“Would NOT recommend to anyone”
Review of The Kokonut Hut

The Kokonut Hut
Reviewed 11 June 2021 via mobile

I would never patronize this place to save my life. I took a newlywed couple, my wife and kids there to have drinks and apps on a Thursday afternoon. Today 6/10 I was told if my kids use the beach and I use the restaurant I have to pay the 20 dollar beach parking even though my tab was over 120 bucks in the first 30 minutes. Even the waitress stated that it was ridiculous, Nevermind the locals just slip him cash to park wherever they want. There are much better places to frequent. STAY AWAY.

Also take a look at the Facebook and google reviews stating the same and videos being spoke. Of with homophobic slurs, and racial threats.

Date of visit: June 2021
1  Thank 380aaront
Write a reviewReviews (176)

Reviewed 30 May 2021

We found this place our first day in Bradenton Beach and stopped for a drink and appetizer on the beach. Bartender was super friendly, appetizers were decent and we enjoyed our stay, even stopping back a second time during our stay for drinks. Can't comment much on the food, but location and view are great.

The one surprising negative is smoking/vaping at the bar. I guess since it's a Tiki bar, it is technically open air. But it is surprising to see/smell/experience smoking in such close proximity at the bar. Not a deal breaker, just a surprise.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 2 May 2021 via mobile

Seems cute but the owner is nuts. Literally bought drinks, waitress was great, and he came to our table telling us its a private place. So confused we said we just bought drinks. He pointed to our reusable water bottles (which we haven't touched) and we said we are paying customers. He told us to leave. Not the waitresses fault but avoid at all costs if you're looking for a good vibe. Otherwise the server was sweet. Weird and not vacation like at all!???

Date of visit: May 2021
1  Thank eblana1
Reviewed 14 April 2021

The good: Awesome location and service. The bad: terrible food. Explanation: my husband ordered fish tacos that were excellent. I ordered the “catch of the day” which was red snapper. My actual fish was good (not as good as the other fish that I’d eaten all weekend on the island). Everything else on the plate was terrible. And when I say terrible I mean I couldn’t even bring myself to eat it. The rice was 100% waste of space on the plate and the broccoli was worse than frozen microwaved broccoli (which I believe is what it was and they found a way to make it worse). The whole dinner was the most expensive dinner we had all vacation (because of the red snapper) and yet I left hungry because all I had was a few bites of appetizer (baked feta was okay) and a filet of fish. Why would you serve something so unbelievably bad with something so good. The truth is that how bad the broccoli and rice was totally overshadowed how good the other stuff was. And I’m a broccoli lover. Even mediocre broccoli would’ve sufficed. Just know you’re paying for the beach experience and lower your expectation on the food. The little diners and dives on the rest of the island had better food if you’re looking for a food experience.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 13 April 2021 via mobile

We had dinner at the Kokonut Hut.
We knew we would have quite a wait (they were very upfront with that) but we didn’t mind at all.
We sat under one of the huts outside enjoying cocktail hour with a beautiful view!
Our server was excellent, very personable and attentive.
Food was very good.