“great deal and convenient...pool needs some help”

Review of Duval Square

Second Bedroom
Guest Room Bathroom
Walkway to Pool
Entrance
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Traveling...
Cincinnati, Ohio
“great deal and convenient...pool needs some help”
Reviewed 9 July 2011 for a stay in July 2011

We routinely stay in condos as we have a 3 year old and travel with family. The condo was in a great location and historic hideaways was professional and had an easy check in and check out. We even had to call them, unfortunately, in the early morning hours due to some loud and rowdy neighbors (with a 3 year old sleeping this is not good), and the gentleman was extremely helpful in helping us with the situation......we never had a problem after that night.

The condo was as others said in need of some TLC, but they do provide you with some necessities if you forget (razors, soap, blowdryer). They even have beach chairs and a mat. We left a sand bucket for the next guests to enjoy. The floors could use a good steam clean as our feet were black after walking on it and the carpets could use a good cleaning, but as I said, it was not anything that stopped us from enjoying our vacation. We liked having a parking spot reserved for us as well. We did find on some days that a white bronco type suv was parked in our spot if we went out, so we had to keep checking so we could move our car back. We did not use the hot tub and it did have alot of sediment in it.

Here is the only real complaint that we have (and really don't think that Historic Hideaways has anything to do with this)...THE POOL>>>>> both our families have pools and I have never been in a public pool that had so much chlorine in the water. My 3 year old developed a chemical rash and we could no longer use the pool. Fortunately we are in the medical field and knew how to deal with this, but I feel bad for anyone else. My husband and father in law found that the hair on their legs and arms had suddenly disappeared.....this is also a type of chemical burn. It did burn when you got in, which at first you think may be because it is salt water, but after a while you had to get out and rinse off. You found yourself smelling like a bottle of chlorox. My dark blue swimsuit is now light blue even with rinsing. I would have to assume that this is being managed by the condo property management and really does need to be addressed. I did notice that several other people made mention of the pool.

But again, historic hideaways was excellent and the condo can't be beat. Something does need to be done about the pool, as when you are here in the heat, it is nice to have a pool to cool off in if you don't make it to the beach.

Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Luxury-minded travelers
Management Response
8 Jul 2011
Thank you for the information about the pool. Correct, we only manage this one unit in the complex so have no control over the condo association, but I am forwarding your information to the Condo association who manages the pool/grounds, as this is a serious issue. Sorry it affected your stay. - Management
A TripAdvisor Member
“Relaxing Stay at affordable Price”
Reviewed 8 June 2011 for a stay in May 2011

Over all we were very happy with our stay. The place was nice but could have used a little work. Easy check in/check out and loved the secure parking.

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 35-44
Va
Reviewed 6 April 2011 for a stay in February 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 55-64
FL
Reviewed 4 December 2010 for a stay in November 2010

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 45-54
A TripAdvisor Member
“Perfect location! Beautiful condo! Everything's within walking”
Reviewed 13 May 2010 for a stay in June 2008

Lovely spacious condo with full kitchen, 2 master baths, in a gated community above the stores and restaurants of Duval Square. Just far enough away from the all night craziness of Duval Street, but yet close enough to participate in the "Duval Crawl" if you want to! Everything is within walking distance - we have stayed in this unit several times and when we fly directly into Key West we don't even rent a car - although - there is gated parking below the unit as well. The stores, bars, restaurants of Duval street are just a few blocks up, all the boat launch sites if you take tours are close enough to walk to as well and the beaches, although a little bit farther are still walkable - or a short taxi ride, bike ride, scooter ride... All and all it a great location, beautiful unit, and we already have plans to visit it again this summer!

Liked best: Can't say - loved it all
Liked least: No longer has a grill on the patio
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Large groups
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing