“Easy beach access”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Saginaw, Michigan
“Shabby, Dirty, Disappointment.”
Reviewed 20 April 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

I would like to start this review by saying that we have been renting condos on Holmes Beach and elsewhere for the past 12 plus years and this is the first negative experience I have had. I must say the bad feeling started right at the front door which was filthy, the patio furniture was rusted and seats were stained. But I checked myself because obviously these things are outside. Once inside, the floors, rugs, and master comforters were all dirty. The towels in the bathroom were torn. There was one hand towel and it was soiled. I was literally beside myself. I had rented this place for a month! It was disgusting. The windows were dirty and the condo itself is very dark as there is a pergola over the front window and the rest of the windows are shaded by trees.

I called housekeeping shortly after arriving and they came and took the rugs and comforter and washed them. Management brought 3 new (wow) towels and a couple of hand towels a couple days later.

The living room furnishings shown in this website are not the ones in the unit. There is a shabby living room set in dire need of steam cleaning and a too large dining set with filthy off white cushions. Did I mention the broken picture on the wall? The pans and utensils were ridiculous. Just a hodge podge of left over or cast off old items is how it appeared. I actually had to buy a working can opener. I bought a new entry mat and a couple rugs (which I took home with me).

The floors were such that you couldn't see the dirt. They were a brownish tile. But while unpacking, my socks got so dirty and hair covered that I decided to clean the floors myself. I turned the vacuum on and was overcome with the most disgusting odor. No idea what was left in that bag. Called management and asked for a different vacuum. It took a full week to get the vacuum back with a new bag and filter. (I had to call and check on it and then go pick it up -- not kidding) In the meantime, they brought me a Swiffer.....Thanks.... I've been back for over a month now and it still pisses me off. I paid $4000. for this place and of course, they require payment in check form.

I will say that the location is great. But there are so many places with great locations on the island. I will obviously never rent this place again, nor will I ever rent from the management company. They were so unresponsive and completely unconcerned, Basically blamed the owner. I have never encountered this before. Over a week for a vacuum so that the customer can clean their own floor?! I mean, wouldn't you have brought the one from your office or something?

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location
Liked least: everything else
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
25 Apr 2015
This is the first negative review that we have ever received for this property. We did everything in our power and quickly as possible to appease this guest. We pride on our personal guest services.
bsgro
Cleveland, OH
“Easy beach access”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

I booked this place because I wanted a pet friendly rental close to the beach. Our plans changed and our dog didn't travel with us, but it would have been a great location for him. He enjoyed being on a street without public beach access. No traffic on the street. It was an easy two minute walk to the beach. Looking down the beach, I could see areas that were crowded, but no crowds in our area. The kitchen had everything we needed. Beds were comfortable. AC worked great. Outdoor shower was great for rinsing off after the beach. The storage unit in back had some chairs and beach toys. Upon checking in, we noticed the shower curtain liner needed to be replaced. We notify the rental office and a replacement was promptly delivered.
Being so close to the beach, we were able to go back and forth through tout the day. Morning walks, daytime swims, evening kite flying and sunsets. Great location!

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Bath towels
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
21 Nov 2014
Thank you for staying at Palm Haven. We are so glad that you had a great time. Please come again!
csi556
Kansas City, Kansas
“Beach access without the price!”
Reviewed 12 December 2012 for a stay in December 2012
people found this review helpful

I found this house online and was instantly attracted to the location and the reasonable price! This house is so close to the beach and is on a dead end street! I loved the fact that it had an outdoor shower, which made it so much easier to not track all of the sand in the house. We were even able to enjoy oranges that fell from the tree in the back yard! The bed was very comfortable, the shower nice and big, the washer and dryer were very conventient, and the kitchen was stocked with every dish and utensil anyone could need! We will be back! Thank you for providing us with such a nice home!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything from working with Zita, to the quality of the home!
Liked least: Nothing at all!
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
11 Dec 2012
So lovely to hear you all enjoyed Palm Haven. Would look forward to seeing you again soon!
mariemand...
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Wonderful beach rental”
Reviewed 13 June 2012 for a stay in May 2012
person found this review helpful

We stayed at this property the first week of May 2012 and had a wonderful time! This was our first experience staying on AMI and we will be back! Easy enough time getting keys from the rental company which was right on the way so no extra driving to find it. House was very clean upon checking in and we were happy to see that the pictures were very accurate. Beautifully furnished and a really comfortable master bedroom bed made it a nice home away from home for the week. The front patio area was beautiful and any meals we ate at the house were enjoyed out there. Washer and dryer in the unit were very convenient. Kitchen was nicely stocked with all utensils/dishes/pots & pans we needed. And there were shared beach toys in the garage next to the other unit.
One negative thing was that the beach chairs/umbrellas were not in the best shape. They are shared so maybe the unit next to us got all the good stuff but the chair I used was busted and the umbrella wasn't really usable. The toys were great for the kids though, no way were we going to travel with beach toys or buy them once we got there.
We traveled with 2 young kids (5 and 3) and this was a wonderful set-up for our family. This rental is on a small dead end street that was not only within walking distance to the beach but was only a few houses away. Made having to run back to the house for rest rooms, food, drinks, etc. very convenient. Also, no public parking at the end of the street so it was very quiet and only those staying or living on this street drove down it. Nice with the kids wanting to chase the lizards all over.
Another thing I want to mention, this was our first home vacation rental, we've always stayed at hotels/resorts. I wasn't crazy about having to take the time to clean the unit the last evening we were there. We did dishes and our own laundry all week also sweeping as sand gets tracked in. I've never had to do the entire cleaning like that before, this may be customary but considering we paid a decent amount for a cleaning fee wasn't excited about it by any means. Just a minor complaint, nothing against the property or anything.
We would rent this one again, though we might consider the attached unit as it's a bit larger and has an extra bedroom, although I loved the patio enough that I might never rent another place again!

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Location and decor
Liked least: Loved it all
Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
12 Jun 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize about the misunderstanding about the cleaning of the property. We do charge you a cleaning fee so that you do not have to worry about this. We appreciate the time spent taking care of the unit, next we will do the cleaning. Hope to you again soon!
whalenwol...
Brevard, NC
“Location, location, location”
Reviewed 3 March 2012 for a stay in February 2012
person found this review helpful

We picked this cottage off the internet, hoping.... And we were pleasantly surprised that everything was as nice or nicer than advertised. The place was stocked with everything you might need, including beach equipment and charcoal with the grill. Oh, and did I mention the location? Two doors from the wonderful white sand beach of Anna Maria Island, a quiet side street, easy walk to Pine Ave. and the city pier. A free trolley provides easy transportation the full length of this 7 mile island paradise.
If I have to find fault, the furniture is over sized for this beach cottage, comfortable, but too big.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: location
Liked least: furniture size and the lack of natural light in kitchen
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
2 Mar 2012
Thank you for your review. We really appreciate it! Hope to see you again soon!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing