All reviews fire pit lazy river indoor pool front desk modern rooms beautiful hotel diamond member newer hotel partial view corn hole breakfast was delicious the holiday inn hot tub ping pong table fitness center the hotel is clean bunk beds
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've traveled all over the world, and this hotel has everything one would want in a beachfront hotel. Outstanding staff, great location, perfect beachfront views, wonderful food, a lazy river pool, modern rooms with BALCONIES for each room, and more. We stayed for 5 days ….. and while it rained several of those days, the comfort of the place, and the outstanding staff made up for it! Literally, one of the best hotel staffs I've encountered anywhere. Kudos to the management team - they are doing something very right!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
funandmemorable, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for the stellar review, Travelj60. We're thrilled that you enjoyed your visit regardless of the weather. I will certainly share your compliment regarding the outstanding staff with the rest of our team. We hope you'll join us for more sandy fun soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Indoor and outdoor pools were warm and clean. Employees were nice, but the bath tub was very slippery ,and the bathroom small. Every thing else was fine and worth the money. Beds weren't quite up to snuff.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
funandmemorable, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your candid review, DayTrip32292156415. We're so glad you enjoyed our heated pools and nice employees. Your experience truly matters to us so, we appreciate you bringing our attention to the slippery bathtub and beds. We hope to see you relaxing here again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Here for 10 days. Excellent location, awesome amenities, attractive decor, and honestly the friendly staff I’ve experienced in awhile. The bummer unless you are at least Gold status with Hilton or above breakfast is $14 per person. Yikes!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, TheUtahMom. We're so glad that you are enjoying your stay and receiving friendly service from our staff. We are always looking for new ways to make our guests happy so we certainly appreciate you letting us know that you feel breakfast is a bit highly priced. If there is anything we can do for you while you're here, please don't hesitate to let us know. Enjoy the rest of your stay.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is probably my favorite Hilton Garden Inn. Massive open lobby that looks out over the fire pits, lazy river and beach area. Rooms are contemporary, well thought out, and comfortable. I stayed in a gulf front balcony king and well worth the expense with its private patio overlooking the beach area and gulf. Breakfast is typical HGI; however, the bar restaurant is not. Here the food was very good and staff attentive. Well located and just a beautiful relaxing location on Ft. Walton Heach.

Room tip: Gulf front Balcony King
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
funandmemorable, Online concierge at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi giuseffij! Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel with 5 stars! I am so pleased to hear you that we are your favorite. From our outdoor area to our contemporary rooms and private patio, we are happy you enjoyed yourself. I will be sure to share your kinds words with the rest of our staff. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Fort Walton Beach. -Heather

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked fall break way ahead and got a good deal. However, looking at future dates, they want approx the same amount of points for their rooms as our usual beach resort, the Hilton Sandestin. We will be returning to Hilton Sandestin for future stays.
For the several sets of future dates I checked, the 2 hotels are priced the same or very close, in regards to points. The 2 hotels don't compare, so since the points price is the same we will go back to the full service resort.
First problem was our parking lot view room. My husband is a diamond member and in hilton hotels almost 100 nights a year. No view upgrade, no jr suite upgrade. You can't just book the suite to begin with if you are using points, because they have it as a premium room reward, thus you lose your 5th night free, plus have it set for an exorbitant amount of points per night...like way more than even Waldorf Grand Wailea on Maui...let that sink in. If it weren't annoying enough, the front desk guy said "we upgrade the first couple people that check in, regardless of status." Um, ok. Way to rewards those who are loyal. In contrast, at Sandestin we ALWAYS get upgraded to a big jr suite, and all rooms have at least a partial ocean view. Strike 1.
Lunch service from the restaurant was painfully slow. Then I finally received my food... a BLT wrap that had maybe 2 strips of bacon on it so basically was just lettuce. It became a joke amongst the group for several days. (We traveled with another family).
Breakfast didn't change at all the whole time we were there and that was 5 nights. What they did have was good though. However, if you don't have status, beware, it will be expensive. We get 2 adults free, but the kid price was high...I want to say $11 for the older boys and $6 for my toddler. The kids ate a bowl of cereal or a waffle, so yeah, thats crazy. Hilton sandestin is also 2 adults free, but some of the offerings change daily, and the kids can order a la carte so it isn't a rip off. Strike 2.
There was a super nice guy bussing tables at breakfast, whose name now escapes me. Older African American gentleman from Jamaica. He was lovely. Gem of the entire place.
Room: our room was tight, though it had alot of good storage and a travel crib instead of a pack n play. Those were perks. The room was fresh and clean as well. The exhaust fan didn't work in the tiny bathroom thus the entire hotel room was steamed up after we all showered. The sink is in the same room as the toilet and shower. Sandestin has a separate sink inside AND outside of the main bathroom. That setup is just better for families. The HGI bathroom really only will work for a business traveler or possibly 2 people together, not a family who all needs to shower and get ready for dinner after being on the beach all day.
There wasn't live entertainment or activities at the pool until Saturday, and then for only about 3 hours. It was alot of fun while it lasted, though. The pool is nice, but they should build a bridge over it to get to the beach access boardwalk. You have to walk all the way around, with arms full of kids and beach gear as it is now. A good thing is that the pool was not as busy as Sandestin's and didn't have chair hogs staking their claim at 7am everyday. You could always find a lounger. I loved that the games/lounge/fire pit area was safe for the toddler because the pool had a glass fence around it. That was awesome. I could actually relax by the games and fire.
Overall, this place just doesn't have that beach resort feel we are used to at Sandestin. It feels like any HGI anywhere but plopped on the beach. I think that is why I was let down. We are in HGIs alot for our kids' hockey travel and like them, but at the beach I am looking for a more resort- experience. I was looking for a hidden gem when we decided to try this place and for the price we paid (134k points for the 5 night stay), it was ok. Anything more than that, and I'd pass. Unfortunately, it seems they have upped the point redemption quite high for the future, so we will go back to our tried and true Sandestin.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your candid review and being an Honors member, JennyLynd2010. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed spending time at our pool and appreciated the safety precautions in the game/fire pit area. We are sorry that you did not find everything you were looking for at our property. We certainly appreciate you letting us know what you were looking for, though, as we are always striving to improve.