“Good Food, Funky Decor, Good Service”
Review of The Fish House

The Fish House
Ranked #9 of 145 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stopped in at suggestion of our hotel while in Key Largo. Décor is sort of well worn Tiki Bar. Funky, different, but fits the place. Servers very friendly and knowledgeable about menu. Ordered Shrimp bundle app, excellent. Split spinach salad. Boring salad, great dressing. Both had grouper which was fresh, well cooked and a large portion. They specialize in fresh fish prepared a multitude of different ways. Went with the waiter's recommendations on this. Not a bad wine list. Very good Key Lime pie. Not rushed at all. We would definitely go back.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,166)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went here the first night at key largo. Was walking distance from hotel. Great food and service. Would recommend a visit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped in on our way to Key West. My wife and I always try to avoid chain restaurants, opting for local food choices. The Fish House did not disappoint. I had the shrimp scampi and my wife had lobster bisque and fried conch. Both were very good. The portion were quite large requiring a go box. Prices were very reasonable for the area. Wait staff left a bit to be desired, a bit gruff and abrupt. But we went for the food, not for the wait staff.
Look forward to our next visit

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A must visit when we are in the Keys! Took our fresh catch from fishing trip was cooked to perfection!
Thank you!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Okay so first of all we used to live in Key West so we know our seafood. Years ago Islamorada Fish Company (back when Bass Pro wasn’t there and it was just a small little restaurant/hole in the wall) used to have the best fish sandwich in the Keys, but after visiting there a few days ago, my husband and I realized it’s not the same. But today we ate at The Fish House and the fish was SO delicious! I had the Caesar salad with jerk seasoned yellowtail and my husband had the Mahi Mahi grilled sandwich, & both were SO good!

Highly recommend, only complaint is the service—it was efficient but the waiters and waitresses were very impersonal and robotic—-seemed rushed and just on a mission to serve, clear table, repeat... but my rating is on the food which was amazing!