All reviews mary esther front desk shopping and restaurants staff was helpful and friendly great hotel bowling tournament breakfast staff clean rooms special thanks air force mini vacation yogurt nice stay enjoyed our stay parking lot easy access stay there again
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Very clean, new hotel. Great place to stay. Only about 15-20 minutes from Destin and much less expensive.
Only about 10- 15 minutes from Okaloosa Island boardwalk and pier.
Lots of great restaurants in the area!
The breakfast staff is very attentive.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

I have never felt so unwelcome.

That from someone who basically lived in Hotels traveling all over the world a great part of his life
I also never had the room door locked on me before, so I don't know what to say.

The only time this happened to me was at a Soviet Hotel in Comunist CzechoslovakiaI during the cold War where they were very suspicious of my reasons for staying there.

I literally felt that they just wanted me to leave. My foot will certainly never enter this location again.

This service does not deserve the Holiday Inn name!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank AlamoudiUsama
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ft Walton Bch - Hurlburt Area, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Hi AlamoudiUsama,

I am so sorry to read about your disappointment with our service during your stay (together with the door that got locked). It is never our intention to disappoint our guests as we only want them to have a great experience with us. This will be shared with our team for improvements necessary. I would also like to follow up on this situation that is why I have sent you a private message to obtain more information. I hope that you can respond at your soonest available time.

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Friendly and very helpful staff, clean and quiet family friendly hotel. Great for a weekend getaway or longer stay. Convenient location near stores for shopping and restaurants. 15 minutes from the beach. Great family getaway

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

New construction. Nice, fresh, clean room. Comfortable beds and pillows. Nice bath products. Arrived at this hotel after a 7 hr drive, exhausted and ready to go to sleep. Unfortunately, they keep the rooms’ A/C shut off all day, so we arrived to a very warm room that took several hours to cool down. Our sleep was not as good as it could have been had someone thought of cooling down the room before guests arrived. Good coffee & freshly baked cinnamon rolls.

Date of stay: July 2018
3  Thank Tishgoes
Kevin P, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ft Walton Bch - Hurlburt Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear Tishgoes,

We are so glad you took a moment to share your experience. Our guests love our nice, fresh, clean rooms and our eco-friendly amenities. Thank you for bringing your room temperature to our attention and we will address this concern. Our freshly baked cinnamon rolls and great coffee will be awaiting your family's return!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Husband and I arrived to Fort Walton early for our Destin Vacation. They let us check in early around 12:30. Check in was a breeze, and front desk clerks were extremely friendly. On the nights we went to dinner, front desk clerks even wished us a good evening out. Room was spacious and very clean! Very impressed with the cleanliness. The continental breakfast was good. Lots of choices and very fresh! Coffee was awesome (I got the breakfast blend). The breakfast buffet attendants were friendly as well, greeting us with “Good Morning.” We called for two pool towels and they were brought to us within mins, however, the towels were extremely small. Also, just a heads up, they charge a $50 security deposit, but we were aware of it...but some may not think to ask. Overall, this place is great, and shows they have wonderful management. Keep up the great work guys! :)

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunandsand82
Kevin P, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ft Walton Bch - Hurlburt Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear sunandsand82,

We are so glad that we were able to help make your vacation a success! Our staff strives make guests feel welcomed and we strive equally hard to ensure that our hotel is extremely clean! We are glad to know that we are succeeding at both! Our fresh breakfast options are always sure to please and our coffee is awesome! Thanks for sharing your review! We hope to see you and your husband again soon!