All reviews picnic tables fresh sheets and towels bay view waffle house spacious room private beach panama city across the bridge each morning non smoking short drive conditioner rinse destin hurricane
Reviewed 18 October 2018

I stayed here because it seemed there were no more hotels.. I asked for two days for towels and never received a single towel. But there was a wet towel from the previous person sitting in the shower... Smelt like mildew. I ended up having to call a friend each morning to go shower at their house. Also there is a group of people who hang out all day smoking and doing whatever which makes the stay uncomfortable. The first night we checked in literally someone came in to our room with a room key. what is that?

Don't stay here

Room tip: Don't stay here
Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Our stay at the Roya was good, clean room overlooking the water, comfy bed, spacious and everything in working order. The staff was friendly, the breakfast was good, half of the main building and boat docks were closed due to remodeling, aside from hurricane Michael running us off, it was a good stay. I will say this, the back end of the hotel could use more lighting.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2018

And so here are the ONLY things that I would call "pros": good shower stream, good air conditioning, very spacious room. Bed was okay but it wasn't properly fitted to the headboard. And now the cons: telephone dead (had to call front desk from my cellphone). Don't turn off the tv or you may have an awful time trying to turn it on again! Hair all over the bathroom, unclean furniture, dark specks of something in the bed (thankfully they didn't crawl). Stained bed spread. Walls had stains and holes. Towels not clean, smelled odd, and not enough of them. One elevator in only one of the buildings.. why not both buildings?! No maid service. Breakfast was tolerable, not hot enough. The halls were eerily dark during the day. I've stayed at hotels that were being remodeled before, but I didn't lack any of the basic amenities, and they were kept very clean. The spacious rooms alone gives this hotel potential. Fix the place, then reopen for business. The excuse of "we're renovating" for all these issues ain't cuttin' it.

Room tip: Stay in the main building if you're unable to use stairs
Reviewed 18 September 2018

I am a travel agent & I arrived at the hotel to do a site review for future clients. The hotel has a beautiful view of the beach on the back side and is located central to many businesses. However from the moment I walked in the lobby I was disappointed. It was sub par to say the least. A big plastic sheets was hanging at the end of the lobby which blocked off the rest of the hotel. The young lady that checked us in was very nice but it was hard to figure out where the room was located, no indicators. Arrived at the room, had a view of the beach only to find the security doors propped open, which in the end didn't matter because the box you swipe your card into was broken. The hallways were dirty and smell of urine and had not been cleaned, mopped shampooed nothing. Arrived at the room went to hang up clothes and the bar fell down in the closet, the rooms was not very clean & they gave me an adjoining room? Walked back to the desk in the dark had to use my cell flash light stumbling around to find how to get back to the lobby, very unsafe. The young lady was very nice, tried to assure us that the adjoining room was safe, but we did not request it. We were given another room and once again trudged through the dark to locate it. Again, the door was propped open. The bathroom had hair in the shower and was slightly cleaner in the sleeping area. It was an awful experience. From what I was told the construction has been going on for some time. Would not recommend at all.

Room tip: If you still choose to stay, go check out the room first.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Our room was not worth the price! Not enough electrical outlets, and none near the beds. My husband had nowhere to plug in his C-Pap machine. There are two separate buildings that make up this hotel, the main building, and an extra building. No elevator is in the extra building. If you want a bay view, you will be in a room in this extra building. There is no covered walkway from the extra building to the main building, where the front desk, breakfast, and laundry are located. Drapes do no keep out the security light at night. Not enough towels for all of us in the room. The shower wasn't clean..mold, rust. Gross shower curtain with stains. Beds were really hard but clean. Light bulbs needed replacing so the room was dim. Stayed two nights, maid never came to the room, lots of sand accumulated. The breakfast was the best thing about our stay here. This place is being renovated, so hopefully, they're on their way to making it Royal!

Room tip: If you need an elevator, book a room in the main building.
1  Thank S0Blessed