“Very Good Lunch”

Add it.
Tavern on the Dunes
Ranked #19 of 62 Restaurants in Haines City
Reviewed 3 May 2018

My wife and I walked down the street for lunch. We decided to do lunch because of the mixed reviews. I will say we had a very good lunch. I had the tuna melt and my wife had the fish sandwich (fried). The portions were more than enough for both of us. Our server, Lupita, was great. We sat a little out of the way and when she saw us, she signaled from back by the kitchen that she would be back with menu's shortly. I thought that was great because we knew that she knew that we were there. Our food arrived promptly and very hot. Both of our sandwiches were prepared very well. I noticed that the place was pretty full and that they were turning the meals over very quickly. I would imagine that is great for the people golfing who don't want to wait a long time for food between the front and the back 9.

I also want to note that the servers work great as a team. Multiple servers walked by and asked how our meal was, did we want more water/tea, etc. That was great to see.

I would recommend this place to eat!

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Clemsontoby

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

A large group of us have been going to Tavern on the Dunes every winter for several years. This year we have had terrible service and terrible food! The fish was not cooked and other dinners served cold. The first 3 weeks we had a very inexperienced waitress and she had an attItude. After discussion with Vicky the Manager we moved out group from her section . The service was better and the food ok. Friday feb 23 was the last straw. 3 people in our group received their food first and were almost finished before the rest of the group received theirs . One person never did get his until we were all done. Both the waitress and manager were very apologetic however not enough to keep us retuning. This restaurant has a full menu in Friday’s only and somehow can not get it right. The kitchen appears to be where the problem is and needs to be corrected.
The location is perfect for renters SD and we loved Friday night ritual....however is now ended!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

We are on our last day staying at Southern Dunes Golf Resort after a 3 week stay. Attended restaurant as seen good reviews. We wished we had come here more often for a meal.

We found the seating very comfortable, staff were very attentive and pleasant. We timed it right, just before 6 pm, as it got quite busy after we got there.

The Sante Fe egg roles had a slight kick and were very good. You get a small loaf of bread which was very good. We both had the grilled chicken Marcella, which was excellent.

We will come back here again if and when in the area. Loved the atmosphere of this place. Thought the food was above board for a golf course.

Can't bring myself to give this place a five rating because it is a golf course and viewing some of the meals leaving, seen a lot of French fries and sandwiches. My wife didn't think the fish and chips looked all that appetizing, but you never know until you try it.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

We came here on a Sunday morning to try the buffet breakfast. We were really impressed with the welcome and standard of the food
If you're in the area on a Sunday...then I would recommend you go along

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Had a couple of meals at the Tavern and they were delicious. Huge portions? Great fries including sweet potato fries. Staff very pleasant and welcoming.
Like a lot of golf clubs it lacked atmosphere. Too quiet.

Date of visit: July 2017