Review Highlights
Excellent Experience!

Y84YZteresal
Get Away to Cayo Costa

Travelbelle4255

All reviews cayo costa captain rick cabbage key day trip great trip ferry service ferry ride saw dolphins state park recommend this trip great sense of humor local history great captain mate gear cruise crew
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 August 2021

My husband and I took a cruise to Cabbage Key for lunch. It was a fantastic ride out there and Joe did a fabulous job narrating the ride. Joe was very informative and has a lot of knowledge about the area. He was quite entertaining as well! Kathy, in the office, kept us updated via text (TS Fred was causing some schedule changes). Kathy was extremely accommodating and made sure we got on the cruise. We would highly recommend using Tropic Star for one of their many cruises!

Date of experience: August 2021
Reviewed 15 August 2021

I used Tropic Star to get over to Cayo Costa state park. Kathy was kind and shared good information while booking my ticket. On my way down, I ran into a couple of rough accidents and storms that slowed my trip. I called to explain, and Kathy was, again, very helpful and let the captains know. I got there just as they were supposed to head out. They waited for me and never even threatened to make me walk a plank or scrape barnacles to make up for my tardiness! The trip over and back was uneventful in all the good ways. They helped load my bags there and back. I was going to stay for about a week so there were a few bags! Highly recommend using them if you are heading over to Cayo Costa.

Reviewed 26 July 2021

Had a great experience and went back a 2nd time. The ferry was so.much better than having to drive somewhere from Pine Island. We saw dolphins and manatees, Captain Joe and First Mate Sean were a lot of fun, and made the trip fun for my girls who enjoyed the trip and steering the boat. The island was a very nice beach and we were there the perfect amount of time.

Reviewed 24 July 2021 via mobile

We had a great time taking the ferry for a day trip to Cayo Costa! The captain and first mate were great. Highly recommend this trip!!

Reviewed 23 July 2021

We camped on Cayo Costa so we rode the ferry twice. Each time the captain and first mate were friendly, helpful and made the trip truly enjoyable. We had two kayaks and they didn't complain at all about loading them on the boat. We were told by the person who took our reservation over the phone that they couldn't guarantee the kayaks if the boat was full and that they no longer could put the kayaks on the roof.But when we got there the boat wasn't that crowded but they still loaded the kayaks on the roof. THANK YOU!!! On the way off the island, the boat was less crowded and they put the kayaks right on the boat.

They were very attentive to some small inquisitive children, all while telling people about the islands and making sure we saw dolphins. Tips are appreciated but not required. We tipped $5 per person.