“The best lamb shops I ever had ”

Greek Islands Taverna
Ranked #29 of 1,470 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

I really liked the service, the place, the location, the restaurant and the food.
The lambs shops were by far the best. The salads not so good. Other than that it was great. They have drinks from Greece as well so you better try them! ;)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,497)

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

I actually did not done here. I tried to park in the lot tonight and all the spaces were reserved for valet parking. I choose to self park as I have had problems with valet parking in the past. I was shocked that on a Monday night in the off season to find no self parking. I doubt that I will return.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Good prices. Can go at noon and in the evening. Very good attention. Always full of people so good signal.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were looking at real estate properties in Pompano Beach, Florida and we asked the Broker where we could get a great meal and she suggested Greek Islands in Ft Lauderdale. When we arrived, there was a line outside the door and the parking lot was so full that we had to wait to get to the valet parking drop off. I do not agree and do not appreciate a restaurant that charges for parking when there is clearly not enough “free” parking spots in their parking lot. Isn’t it the responsibility of every good restaurant to provide enough parking for its customers, without asking them to pay $4.00 plus tip for valet parking? So after feeling annoyed and taken advantage of, we continued to wait in line.
We were seated fairly quickly (5 minutes). The restaurant was packed and every seat was taken. It was very busy but not loud. Our waitress was very personable and professional. She made us feel comfortable and not out of place in a big restaurant where most of the diners seemed at home. We had the melted cheese appetizer and mousaka and the house specialty, lamb chops. The lamb chops and cheese appetizer were amazing, the mousaka was just ok. The bread and hummus to start was amazing and very filling. We did not have dessert but the table next to us had the rice pudding and they were “regulars” and loved it. Oh, the tables are very close to each other so hopefully, like us you will be seated next to nice people.
I do recommend this restaurant and I would return to order the Greek salad, lamb chops and ribs. The prices were reasonable and the service was remarkably good in spite of the packed crowd.
Enjoy

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

One of the best Greek restaurants in South Florida. Excellent cuisine, great atmosphere and good service. I love the Greek salad and the lamb chop... phenomenal wine to pair with!!!