Open today: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm

Reviewed 19 April 2019
wendy1811027
Taupo, New Zealand
via mobile
Pretty little shop in picturesque village

Reviewed 20 December 2019
jillwH6080PW
Soberton, United Kingdom

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 December 2019

Adjacent to one of NewZealands most photographed building, The Cardrona Hotel. A tiny shop but stuffed with an interesting and eclectic mix of things - many sourced locally. My friend bought some "bloke soap" made with mud and beer, and I bought a lovely print of the Cardrona Hotel.
Well worth a visit

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed 23 August 2019 via mobile

This place had a very nice selection of Cardrona related products and Kiwiana. Nice and warm inside too.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed 21 June 2019

My son and I had a wonderful breakfast at the Cardrona Hotel, thought we would pop into the Old School Gallery Gift Shop next door when we saw the large Open sign on the road. The shop assistant was the Rudest girl ever, she had yellow hair and a long red coat and made the whole experience Awful!! We left the several things we wanted to purchase and got out of there fast. Dreadfully rude!

Date of experience: June 2019
1  Thank Sophia C
Reviewed 19 April 2019 via mobile

The old school house is only small but it has been decorated well and mostly has products as souvenirs for the Cardrona Hotel like t shirts and tea towels and prints etc. A few other collections were nice but I would like to see more variety to be of more interest. The building is cute in its setting by the hotel. Please fix the door lock as visitors can't open the door and think it's closed!

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed 22 May 2018

As I biked through Cardrona I came across this super cute little hut and I simply had to walk in and I discovered a treasure of art and artifacts, things to buy or simply to browse. The lady in attendance was very kind and happy to show me around and tell many local stories of past and present.

Date of experience: March 2018