Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great trip on a steam powered boat

4 in our group and all fans of the Movie “The African Queen”. I have admired this boat over the... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
thetraveler4819
St. Augustine, Florida
Long live the Queen!

What an amazing, fun cruise! Johnny was knowledgeable, interesting, & super-friendly. It was our... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

from US$52.00
from US$90.00
from US$214.00
More Info
All reviews steam engine humphrey bogart movie history piece of history the pilot house original boat movie fan film festival great history captain mike the holiday inn unique experience the atlantic ocean boat ride open water take pictures wonderful trip
Reviewed 2 May 2018

It is hard to describe the feeling riding on the same African Queen that Bogart and Hepburn used in the movie. The clanking engine sounds and the steam coming out of the engine were a large part of the movie. A wonderful experience for any movie buff. It's also a beautiful ride down the canals passing beautiful homes and into the open water.

1  Thank OYSTERAL
Reviewed 1 May 2018

Something to talk about. A sunset cruise of the actual African Queen from the Humphrey Bogart movie. Our guide Tom? was very knowledgeable and told us all about the boat & canals we were traveling through.

Date of experience: April 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Take a trip down memory lane! Of course the teenagers didn't appreciate this. But, the adults did. Wow. Bogart History right in front of you. If you are old movie buff, you must do this.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

I have taught film for many years, and I have shown "The African Queen" too many times to count. Imagine my surprise when, on a recent trip to the Florida Keys, I discovered the actual boat used in the film now residing in Key Largo. Someone bought the boat, restored it, and now offers canal rides in the afternoons. Naturally, I had to see it, and fortunately we showed up just as they were getting ready to take the boat out. We floated down the canal with the steam engine sputtering away just like it did for Humphrey Bogart. I was surprised when we reached the end of the canal that we actually went quite a way out into the Atlantic Ocean, and the crew member let me take the helm and steer the boat just like Kathryn Hepburn did. The boat is tiny but looked just like it did in the film with the exception of an awning they added at the back for shade (where Kathryn Hepburn rigged up a curtain for privacy). Otherwise, everything was the same - even the wooden box that said Gibson Gin (but now contained bottles of water). For such a film fan and a true lover of this particular movie, this truly was a dream come true for me.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Never thought I'd see the African Queen boat from the movie in key largo, but there it was. I didn't take the cruise, but it looked like a good time.