“Food + View = Ahh…”
Review of Playa

Playa
Ranked #36 of 638 Restaurants in Hollywood
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Description: A poolside, beachfront Nuevo Latino bar and restaurant featuring a variety of dishes along with a traditional rum and tequila bar. Playa redefines the outdoor experience through perfectly executed tacos on house-made tortillas, an array of fresh salsas and guacamoles and only fresh juice-based cocktails. Everything is served with unobstructed views of the sand, sky and waves, like no other location in South Florida. Come try our newly refreshed 2022 food and drink menus!
Reviewed 2 July 2022 via mobile

The food is really delicious and nicely presented. Service is also attentive. The best part is being outside with the ocean view. You can dress casual or come straight from the beach.

Date of visit: June 2022
Write a reviewReviews (96)

Reviewed 17 May 2022 via mobile

Very small menu. I ordered a cheeseburger, fries and a strawberry daiquiri. The food was just okay. The daiquiri was good but in no way was the meal worth the $50 bill. Very disappointing.

Date of visit: May 2022
1  Thank J-DogFam
Reviewed 17 April 2022

Playa is a fun open air restaurant and bar. Marcella was my awesome server the first night I was there. When I went back for lunch the next day, she remembered me and asked how my massage was! How sweet is that? Lunch was so tasty and I had a spectacular ocean view. Great service and delicious food. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: March 2022
Reviewed 16 March 2022

This is the pool bar at the Diplomat hotel. We stayed at the Diplomat in March 2022. Drinks are good but horribly over priced. It cost $20 for a piña colada. In comparison, it’s about $12 for a much better drink at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville.

Date of visit: March 2022
Reviewed 6 March 2022

My wife and I spent the entire month of February in Florida. 26 of the days in a beach front condo in Hallandale. We walked miles on the sand every day that we could and 8 of the walks resulted in a stop at Playa. February is extremely busy at the Diplomat, so getting a seat at the bar was difficult. We succeeded and ordered Bloody Marys. One day we had Pina Coladas and I decided it was not for me. It was well made, just not my cup of whatever, On two occasions we shared Topical Guacamole with Crabmeat...excellent! As bust as they were, the bar staff was superior. Jorge was like a cyclone moving in all directions around the circular bar. The entire staff was great! On our last day we said our goodbyes and told them would return in October. Great stop that added to our enjoyment.

Date of visit: February 2022