Lowest prices for your stay
US$232
US$223
Hotels.comUS$232
HotelIndigo.comUS$232
Expedia.comUS$232
All reviews rooftop bar corner room valet parking bars and restaurants king bed c unit front desk staff fitness center mini fridge nice size florida
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 November 2020 via mobile

Undergoing a major refurb. The staff are very friendly. This is an older hotel, not the best Indigo - I love IHG but not this one. The room was big but it’s tired. Bar and restaurant all shut down. Probably the best thing about this hotel is the downtown location.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Daryl Rixman, Owner at Hotel Indigo Ft Myers Dtwn River District, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2021

Thanks for staying with us and enjoying our fantastic location in the heart of downtown
Sorry we did not provide the WOW experience you, and we, expect for all our guests
Hopefully we will have another opportunity

Reviewed 28 June 2020

BED BUGS!!!!!

I want to first start by saying since COVID 19 I would assume that hotels would’ve used the time to fix, clean, and get their rooms cleaned thoroughly. The hotel has a smell. In the hallways it smelled like old water in a mop bucket that keeps being used over and over (mind you this is carpet). The room I stayed in was a corner room. Stains on the furniture (which are majority white and light in color). Air conditioner so loud you couldn’t talk on the phone without cutting it off.
I checked in on Tuesday and the front desk people were always speaking and checking on us. They were generally nice. I did receive a note under my door Wednesday evening stating that it was a friendly reminder of no smoking. I don’t smoke so I immediately went downstairs to confront it. The front desk staff said management wrote it and would have them contact me. I never received anything further than this random note that made absolutely no sense. Especially since it was never brought up to me by management ( I did inquire on it but the front desk staffer didn’t know why they hadn’t reached out). Now to get to the bed bugs. Bed bugs feed every 5-10 days. I travel a lot and have never encountered bed bugs, but upon my research they are disturbing little creatures and I am outraged that I have encountered them at this hotel and have yet to hear anything from Management at this very moment. I noticed small bites on my body Thursday but I attributed it to being at the beach and on Friday I also went to the beach and had the same bites but even more at this point and they were very itchy and small unlike mosquito bites. When I woke up Saturday morning my legs and back were literally covered with bites!!!!! This was my last day in Florida and when I told the receptionist she tried to negate the fact of the bed bugs and tried to change the conversation to why was I just now saying something. Clearly she doesn’t know how bed bugs work so I proceeded to tell her and she told me “if they see something they will clean it” at this point I am beyond outraged and I have pictures of the bites and of the nasty furniture in the hotel. I had to leave some of my clothes and belongings in the room because of infestation and traveling purposes. I will NEVER visit this hotel again. I have told my company to take it off of our list for conferences, and I will make sure to tell my friends and family that this hotel is not for the people and have not taken the time to actually clean before letting guests come in. The staffer handled this poorly even if you are not management she could’ve done something but instead she chose not to.

Date of stay: June 2020
2  Thank Galloway1920
DarylR125, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Ft Myers Dtwn River District, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2020

Ms. Galloway,
Thanks for choosing to stay at our property for 4 nights
Each morning I saw you all I heard from you was great comments.
Our assistant manager heard the same each evening from both of you
I am sorry that all changed when I reminded you our hotel is a non smoking property
Unfortunately I was off on the morning you departed and brought you concerns to our attention
When we spoke on the phone last Monday I informed you that the staff investigation (including myself) found no traces of bed bugs, which later was verified by our pest control provider
Rest assured there were not any types of pests in your room
Also know we did not charge you a smoking fee
I might suggest an "incense" that does not smell like an illegal substance in the future
Hopefully you enjoy your future stays and travels in the IHG family
Best wishes always

Reviewed 7 March 2020 via mobile

Hotel under renovation so the pool, rooftop bar and fitness center were closed which was disappointing. Rooms were very large, clean and comfortable. Location is close to large selection of restaurants which was very convenient

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
DarylR125, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Ft Myers Dtwn River District, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2020

Thanks for staying with us and enjoying one of our spacious rooms, along with our convenient location
Sorry our rooftop refresh caused any disappointment during your visit.
Come back and see us after it is finished - it will be worth it.

Reviewed 1 March 2020

Some issues came up with my last minute reservation. The desk staff and manager were very accommodating and kind. Honest mistakes happen, it is how they are handled that really shows. The rooms are large and clean. The bed was very comfortable. This hotel is right in the middle of everything going on in downtown Fort Myers.

Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank RoyS1657
DarylR125, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Ft Myers Dtwn River District, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2020

Roy,
I am so glad we were able to assist you and work through your Booking.com reservation issue
Always recommend going directly to the hotel website when booking for convenience
Our team welcomes everyone and will always do whatever possible to provide a fantastic experience
Look forward to your next journey our way

Reviewed 7 February 2020 via mobile

Arrived for one night only, in the neighborhood for a court appearance. Cool renovation/repurpose of a US Post Office. Decent room with view of rooftops & river. It is the only hotel in this part of Ft Myers. Quite few restaurants and small shops on this lovely street & marina. I’ll really have to think hard whether the cool/convenience factor is worth it next time. Although the room itself was comfortable—the beds were just not comfortable. The a/c unit was extremely noisy. The 24-hour business center printer didn’t not work (the front desk staff was very helpful in printing a few things I needed.) the rooftop bar area was clean, but the furniture was very shabby. It was very expensive.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
DarylR125, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Ft Myers Dtwn River District, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2020

Marcy
Thanks for choosing to stay with us and enjoy our convenient location
Hopefully our upcoming refresh will convince you to have the "cool" experience again in the future
We appreciate your feedback and the chance to improve any inconvenience our guests have