Lowest prices for your stay
US$126
US$107
Hotels.comUS$126
HolidayInn.comUS$126
eDreamsUS$126
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 February 2020 via mobile

The staff at this hotel are very friendly and helpful. My check in experience was great. We arrived around noon and were able to check in early. It may have helped that I’m an IHG rewards member, but others arriving at the same time were also given rooms. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Bathroom could use updating but was clean with plenty of towels and toiletries. We used the pool and the area had plenty of chairs, available towels, shaded areas, and sparkling water. Pool closed at 9:00pm. The fitness room is small but equipment is in good working order. We didn’t try the restaurant but I did ask the price of the breakfast buffet and it was reasonable... under $10 per person.
The location of the hotel is on a VERY busy road and leaving can be difficult if you need to cross the road. I ended up taking a right and going to a traffic light in order to make a left. We walked over to the Edison/Ford winter estates and the neighborhood is safe for walking. I didn’t feel the same about the area behind the hotel. My one major complaint was the WIFI. I was unable to connect the entire time of our stay (5 days) and they don’t participate in the IHG internet program that allows members to automatically connect. If your looking for a clean hotel with friendly staff I would recommend, if you want something fancy try elsewhere.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2020

Wanted to make a visit to the Thomas Edison museum nearby. Booked through IHG, my preferred hotel company. Arrived shortly after the check-in time confirmed by IHG. No rooms available. Dispute about the actual check-in time. The document sent to me by IGH says 12:00. (Funnily, it actually says "12:00 AM", which is midnight. Does IHG have a problem with their bookings??)

Returned 90 minutes later, and while sitting in the lobby saw the desk clerk giving rooms out to others.

Internet service pretty useless. Grossly overloaded and undermanaged. Fortunately our T-Mobile connections remained strong.

Pool area adjacent to the lobby, so all the pool-goers walk (wet) through the lobby to the elevators. Bad design issue. Restaurant was reasonably priced and food was OK. I object to calling it "Edison's Laboratory", however. Seems in poor taste.

This hotel also had serious television issues. Why are all the channels mis-formatted? Some postage stamp, some letterboxed, some normal. There is no excuse for this situation today. If you're not going to do it right, why bother at all?

The other TV-annoyance? TV's automatically come on tuned to "Faux News". And MSNBC, although listed on the channel guide, is mysteriously missing. I'm disappointed that a hotel sees fit to impose their politics on ALL their guests.

Won't be staying HERE again.

2  Thank JimmyMc
Reviewed 17 February 2020

Nightly rate is high, but other hotels in Fort Myers are also high.

King room on the ground floor. Easy access in and out. Clean, as expected. Keurig coffeemaker was a bonus.

Otherwise, not much to say. Wifi worked well, but it's really just a place to hang your hat for the night, with free parking.

1  Thank George M
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Myers - Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2020

Hi George M,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us candid feedback. We aim to invite joy by ensuring our hotel is clean, our service friendly and everything always works. I am glad that you found the cleanliness of our hotel was up to standards and that you're pleased with the room you've received. I am sorry though it seems that we failed to impress you this time. Guest feedback provides us a glimpse of what more could be done to elevate the experience even further. I have shared your comments with the hotel management as a reference for the necessary improvements needed.

I hope you give us another try to make your next stay the best that it can be!

Many thanks,

Jonathan A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 17 February 2020

We have stayed at the hotel previously and thus our decision to stay once again. Welcome cookies were still available at 8:30pm when we checked in. Was greeted as an IHG rewards member. King room on 1st floor was fine, looking out to the pool. Noisy guests in hallway later that evening.
This hotel does not participate in the "IHG Connect" WiFi service that we have experienced at all other IHG properties. As others have commented in their reviews (Oct 2019 and previous to this date), connecting the WiFi is painful! Don't expect to use the WiFi from your room as connecting to the wireless in terrible. WiFi speed was fine IF you were able to connect. (Reminded us of the early days of the internet).
As others have commented, Dunkin Donuts is right next door for your morning coffee. Would be nice to have coffee available in the lobby, even if you have your own attached restaurant. There are Keurig coffee makers in the room.

1  Thank Quincyabc
Reviewed 12 February 2020 via mobile

Poor value for money. They charged an extra fee for the 2nd guest - I've never heard of that! I paid $200 total and there is not even breakfast included. Wouldn't recommend. Do better, Holiday Inn!!!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple