All reviews kids eat free lazy river kids suite front desk outdoor pool hotel restaurant king suite dive in movie kids activities breakfast buffet bunk beds great resort pool towels gulf view hot tub movie night fort walton
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

We are so excited to try this hotel and looking forward to time on the beach. We had gulf front room and noticed immediately that the hotel pool side music was so loud we couldn't even sit on our 3rd floor balcony. Front desk said they would turn it down but didn't or couldn't. We asked to move but there was no other rooms. So disappointing and ruined a lovely beach get away.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
funandmemorable, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Thank you for your candid review, Mamypop. We are so sorry that the music disrupted your enjoyment of your balcony. Your experience is very important to us and we would certainly like to make this right. Please reach out to us directly at your convenience. We look forward to speaking with you and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a brief 3 day vacation. We haven't been back to Ft. Walton Beach in several years, that was a mistake!!!
After we had to cancel a reservation in Panama City Beach due to Michael, we contacted this property.
We were amazed with this hotel, upon arrival Patrica (sp) greeted us with a pleasant smile, friendly attitude and a welcome feel.
The property is very clean, bright, open and convenient.
Our room was clean, updated and the view from 5 th floor was perfect.
We had breakfast in the restaurant twice while there, first day "Spike" was our waitress and we could not have had a more pleasant person if we tried, from the very honest complement to my wife to level of service during breakfast gave us a great start to the day.
I wish she would have been working on Saturday morning, the hostess that seated us and waited on us could have learned a lot from Spike on customer service??
Beach, pool and grounds were very clean, Every employee working in the halls, cleaning personal and front desk personal were pleasant, friendly and respectful.
I wonder sometimes what some people that post negative reviews actually expect when traveling to commercial properties, some of the comments on here are so far off from our experience I wonder if they could have stayed at the same hotel?
If you are looking for a very nice place to stay, interact with what I consider to be the friendliest staff I've been around and want to relax come here.
I'm quite certain if something isn't 100% they seem to be a group that will do everything they can to make it right!!
Thanks to each employee there for making our 4 day stay so memorable.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank garymW2292DA
funandmemorable, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2018

Thank you so much for your shining review, Gary! We are so excited to hear that you and your wife enjoyed yourselves at our hotel and found our staff to be among the friendliest you've encountered. I will certainly pass along your compliment to Spike regarding her great customer service. We hope you'll come back and make more memories with us soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

This was our first time staying at The Holiday Inn Fort Walton Beach and we loved it! We felt very comfortable from the moment we walked in till the time we left. Hotel room was nice and the beachfront view was even better!
Breakfast was good and quite convenient. Staff were friendly and very attentive.
The only down side was the hot tub was out of order so we made our way next door to the neighboring hot tub to relax.
I must say that tis is definitely a family friendly hotel. Plenty of kids everywhere!! The music plays all night at the pool and seems like the party never ends!
If you are looking for quiet and relaxation, go next door to the Hilton but if you are looking for family fun....this is the place for you!
This is a beachfront hotel so you are only steps away from the beach. Rental chairs are available for about $35 a day for a set of 2 chairs and a table. It is a little rickety but it takes the hassle out of lugging beach gear and setting it up.
The people on Okaloosa Island are all friendly and the ocean speaks for itself!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
funandmemorable, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Thank you for the terrific review, Londonsmama! We're so pleased that you enjoyed the comfortable hotel, the beachfront view, and the friendly staff too. We're sorry to hear that our hotel tub was inoperable during your visit and happy that you could enjoy our neighboring hotel to relax. It would be such a pleasure to welcome you back for another getaway one day soon! --Krissy

Reviewed 26 September 2018

I live and Texas and choose to have my destination wedding at the Holiday Inn Resort Ft Walton Beach and it turned out marvelous!! I had not seen the resort before my big day so I was nervous upon arrival. When we arrived everything was just as it looked online. It was perfect! The resort was clean, staff was very kind and helpful. They did their best to put all our guest on the same floor (which worked great for us). The rooms were clean and the ocean view was gorgeous. Brittney and I had worked together for over 6 months and she was so kind and patient with me during that time. She made sure everything was set up exactly as I asked and made sure that I had no issues on my big day. They set up the beach with a arbor and white chairs and it was just stunning! Cocktail hour was set up outside beside the lazy river pool and the reception area was next to the bar inside and they both were set up perfectly. Our bartender was great and did and awesome job that night. The food that I chose for my wedding was delicious. My guest were so pleased with it and gave me so many compliments. Also, the food at the resort was very good and they have a good variety to choose from. I would recommend this resort to everyone! We had a great time and made some life long memories at this resort. We will be visiting again!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
funandmemorable, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Becky, thank you for the five-star review! We're so thrilled that you enjoyed celebrating your special day with us, congratulations! So wonderful that you found our resort to be clean, the staff to be helpful, the ocean view to be gorgeous, the food to be delicious, and the beach set up for your wedding to be stunning too. We can't wait to welcome you back to create more memories one day soon! --Krissy

Reviewed 21 September 2018

Great room. Very comfortable beds. Staffing was short handed due to storm activity but the hotel and us managed just fine. I normally stay in condos in this area because I'm not overly fond of crowds. But this was really relaxing and I would definitely stay here again. this one's easy to spot. look for the beach ball on top.

Room tip: Grab a corner unit if available otherwise go for the top floors for the views. And always spring for the gulf FRONT view.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for the five-star review, G-Loon! We're so pleased that you enjoyed the great room, the comfortable beds, that the staff handled the tropical storm well too. We look forward to welcoming you back for another getaway one day soon! --Krissy