get quick responses to any concerns from the folks at At Home in Key West. You can’t go wrong.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Your age range 65+
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Toolittle...
New York City, New York
“Lovely,comfortable condo - great bargain”
Reviewed 27 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

This very pretty and comfortable condo was in a great location - access to the beach, very close to the airport and a five minute cheap cab to Duval Street. The condo is very quiet, grounds well kept and it's situated next to a beautiful wildlife preserve. The beds were comfy, living room too, and eat-in kitchen had everything you needed to cook. Had morning coffee on the balcony which has lots of tropical flowers and some ocean views.. I really enjoyed sitting by the large pool/beach at dusk, watching the ocean at sunset. The pool is huge with lots of chairs and umbrellas (for those of us who need them). If you wish to rent jet skis/Hobbiecats or take a long walk on the beach (the beach in front of the condo is narrow) Smathers Beach is a two minute walk away with a lot of rentals, plus interesting looking food trucks for lunches (didn't try any - next time!) We did try Salute, a lovely beach restaurant about a 15 minute walk away and had some amazing food!

All in all, I thought this was a great bargain for the price and had a lovely time. Would stay here again.

Travelling group: Friends
Pritee S
“Beware! Dated Property Not Worth the Price!”
Reviewed 20 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

The pictures are misleading especially of the ocean. There is no beach!! Only a small rocky shoreline. There is not a working hut tub. The condo was very dated. The carpet was just old and disgusting. The place was barely cleaned when we got there. There was hair all over the bathroom floor.

The property is located far from town. Northing is within walking distance. Save you money!! Find a place in town.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was a large unit.
Liked least: A lack of a beach.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
20 Apr 2015
Thank you for taking the time to review our home; I would like to respond to your concerns: There is no photo of the beach on our website but Smathers Beach is right next to this complex on the Atlantic Ocean. The management office at the complex confirmed to me that the hot tub was working during your stay. Although the furnishings may be a little dated in Papaya Place, it is clean and carpet is professionally cleaned every 6 months. The complex is approximately 1.5 miles from Old Town which guests here enjoy so they can get downtown in a short time and return to the peace and quiet of the ocean side of the island. Our company strives to exceed our guest's expectations by giving detailed explanations of our homes and what they have to offer. It does not seem that we accomplished that goal with you and for that we truly apologize.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing