Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Best. Birthday. Ever.

My son wanted to go deep sea fishing for his 10th birthday, add some cousins, grandparents and a... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
AmandaK504
Coral Springs, Florida
via mobile
87" inch Bull Shark

Went down in Ft Lauderdale for Thanksgiving 2018, My brother and I decided to go fishing and we... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Connector731821

Recommended experiences in and around Fort Lauderdale
from US$130.00
from US$26.00
from US$299.95
from US$60.00
More Info
All reviews captain zsak kingfish tuna mate dave fishing trip these guys hammerhead shark deep sea fishing caught fish afternoon charter live bait inch sailfish trophy fish great fishing experienced fisherman worked very hard half day trip
Reviewed 15 May 2018

Two of my buddies came in from South Carolina and we took this trip with a few guys from work. This was a great experience. We caught about an eight foot hammerhead shark. Awesome!

Date of experience: May 2018
Happy Day C, Owner at Top Shot Sportfishing, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Thanks, Chad, for your review on Tripadvisor. Glad that you and your friends had an awesome time with use fishing. Good job on catching the 8 ft. Hammerhead Shark. Nice going on the rest of your catches - a Mahi Mahi, Kingfish and half of a Tuna :).

Come back soon.

Thanks again,

Captain Zsak
Top Shot Sportfishing Charter Boat Team

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Myself and 4 friends went down to Florida for my bachelor party. We researched and booked a fishing trip with Captain Zsak aboard his charter "Happy Day Today" and it was an awesome time. Captain Zsak speaks with you 1 on 1 and was a great guy to talk with from the start. From all the charters I looked into he was the most helpful in explaining the trip and what to expect. I have gone on a fishing charter in Fort Lauderdale before and was not happy with my past experience so I was hesitant on giving it another try. But after our experience with Top Shot Sportfishing we are pumped up and can't wait to go back with Captain Zsak and his crew Mark and Alex. Our group landed 1 Bonita, 1 King Fish, 2 Nice Silk Sharks, and the highlight of the trip! A 9' Hammer Head Shark!!! Everyone in our group worked as a team fighting the 9' monster and landed it after an hour fight! Mark and Alex were a very experienced crew and worked hard to make sure our group had a great fishing experience. Thank you again Top Shot Sportsfishing for an awesome trip. We can't wait to come back.

Date of experience: April 2018
Happy Day C, Owner at Top Shot Sportfishing, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Thank you Joshua for your review on TripAdvisor. Glad all worked out for the bachelor party. That was a good fishing trip you had. Good action, good fun. Nice going on your 9 foot shark.
Thanks Capt. Zsak

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

My wife, 8 year old son, and I recently took a 6 hour trip with Topshot. Had a blast! We were fortunate enough to catch a lot of fish, even though that was not the criteria on which I was judging the trip (it’s called fishing, not catching!).

Here’s the highlights:

*First, the fish: we caught about 5 king mackerel, 5 Bonito, 1 large barracuda, and 1 hammerhead shark! One of the Bonito we caught was a true Atlantic Bonito, which the Captain explained to us was better eating than the others (less oily).
*Our trip was scheduled from 6:30 to 12:30. We arrived on time and Richard and Alex were there waiting and ready to go. We left almost immediately!
*The boat (Happy Day Today) was clean and plenty spacious.
*While Richard drove the boat, Alex worked to prepare the lines and bait, and set everything up so all we had to do was wait until a fish was on the line.
*Both guys - who worked very hard so we had fun - were obviously very knowledgeable and experienced. We asked a ton of questions and they were both very happy to answer any and all of them.
*Both guys were really encouraging and made us feel comfortable. None of us are expert fisherman. My family had done charter fishing a couple times before but that’s the extent of our deep sea fishing experience. We didn’t get a single feeling of frustration on their part that we were noobs. They were really happy to help and each time a fish was on they were excited for us to get to catch it.
*Alex and Richard both demonstrated a respect for the environment and the fish we were catching. For example, only the fish that were going to be used for bait or for eating were kept. The others, including the shark, were released to fight another day.
*This is a big one....both were super cool to my 8 year old son. They wanted him to have a great time and build some awesome memories, and he did. We made sure he got more than his fair share reeling in the fish and the crew were really in to helping him out and making him feel part of the fun.

Honestly, we were well aware that we weren’t really the ones “catching” the fish. If not for the expertise of the crew setting the lines and watching for the slightest bite we understand we probably wouldn’t have caught anything at all. Richard and Alex made sure that we weren’t thinking about that part during our trip. As soon as a fish was on they enthusiastically passed the rod to whoever was next and encouraged us as we brought him home. What could be bad?

Alex filleted one of our good eating fish (again, expertly) and we took it to Coconuts that night for grilling. It was GOOD! Much like our trip.

Thanks from the McAtee’s!!

1  Thank Jennifer M

Hi Jennifer, Your 8 year old son had a blast, with awesome memories. He really enjoyed the trip and the shark. Glad you can see how hard the crew works for you. Stay in good health and thanks for the review on Trip Advisor.
Thanks Capt. Zsak

Reviewed 20 April 2018

April 12, 2018. My wife & I went out with Capt.David and Deck Boss Mark. In no time at all they had me hauling in my 1st sailfish of my life!! Throughout the rest of the 6hr. charter we caught several kingfish and bonita. I've been on many charters and can testify that these guys worked non-stop to put fish in the boat. Professional, safe and gentlemen at all times best describes the way they do business. The next time we're in Ft.Lauderdale they will be the charter we want. These guys know how to catch fish! Sincerely, Jim&Madeleine Sharkey

Date of experience: April 2018
Happy Day C, Owner at Top Shot Sportfishing, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Hi Jim , Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. It makes the crew very happy to know that the customers see how hard they work . nd you being on many charters can testify to this. have a safe trip back home and see you on your next time back to Fort Lauderdale.
Thanks Topshotfishing Team
Capt. Zsak

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Spent a beautiful day fishing aboard the Happy Day Today with Captain Dave and Mark. Captain Dave put us on our limit of kingfish and a nice Amberjack. First mate Mark made sure we had a great time and was very knowledgeable in all aspects of sport fishing. The boat was very clean with a nice cool space to get out of the sun for a little bit. All the needed amenities for a family. Would definitely go out again with the Happy Day Today the next time I vacation in Fort Lauderdale!

Date of experience: April 2018

This is very important for the crew to hear that you enjoyed your charter with us and to notes how clean the boat is. The fish gods looked down and took care of you. Thank you for your TRUE review on Trip Advisor. stay in good health and see you on your next fishing trip.
Topshotfishing Team