“African Queen was a must do for my husband.”

African Queen Canal Cruise
Ranked #7 of 73 things to do in Key Largo
More attraction details
Owner description: In 2012 the iconic boat the African Queen was restored for her 100 year centennial celebration. In May 2012 she once again began plying the waters of Key Largo and currently offers canal and dinner cruises. We go out daily at 10am, 12am, 2pm, 4pm and 6pm. On Fridays and Saturdays at 6pm we offer a dinner cruise to the Pilot House Marina where passengers disembark and enjoy dinner in the restaurant before boarding the vessel once again to return to the Marina Del Mar. Dinner and lunch cruises are also available on request for groups of at least 4 people.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Being in the same boat used in the movie and used by Bogart and Hepburn was a real thrill - especially for my husband. He even drove it for awhile.

All reviews
"open water"
"fun trip"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It is hard to describe the feeling riding on the same African Queen that Bogart and Hepburn used in the movie. The clanking engine sounds and the steam coming out of the engine were a large part of the movie. A wonderful experience for any movie buff. It's also a beautiful ride down the canals passing beautiful homes and into the open water.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Something to talk about. A sunset cruise of the actual African Queen from the Humphrey Bogart movie. Our guide Tom? was very knowledgeable and told us all about the boat & canals we were traveling through.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Take a trip down memory lane! Of course the teenagers didn't appreciate this. But, the adults did. Wow. Bogart History right in front of you. If you are old movie buff, you must do this.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have taught film for many years, and I have shown "The African Queen" too many times to count. Imagine my surprise when, on a recent trip to the Florida Keys, I discovered the actual boat used in the film now residing in Key Largo. Someone bought the boat, restored it, and now offers canal rides in the afternoons. Naturally, I had to see it, and fortunately we showed up just as they were getting ready to take the boat out. We floated down the canal with the steam engine sputtering away just like it did for Humphrey Bogart. I was surprised when we reached the end of the canal that we actually went quite a way out into the Atlantic Ocean, and the crew member let me take the helm and steer the boat just like Kathryn Hepburn did. The boat is tiny but looked just like it did in the film with the exception of an awning they added at the back for shade (where Kathryn Hepburn rigged up a curtain for privacy). Otherwise, everything was the same - even the wooden box that said Gibson Gin (but now contained bottles of water). For such a film fan and a true lover of this particular movie, this truly was a dream come true for me.